Pittsburgh Hotels

Our Members Say

• starship profile photo starship
  • Reviews: 1001

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Marriott Residence Inn - Pittsburg Univ./Med. Ctr: Great Hotel for Extended Stays!

When events as large as the East Coast Volleyball Championships come to town, it is not uncommon that groups are actually "assigned" specific hotel space. That was the case with us when we were assigned to the Marriott Residence Inn in the Oakland section of Pittsburgh. We had never stayed in an 'extended stay' hotel, and we soon found that we really, really liked it. The bright colors & comfortable decor were immediately appealing.

Our accommodations were wonderful! The one-bedroom suite was like a small apartment really with a living room area, and small but full kitchen, dining table & chairs, separate bedroom with additional TV, dressing area and bathroom. The living room area had a desk, sofa, tables, chair & ottoman, large TV and internet connections. The kitchen was fully equipped with dishes, glasses, pots & pans and small appliances. Since we brought groceries for making some of our own meals, the refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishwasher were put to use throughout our stay. The hotel even provided coffee, tea, and microwave popcorn as well. There was no need to make our own breakfasts since the 'room' price included a large, self-serve breakfast (waffles, sausage, toast, bagels, fruit, potatoes, hot & cold cereals, yogurts, juice, etc.) in the cheery, 2nd-floor breakfast area where coffee and tea were available 24 hours a day.

There was also an indoor pool, hot tub and fitness room in the building but unfortunately we did not have time to make use of them.

The service at the Marriott Residence Inn was friendly and helpful.

Parking is available on the premises for $13.50 + tax per day(2008 price) ; if you decide to park off the property, contact the hotel itself in order that the parking fee is not automatically added to your bill.

Our 3-night stay, group price was US $119 per night plus tax (2008 price) which was actually less than the price we had paid for a Motel 6 in State College, PA, the previous year, and I feel we got much, much more for our money at this Marriott Residence Inn.

Our suite had everything and more than we could have asked for including a very comfortable bed, and plenty of towels and toiletries. I felt that I could have stayed there much longer without feeling deprived of space or privacy.

My favorite features of this hotel were the extensive and excellent complimentary breakfast, a free shuttle bus, and the wonderful rooftop terrace. Whether day or night, the rooftop terrace was a great place to be.

Plenty of tables and chairs were available on the terrace and which we took advantage of for an alfresco breakfast at least twice. The outdoor BBQ grill on the terrace was perfect for fixing our own steaks for our last evening meal in Pittsburgh!! I don't think I'll forget how the view over the city from the terrace really made everything feel extra special.

The only negative was that the hotel had no 'grounds' as it was located at the side of a hill.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written June 23, 2008

Marriott Residence Inn

• Faiza-Ifrah profile photo Faiza-Ifrah
  • Reviews: 616

Country Inns and Suites, Washington, PA: Surprisingly comfortable suites

Country Inns and Suites was not located near Pittsburgh, but rather near Washington, PA about 45 minutes drive south on I 79. We stayed here because we only found it to have vacancies. For some odd reason, I 79 corridor from Pittsburgh all the way down to Washington was super busy during the week.

The stone exterior led us to a spacious and well maintained lobby area where we checked in. The rooms were much larger with a living area, spacious closet and bathrooms, flat screen TVs and a very, very comfortable bed.

The service, facilities and amenities were great. The suites were large enough to accommodate us, a family of 4. The suites provided for spacious living and bedroom with 2 flat screen TV sets, spacious closet and bathrooms, comfortable beds, and all the day to day utilities provided. The swimming pool was clean and water had comfortable temperature.

The free breakfast was truly continental in nature and was served well beyond the closure time.

The best thing we liked about it was spaciousness of the living room and the bedroom, and of bathroom. there is ample parking space.

• Related to: Road Trip, Architecture, Family Travel
  • Written August 29, 2010
Tip Photo

Two families at the entrance

• Parklife profile photo Parklife
  • Reviews: 46

Pittsburgh International Hostel: Cheap Sleeps

I've never actually stayed at the hostel (as I have family around the burgh) but I didn't see it listed in any of the accomodation tips and I have driven by it on ocassion.

The hostel is located the South Side area of PIttsburgh on a hilltop (Warrington Ave).

The building is a renovated bank building. This has provided for some unique features such as the old bank vault being restored as the elevator entrance.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written June 23, 2003

• Travmad profile photo Travmad
  • Reviews: 157

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Crowne Plaza Hotel: Nice and near the airport.

If your flying out of Pittsburgh international this is another good place to stay. The hotel does offer shuttle service to the airport but their hours have changed. They used to run 24/7 but now it's 4am to 1am. That should still get you to the airport on time. This was another priceline deal with this hotel. Buy using it you can save some money. I give a double thumbs up to the staff. They were not just helpful but friendly and patient even though they were dealing with a wedding reception spilling out into the lobby.

In summer the outside pool is open from memorial day to labor day. There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance. We chose Chinese which was really nice food. There is a restaurant inside the hotel as well as a bar for convenience. The bed was extremely comfortable as well as the room. The Hotel is pet friendly for an extra cost.

• Related to: Travel with Pets, Road Trip
  • Written August 6, 2007

• maryinutopia profile photo maryinutopia
  • Reviews: 52

Westin William Penn: Westin William Penn

$99 - $215

The Westin William Penn is the premiere hotel in Pittsburgh, located within the Grant Street power corridor. Four star accommodations abound from the posh lobby and excellent restaurants to the meeting and sleeping rooms. All sleeping rooms include data/power ports for laptop computers.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written August 24, 2002
Tip Photo

• moiraistyx profile photo moiraistyx
  • Reviews: 664

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Fun with J & T: STAYING WITH FRIENDS IS ALWAYS EXCELLENT

My very first trip to Pittsburgh was a spur of the moment idea, so I didn't have any time to arrange for a hotel. Lucky for me, some high school friends of mine, the reason I went to Pittsburgh in the first place, were more than happy to let me and my travel partner stay in their extra bedroom. The benefits to staying with friends are endless, everything from freshly made coffee and cinnamon roles to not having to find your way to your hotel after having way to much to drink.

T had the most adorable kitty. It really made me feel at home.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Road Trip, Budget Travel
  • Written March 31, 2009

• cjg1 profile photo cjg1
  • Reviews: 5422

J+T's House: Full house

I am lucky to say that this is another town I am lucky enough to have friends who I am very close to. They will always make their guest room available to me and I am truly grateful for this. It makes coming out here much easier and I enjoy the times we can all get together.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written September 18, 2006

• lesbiangaytravel07 profile photo lesbiangaytravel07
  • Reviews: 3
Holiday Inn at the Airport: Top three

Classic Holiday Inn circa late 60's but sort of secluded and not on airport strip-hidden by shrubbery- outdoor sundeck adjoins pool. Bridges- charming restaruant. Go for the chicken florentine and the wedding soup. Art everywhere here especially about the first in Pittsburgh and some of the greats who lived here. Rooms are pleasant and vedding is excellent. Rates are a steal at $69.

Airport shuttle is 23 hours. a small fitness center-large pool. Well maintained property that recently underwent a major $6 million renovation. Restaurant os called Bridges and the art work is extraordinary. The Ferris Room has amural that must be 40 feet long. Has to be seen to be believed. Priority Club members will like this place- workers here are referred to as associates-very accommodating

• Written July 6, 2003