Manor Drive And Route 314, Pocono Manor, PA, 18349
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

More about Inn At Pocono Manor

Not worth the expense

by TripAdvisor Member SteveMnyny

The hotel itself is in fair condition, but not acceptable for the room charges. It really lacks any activities for any extended period of time. They have a Rod and Gun Club which is worth the stay if you enjoy shooting sporting clays or fly fishing(did not have the chance to do), however it is open to the public and there are other places in the area to stay.

They claim to have ATV tours, but they turned out to me a simple 10 mph drive down some dirt roads. The stay of the atv tour look and act like nazi patrol man, dresses in grey camo, sporting the words security. Very unfriendly!

Unlike other Pocono resorts there is nothing to do. It looks like they dont have enough business to offer activities. I was disappointed that they did not have simple things like horseshoes, or shuffle board. The little stuff that matters and make a stay great are missing.

This is no place to take kids on vacation. As a get away for couples looking for peace and quite it has potential, that is if they can find activities for kids to do, to keep them from running around the hotel.

I would not recommend this Inn for a family vacation.

Like being inside a snow globe

by TripAdvisor Member clearbluewater11

This hotel felt like a throw back to a simpler time. Maybe it was the fact that it was snowing, quiet and peaceful, but I thought the Inn was very inviting. They have a huge lobby area filled with comfy overstuffed chairs and couches. You can relax with a hot drink while playing checkers or reading the free newspapers.

The room we were given had one strange thing about it. You couldn't lie in bed and still see the TV as it faced a different direction. This may not bother everyone, but we asked for another room and they switched us right away with no problem. Both of the rooms looked out on a winter wonderland scene, and they faced opposite directions, meaning it really doesn't matter. The room itself was great, it felt more suited to Winter because of the heavy drapes and the dark colors, but I've never been in Summer.

Something to note, you do have to pay extra for many activities such as tennis, skiing, dog sledding... we borrowed their saucer sleds, for free, and took a walk to the golf course to go sledding. It was beautiful out there, although very icy, fast sledding. The homes you walk by are amazing, huge old Swiss-like houses. And it was so quiet, did I mention that??

Another thing to note, the activities are not right next door to each other. You have to walk a good ways to get to the tennis courts or the Rod & gun club where you can rent skiis. And it was snowy on the ground, so don't wear you sneakers.

I also used the indoor swimming pool. It's a nice size pool, well kept, but... the lights didn't come on all the way so it was pretty dim in there, a tad scary had I been alone.
A negative if you want to work out is the fitness room. It's bizarre, they have a row of antique machines right outside the indoor swimming pool so the air feels just as warm as where the pool is. I can't imagine working out in there as it was so warm.

It's a huge place and lots of lounging areas, but not all were heated to well. Which again was strange that the fitness room was so warm. Some parts were a little too much like The Shining (Overlook Hotel.)

Breakfast, which was included was basic. French toast, toast, no fruit, no real juice, ok it was a little sad, but they were so nice and seemed to want to please.
They also offer dinner there for $32 for a 4 course meal. We didn't try it.
Overall, I had a really pleasant stay and would return again, despite any little negatives.

Truly horrible in most every way

by TripAdvisor Member PhiladelphiaJordan

Forget the reviews and the star-system and cancel your reservation immediately. This place is out-dated, dirty, and smells. The food is some of the worst I've ever paid for. I would expect to pay $85 for a room like this in a city. I would have walked out of both meals had I not paid for both in advance.

The amenities listed were all closed. I didn't try the spa, but the clay pigeon range, ATV tours, tennis, and dog sledding were abandoned.

Think I'm just griping, or have an axe to grind? I beg you to take me seriously.

I couldn't even check out without being pushed aside by the clientele that finds this place acceptable. I walked out and will never return. Final point--I always thought it impossible to screw up a breakfast buffet. I was so very very wrong.

Lots of fun

by TripAdvisor Member LongIsland_NYLIgirl

We visited with friends over New Years holiday. We were 6 adults and 4 kids, age 8 and under. Stayed in a tower room which was comfortable if a bit dark. We loved the numerous sitting areas and holiday decor. Kids had a great time with supervised daily arts & crafts, and a supervised New Years Eve party with clown entertainment. Indoor swimming pool was clean but over chlorinated. Yes, you do pay extra for snowtubing and dog sledding but it was well worth it! There was plenty to do and we could'nt fit everything in our 3 day stay.

Only negative was the dining room. Not enough help so dinners were 2 1/2 hr. affairs. Forget about trying to get your drinks refilled. Food was mediocre at best. Try eating at restaurants nearby. There are several within a couple of miles.

Pleasurable Winter Inn

by TripAdvisor Member prczar

I was a little worried after reading some of the reviews, however, we found the Inn quaint and charming. It is old (dates back to 1902) yet has been fixed up and the rooms are old-world charm. The lobby area with free coffee, hot chocolate, cookies, games and inviting chairs made it very home-like. The restaurant reminds me of the one in "Dirty Dancing"..the staff was very pleasant and the food was fine. The MAP plan is the way to go..enjoy a 4 course meal that changes daily. We went skiing at Camelback (about a 10-15 minute ride) and hung around in the eve at the Inn's bar with live entertainment and friendly bartenders. My teens liked the gaming area and movies available.
Don't expect the Ritz Carlton..but a comfy, winter Inn that is the perfect place for a get-away weekend. Breakfast buffet was good and is included..changed daily..fresh fruit and hot items were fine to begin the day.
Go to Barley Creek Brewery for a meal..it was excellent and a fun place to go..give the beer sampler a try..the beer is made on premises and was terrific..the food delectable. About 10-15 minute drive.
We also tried the spa..very nice massage after a day of skiing.

