107 6th Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 15222, United States

Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
Booking.com Renaissance Hotels Expedia.com

• Tierney09's Profile Photo

Fabulous!

Since I live in the 'Burgh, I haven't stayed here. However, it's a gorgeous hotel in a great location and I've heard wonderful things about the service! It's a bit pricey, but if you can afford it, I highly recommend it!

Directions: Downtown Area

• flora1's Profile Photo

A paradox

This hotel was already an existing landmark when the old turn-of-the-century Fulton building was remodeled into the Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel. The best thing about it is its fantastic location on the Allegheny River. You can walk to theaters, restaurants, the Strip District, PNC Park (Pirates baseball), Heinz Field (Steelers football), some museums, and the Convention Center. The picture is of the Roberto Clemente Bridge, a walkway which connects downtown with the North Shore sports fields.

Unique Quality: Location, location, location!

More about Renaissance Pittsburgh

Great Stay at the Renaissance Pittsburgh

I stayed here on business for two nights. Wow. What a beautiful lobby! I was impressed from the moment I walked in. The front desk service was great. My room was quite large with an excellent view -- clean and nice decor. I had a comfortable stay. On my second night I ordered room service which came after an hour. I received a call apologizing for the delay and the meal was free -- can't beat that. I recommend this place and would definitely stay here again if I am in the Pittsburgh area.

Wedding Weekend at the Renaissance

The Renaissance was an obvious choice for our wedding in July 2004 because of incredible architecture and high quality service. Everything was magnificent: the buildings, hotel rooms, banquet rooms, food, service. You name it. The hotel hosted us, our extended family and friends, took care of rehearsal, dinners, the ceremony and reception. It was all perfect. With a zillion things that could have gone wrong, not one thing did. I have not one complaint, only the highest praise to offer. It was a gorgeous weekend. I couldn't be happier and all of our guests enjoyed the experience. The staff went out of their way to make sure everything was wonderful for us. Feel free to email me if you are considering having your wedding at the Renaissance. I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.

eleganance in the 'burg'

by TripAdvisor Member Vegastrip

My wife and I stayed here over the weekend for the NFL playoffs. The location can't be beat for PNC park and Heinz field. The valet/unloading area can be dicey however they work well with the very limited space they have. The lobby/hallways were very clean and the rooms were as to be expected. The only reason I did not give this property a 5 star was both my wife and I found the bed to be sloped with our feet slightly elevated and we both seemed achy from our nights sleep on the bed. Minor issues for a fine property and would highly recommend as one of the nicest properties to consider when staying downtown.

very good

by TripAdvisor Member TruthBTold

We checked on tripadvisor and read the rave reviews of the pitt renaissance. but because the rate was a little bit out of our budget we went to priceline instead to bid for a 4 star hotel for $70--including tax etc it was $87.

And guess what, we got the Renaissance anyway! I was elated by the good surprise. Both my fiance and I looked forward to checking into the hotel.

The hotel staff was excellent, especially the concierge and the front desk people. When I called to say that my room wasn't warm enough (I like it really toasty--like about 80 degrees), they sent a very earnest young man to come to look into the problem. There was nothing they could do, but they made a good effort. The next morning they let me sleep in an hour later. The room we had partially overlooked the river. It was a nice size for two people. The carpet, bedding, window curtains were all in excellent condition. I especially liked the down comforter wrapped with white covering.

The decor is for the older/mature audience. Certainly there's no zen/european/minimalist sensibility, but the hotel has restored ceilings, golden lampshades in the lobby, and wooden bed post, and navy/yellow royal color coordination in the room. You get the picture.

The bathroom was nice, though the marble floor was in a baige color so you couldn't really tell whether it is 100% clean. I noted some spots of minor rusting on certain furniture/railings. The water was a little hard and I had some trouble rinse detergent off my hands, but that's no big deal. You can go around the block and park for $5 a day instead of the $25 valet parking. The fitness facility is in the basement--small, but well stocked with machines, apples, and free bottle water. There's a Bally's next door that you have access to. They use "energy efficient" lighting in the room, and in the hallways. I tend to like better the real cozy glow of regular lightbulbs. During the day, we could hear buses and motorcycles through our window. But, after 9PM, we heard no noise until next morning when the day starts again.

On the next morning the lobby was full of smartly dressed and courteous businessmen and women. The hotel is located in a "cultural" district that is in the processing of consolidation. There are some strange and depressing
takeout restaurants around the corner, but there are also theaters and Market Square closeby. Soft classical music is played in the lobby.

I wouldn't say the Ranaissance was the best hotel I've ever stayed. I find that it has some flaws, but I can't really say that it's not a great hotel either. For the great deal that I was offered, for the real effort at pleasing customers, for the restoration of a museum-like building, I almost feel bad saying anything bad. I paid so little. But at least that leaves room for more generous tipping of the staff.

