Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport

1111 Airport Boulevard, PO Box 12420, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 15231, United States
Expedia.com Priceline.com Orbitz.com

More about Pittsburgh

Clipper ships at ChristmasClipper ships at Christmas

The crowdThe crowd

Girls just wanna have funGirls just wanna have fun

Feeding the Birds at the National AviaryFeeding the Birds at the National Aviary

Anything on New Years Eve in Pittsburgh?

by Khursten

We are coming to Pittsburg for the Winter classic New Years eve and are looking for something to do? Any suggestions? As well does the 'T' Train go to Heinz stadium?

Re: Anything on New Years Eve in Pittsburgh?

by bocmaxima

This is an annual event in Pittsburgh for New Year's: http://pittsburgh.about.com/cs/holidays/a/first_night.htm
The T does not go to Heinz Field, unfortunately. You could take it Downtown (Wood Street), cross the bridge then walk west. But that's a pretty good walk. You could also take a bus.

Re: Anything on New Years Eve in Pittsburgh?

by mikelisaanna

First Night is a large celebration in downtown Pittsburgh on New Year's Eve. The city also has plenty of bars and restaurants that do their own New Year's parties.

Travel Tips for Pittsburgh

too many breweries for even me?

by richiecdisc

I must confess I've not seen enough of Pittsburgh to say what its greatest sights are. Our stop was to visit friends and in that sense, even though it was very short, it was a great stop. Thanks to Ed & Ann for their hospitality. We hope to see you again soon.

If you are asking what my favorite brewpub is I would have to say Penn Brewing even though I've not been there yet. I've had their beer and my guess is if their food is as good as their beer, it has to be a better brewpub than The Church Beer Works. Sure, we were heading to a good friends' house in Pittsburgh but that would undoubtedly lead to yet another brewery stop. My friends know me well and a visit by me means a visit to the local brewery. This even happens when I am not in the mood. They can't wait to show me their local stuff. I guess my reputation precedes me. To set the scene, my wife and I had been to around 50 top brewpubs during our six-month trip around the US. We had been choosey about the places we stopped, trying to keep our budget under control and save our livers for the rigors of backpacking which was the real purpose of the trip, after all. But that part of the trip was over and now we found ourselves driving cross country, “back east” to the area I had grown up before finally making our way back down to our home in Florida. Obviously there would be a few beery stops along the way, all well-chosen. The problem was we were making such good progress on our trek east, it was only natural we would run into quite a few top ones clustered too closely together. In fact, we had been to two the day before, we were driving from one now, and we were surely heading towards another one that very night. That would make four breweries in two days, a lot for even me when not in Franconia. (concluded below in Fondest Memory)

Pittsburgh: the people are rude like easterners to

by denver1982

I have visited Pittsburgh three times, living at the moment in south-central Ohio, I go there sometimes the city is very clean and very good resturants all over(especially Italian ones), but the people in Pittsburgh are plain rude. Never ask people in Pittsburgh for directions or help if your a tourist or they'll either cuss you out or give you a bizarre look like "They are nice and must be from out of town". So if you decide too eat a good italian meal in Pittsburgh then have a directions ready before you get to this very, very difficult to navigate town. Each time I have visited it seemed to have a interesting ethnic mix, but Pittsburgh is a very conservative acting town

Pittsburghese.....What are Yunz looking at ?

by MaosRedArmy

I cannot explain Pittsburghese, except to say that my theory is that people were just too damn tired from working all day and had no energy left to ennunciate words properly. Some words are jammed together (i.e. Giant Eagle became Gianeagle), while other words are just pronouced incorrectly (i.e. warshed instead of washed).

Somehow, I escaped without ever picking up too many of these bad habits, except for how I pronounce the days of the week (just change Day to Dee and you have Mondee, Tuesdee, etc.).

The more popular sayings you are likely to hear while in Pittsburgh include:

Stillers = Steelers
Pop = soft drink or soda
Yunz- = variation of y'all or you all
Gianeagle = Giant Eagle (local supermarket chain)
Warsh =-Wash
Jumbo = Bologna
Crick = Creek
Yabbut = Yes, but
Priddy = Pretty

For more details on how you too can speak Pittsburghese, I highly recommend visiting:

www.pittsburghese.com

or:

www.sesraw.com/Birdra/pitt.htm

Batttttter Up!

by taylo365

PNC Park opened in 2001 after the demolition of Three Rivers Stadium. The park is enormous and widely considered to be one of the most impressive of the modern baseball park. The backdrop of the Allegheny River creates a wonderful setting for a great night game. Just hopefully you aren't going to root for a home team win. The Pirates aren't exactly known for those these days!

Pennsylvania Trolley Museum

by mikelisaanna

The Pennsylvania Trolley Museum is a small museum dedicated to trolleys, which were extensively used in Pittsburgh and its suburbs until the 1980s. The museum is located just off of Interstate 79, about 15 miles south of Pittsburgh, and features a collection of trolley cars from Pittsburgh's past, as well as trolleys from Philadelphia and New Orleans. A highlight is a trolley from the actual "Desire" trolley route mentioned in Tennessee Williams' famous play "A Streetcar Named Desire".

The trolley museum is fun for small children. A highlight for them is a 30-minute trolley ride, which leaves every hour from the museum and takes you on a 4-mile loop around the local countryside.

Comments