Super 8 Motel Pittston

307 State Route 315, Pittston, Pennsylvania 18640 , United States

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data
  • Utterly repulsive is too kind a way to describe

Oh my God. I have never stayed somewhere so utterly disgusting in my life. We were 'stuck' since this was over memorial day weekend and we decided that since it was only one night and it was late that we would tough it out. Bad idea.
    First the really bad. The hotel was an obvious fire hazard, halls reeked of smoke, incense and industrial cleaner, no smoke detector in room, and cigarette burns in bedding on both beds. Although we didn't know it until morning the room was also infested with bed bugs. Upon arriving home we had to bag and clean EVERYTHING clothes, luggage, souveniers, etc. and get an exterminator to treat our house at tremendous cost. So much for a cheap hotel to save money one night.
    Now for the 'small stuff'. Other than these two things the place really just sucked. Filthy property, filthy halls, filthy carpets, filthy beds, filthy bathrooms, filthy rooms (not to mention some rather filthy clientele as well) and inept rude staff. Customers working on cars in lot, a tub that wouldn't drain, a fridge that didn't work, a phone that didn't work, a tv with a green picture (but hey! they DID have HBO!) windows you couldn't open and a nice smoke smell in a non smoking room. You know, basically plenty of reasons right there not to stay at this roach hotel, but with a few extras that made it a complete horror show. To top things off when I went to get a receipt at checkout there was no one at the desk. After waiting about 10 minutes someone came out of the breakfast room (we didn't check out the free breakfast as we didn't want to vomit) with a pitcher of milk which he then proceeded to wipe out with his bare hand. The perfect touch to the most disgusting night of my life.

My advice? If it's late at night and you find yourself in Pittston PA (near Scranton) and the only vacancy is the Super 8 just pull in and bed down in the field behind the property. It will be a cleaner and far more pleasant of a stay than if you paid to be horrified.

Comments