Thank you, Renaissance. I hope you do well.

Terrific Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Boston732

Like they say in real estate- not a drive by. The main entrance of the hotel doesn't look like much from the street but as soon as you enter the door, you can see you are in a terrific hotel. The doormen help you out of the car and assist you with your bags. The lobby is lovely and the check in was a breeze. Our rooms were beautiful- and we were all Priceline customers. My mom and dad's room was huge as was my sister in law's. Both had two beds and plenty of extra room if you needed a cot. Our room had one king bed and was ample- although not as impressive as the other two.

It was a weekend, and the parking lot across the street was a $5 flat rate for up to 24 hours. (Even when there was a baseball game at the park.) One of our out of town guests met us at the hotel for drinks and requested valet parking. Valet parking is $23 so the valet suggested she use the $5 garage! That was terrific. It was very easy to get in and out of the garage.

The hotel is very conveniently located to PNC park and to the highways. The concierge was very helpful and arranged a car for some of the guests who weren't up to the (very, very short) walk to PNC park. The rooms were so quiet. There was no noise at all from the street, hall or other rooms. The bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was well appointed.

Drinks in the bar were extremely reasonable. Coffee was offered in the lobby each morning. The restaurant in the hotel is called Opus and other tripadvisor reviewers felt it was overpriced. I, therefore, drove my parents to a local breakfast spot (Pamela's) and showed them another Pittsburgh neighborhood. My sister in law, however, ate the brunch at Opus and said it was $15 and she felt it was an excellent value.

It was a fantastic stay. We all had a great time. I've also stayed at the Westin and the Omni in the downtown area of Pittsburgh. I've got to say the Renaissance is the best of the three. And Pittsburgh is a fun place to visit!

Great Stay

Stayed for a wedding at PNC Park. The proximity of the hotel to the park was great. The room was decorated nicely and very clean. The price was reasonable for the amenities. I would definitely stay here on my next overnight trip to the Burgh.

Pre Empty -Nester Vacation

Our 2 night stay at the Renaissance was great. It was the last stop on our week long vacation with our son and daughter who both will be attending college this fall. Our room was perfect and roomy which is important to a family of 4. The rooms were extremely well appointed and the beds were quite comfortable. We had requested early check-in and a high floor. Both requests were filled cheerfully. The entire hotel is clean and well kept and we found the entire hotel staff was extremely helpful. The hotel location was great as we had tickets to see the Sound of Music in the theatre district. A quick 3 or 4 minute walk. We avoided the $22 valet parking charge by unloading at the hotel and using the self park garage directly across the street. The charge was $5 per day on the weekend. We enjoyed our visit to pittsburgh the town has much to offer and expect to be back at the Renaissance soon.

Great view, bad breakfast service

by TripAdvisor Member 10DogMom

Stayed just one night while visiting Pittsburgh for the Bassmaster Classic. Had trouble finding the place because the streets have several names and aren't marked as well as they could be in town... but were very welcomed when we got there by the doorman (?) who also later directed us to Morton's (we already had reservations, but he offered to get us some - perhaps he was the concierge instead?). Got a room on the 11th floor with a great view of the river and both stadiums. Had a special which included a free movie (and, unfortunately, did have to mention this at check-out because we were billed for it, but the clerk PROMPTLY took it back off and never stopped smiling). The lobby is gorgeous and the bed linens looked new, plus lots of amenities in the bathroom (hair dryer, fogless mirror, all the little bottles including mouthwash, a NICE box of tissues, etc).

One incident in the night - noisy neighbors. My husband called and security came up VERY quickly and dealt with it.

Breakfast, the next morning, was a different story. We slept in and got to breakfast 10-ish. The head waiter took his time seating us (like there was a rush of people then...) and the waitress... thought that being cutesy (and she had to be in her 60's) took the place of good service. I asked for OJ and never got it, but did get billed for it. Since they also had not had the lemon souffle pancakes I wanted available AND the corned beef hash I had settled for had taken forever, I asked my husband to take care of the OJ problem since I was ready for a scene. He got one, anyway, when the waitress argued with him that I had ordered OJ. When we told her yes, but I'd never gotten it, she actually came over, batted her eyes, and asked "if I could forgive her". I SHOULD have replied "Yes, if you can forgive the puny tip you're going to get", but I didn't, since I was instead grinding my teeth. She took it off the bill AND poured me a glass, but she got a puny tip anyway. (If she wouldn't have argued - or wouldn't have BILLED us...)

For the view alone, however, I would definitely stay here.

Comments