Doubletree Hotel Pittsburgh City Center

One Bigelow Square, (formerly Ramada Plaza Suites), Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 15219, United States

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 43% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• cjg1's Profile Photo

A Suite Stay

This Doubletree was very nice with a great downtown location. We arrived in the mid afternoon and were greated warmly by the front desk staff. Check in was a breeze and we were upgraded to a suite on the eleventh floor. We were handed our room keys and our yummy, warm chocolate chip cookies and headed upstairs.

The suite was a two room corner suite. Upon entering there was a large living area with a sofa, chair, desk, mini bar, tv, coffee table and a huge window overlooking the city. The bathroom was a nice size and had a seperate vanity right outside the door. The bedroom was cozy with a nice bed, recliner, TV and two windows with city views. The suite was very nice and clean. The bed was a bit too soft and bouncy but we still managed to get a good night's sleep.

The hotel had onsight valet parking and a nice restaurant, the Bigelow Grille. We received friendly service from both the parking attendant, front desk and the Concierge. This would definitely be a hotel I would use again.

Unique Quality: I enjoyed the suite, it was a nice size and very quiet. The corner location provided excellent city views. The bedroom was a nice size and had alot of windows. The living room was quite large yet cozy.The Bigelow Grille was also a nice feature of the hotel. We enjoyed having a late meal and some drinks. The staff definitely enhanced the experienced by provided friendly service such as extra cookies upon checkout and providing driving directions.

• Lhenne1's Profile Photo

Downtown Accomodation

The Doubletree is very nice and seeing as it's downtown, it probably caters a good deal to business travelers. We got a great deal through princeline and only paid $80 a night during the summer.

Unique Quality: Cookies upon check-in. Amenities: coffee machine in room, hair dryer, cable TV, pay-per-view TV, separate vanity area and bathroom.

Directions: Across the street from the Steel building.

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Doubletree Hotel Pittsburgh City Center

The Doubletree Hotel (formerly the Ramada) in downtown Pittsburgh is newly renovated and in a superb location. Just across the street from the US Steel Building and Mellon Arena, this hotel is within easy walking distance of many attractions. For areas that are further away, the T (or light rail) stops just across the street from the hotel as well. Also nearby and within walking distance are the Strip District and the Cultural District.

The hotel interior is brand new with a nice new restaurant on the first floor and a parking garage underneath. List price for rooms is between $140 and $160 a night, but we booked our room through Priceline.com and paid just $60 in May 2006 and again in July 2006 for the Three Rivers Regatta.

More about Doubletree Hotel Pittsburgh City Center

Wow, nice work

by TripAdvisor Member javisq

I only stayed one night at the Doubletree Pittsburgh, but I wish I could have stayed more because of the hotel. They were a little crowded and being a HHonors member, I was bumped up to a huge suite. 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, dining, and living room with good views. The hotel is modern and has an interesting restaurant downstairs with some unique fair (probably not kid friendly because of the ingredient choices). The front desk staff was very nice. My only complaint was the valet parking took forever in the morning. I think there was only one guy and he was quite confused. It took 20 minutes to get my car. But I would certainly stay again.

Excellent Location and Service

by TripAdvisor Member mantaray15

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Doubletree Pittsburgh City Center from 11/17-11/19 2006 and had a very good experience. The room was a good size and very clean with a comfortable bed and pillow. The bathroom was also a good size with an excellent shower head for a hotel - good water pressure. The service was outstanding from the front desk staff to the valet attendants. The location is perfect as it is within walking distance to just about everything. Directly across the street is a subway station and a Starbucks. About two blocks is the Mellon Arena and one block to the best restaurant in Pittsburgh, The Carlton. We also ate dinner and had drinks at the Bigelow Grille which is located in the Doubletree. The food was very good and service excellent. We liked it so much we went before and after the hockey game we attended! The only minor negative I can say about the hotel is regarding the towels - they were very rough, but other than that we had no problems and were very pleased that we chose to stay here. Whenever we make it back to Pittsburgh we will definitely stay here again!

Great stay at nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member dadpa

Spent a night here in early August 2006. I had no trouble finding the hotel, unlike an earlier reviewer, by simply following the directions on the hotel's Web site. Note the entrance to the parking garage is on the opposite side of the hotel from the front entrance.

The lobby is decorated wonderfully , and as others have noted, you receive a delicious chocolate chip cookie upon check-in. I found the staff to be very friendly and my room was much larger than expected. The bathroom is a bit small, but it's a bathroom - you are not going to be spending your entire day there. The bed was very comfy and the hotel provides you with a variety of pillows.

Try the restaurant attached to the hotel - the food was wonderful and our waiter was friendly and very knowledgable. I would stay at this hotel again.

Loved the Doubletree!

by TripAdvisor Member peapod1007

What a great hotel. Clean property and rooms with very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent restaurant within the hotel - "Bigelow's" -nice breakfast buffet for the money. Very close to Mellon arena. Would definetly stay there again. Stayed one night 8/19/06 with family.

Great Place

by TripAdvisor Member stlrfn

A great place to stay in Pittsburgh. The customer service is great, the rooms are nice, and the hotel is in a good location. I have stayed at the Sheraton Station Square on previous trips, and the Double Tree commpares well.

Great Hotel except for a Wedding

by TripAdvisor Member SherryF

We really liked this updated hotel, except for the wedding in the hotel our first night there.. We booked the Doubletree for 4 nights and the first night was one with interupted sleep til 4 am. The family that had rented the one bedroom suite above us had children that jumped, screamed, ran around and were very noisy. To add to this, and somewhat later, the couple decided to have a fight til 4am (we thought maybe it was the newlyweds, that was the only humour we could take from this awful night.) That morning I called the front desk and asked for a different room on a higher floor and they said certainly. We packed up our bags and went to the front desk and asked for our new room, the duty manager said that there was a convention in the hotel and could not move our room to a higher floor but they would block the room above us since the family had left. There really was no apology except to say that it was a wedding. The next 3 nights were uneventful thank goodness.

really nice place

by TripAdvisor Member AOGB

I wasn't immediately blown away by the Doubletree. Initially I found my room (5th floor) small, with no view, kind of basic. It's when you get comfortable that this place starts to shine.

The bed is amazing. It's been a while since I slept that well. The shower is just fine; bath is small but adequate, and the toiletries are Neutrogena and nice. The fitness center is great, full stop. The front desk at times needed a bit of prodding (I asked if they knew when the Starbucks across the street opened, and they said no: I had to ask them to find out for me, rather than their offering to call) but this was very minor. Nice location, right between the downtown and Strip areas -- I walked all over the place alone and felt very safe.

I left reluctantly, and would come back in a heartbeat. Nice little cocoon to retreat to amid business meetings!

Comments