If there were issues in 2004 they are gone now.

by TripAdvisor Member mrluckypa

I was a little leary about staying at the Inn at Pocono Manor, I surprised my wife for her birthday this weekend and was pleasantly surprised. While the rooms were not the most up to date they have updated them where it was necessary. Comfortable beds, new energy efficient windows (no drafts) and relatively new bathroom fixtures. Staff is courteous and very helpful. You have to keep in mind that the building has been standing since 1902. They were clean, and comfortable. We have stayed at about 18 different hotels during the past year. The Inn at Pocono Manor ranks near the top of the 18. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone that wants a hotel with more than just a room to stay in.

Wonderful time!

by TripAdvisor Member Kurtsmom

My husband's birthday is early February and I booked a room at the Inn at Pocono Manor for a romantic weekend.. What a wonderful time we had! The food and service in the dining room was excellent. The Inn itself is beautiful and inviting. There are so many things to do nearby. I strongly recommend this place for a romantic getaway.

Great People, Great Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member Shummy013

My husband and I stayed here in January of 2008 and we had the best time! We were trying to get away for a romantic weekend, and we couldn't have chosen a better hotel! The mountain view from our room was absolutly breathtaking! We didn't have a chance to get bored with all the activities available such as horseback riding and ATV tours. It was a blast!
We ate dinner in the hotel restaurant on 2 different nights and the food was excellent! The receptionists at the front desk were very friendly and helped us with any questions we had.
I would definitly recommend this resort for couples trying to find a getaway or even a family because of all the great activities available!

Don't Do it!

by TripAdvisor Member JWins83

My husband and I made reservations at the Inn expecting an enjoyable mini getaway Valentine's Day weekend. Little did we know.

I honostly don't know if I can say a good thing about the Inn other than most of the girls at the front desk are very nice. Everything else is terrible! To avoid missing anything, I will outline my stay, which we cut short.

1. We booked our trip through the Inn's website, which makes the place look like a dream getaway. We upgraded to the "Romance" package for over another $200 per night. This package was supposed to include a bottle of champagne in the room, along with chocolate covered strawberries and a 55 min massage for each of us. (I'll get back to that later.)

2. When we arrived in our room, we weren't crazy about it, but hey, the building is over 100 years old. The "champagne" that was in the room was aweful-looking and the ice in the bucket was melted. Also, the chocolate covered strawberries were presented in a metal Chinese takeout style container, and wrapped in plastic wrap. Very romantic right? We then decided to check out the bar, which is just about the ONLY thing to do at night besides fight children to get a chance to play cards on the table or play some old board games thrown in one of the rooms.

3. Soon after we retired to our room, we were awakened by some very obnoxious guests partying in the hallway downstairs. This was after 1 AM, and since the Inn is old, the walls are evidently like paper. We called the front desk three times, since that is the only way to contact security. The second time, the lady seemed rather annoyed to be bothered. Long story short, if security did show up, they did nothing because the noise continued until well after 2:30 AM.

4. When we woke up that morning, we were planning on asking for a new room to avoid a repeat of the night before anyway, but then we saw the bathroom in daylight. The fixtures were leaky, my husband described the shower pressure as a leprechaun peeing on his back, and there were little hairs around the sink faucets. My husband did NOT shave the night before. I should have left right then, but for some reason we asked for another room, which we were given quickly by a very nice girl working at the front desk. The new room looked alright, so we decided to stay, and we went to the outlets until dinner time. The romance package did include a $25 gift certificate for each of us to the outlets (admitedly a nice touch); however, we had to remind the front desk to give them to us. Also, don't be fooled if this package becomes available again...it is advertised as a shopping spree.

5. As part of the romance package, we were to be given an included four course meal daily for dinner, as well as breakfast (which we never checked out). For dinner, finer dress was "required," so we rushed to our room to change. When we got to the dining room we were shocked. The four course meal was nothing more than a below mediocre buffet that I wouldn't have paid to eat at had I known what is was like before hand. The food wasn't much better than an average cafeteria's, and I know, I am a teacher. To top it off, a man at the table next to us actually changed his shoes at the table while we were eating. No one said anything about this man who was fiddling with his socks while I was trying to eat my overpriced cafeteria dinner on my "romantic" getaway. Plus we felt like fools because we dressed for the occasion, and most other people were in their less than best pair of sweats. Also, we had to wait forever just to get sodas because the waitress had to run all the way to the bar for drinks. We even saw two girls leave the dining room who were sitting at their table for a very long time waiting for service. Again, we hit the bar because there was nothing else to do.

6. The last straw was when we went back to our second room only to find rust-brown-yellow stains all over the ripped sheets and comforter when we turned the bed down. I was so disgusted I was in awe. Needless to say, we left.

7. When we were leaving and working out what we would pay for and what would not be charged (because we were scheduled to stay another day) we were informed that that we were supposed to get a massage everyday with our package. We only had one scheduled for the last day we were planning on staying. No one informed us that we were technically paying to have one everyday, so we were paying over another $200 added to the room price, and not even receiving what we paid for. Managment was nice enough to cancel most of the charges, except for the first night's stay and the bar tabs.

Basically, this place is a complete disgusting rip off. Nothing is as you would expect from viewing the website. Even the workout area is misleading. The workout area is a couple of hundred year old machines situated right next to the closed off indoor pool, which makes it about 100 percent humid in the area. Plus, now that I think of it, I can think of several reasons why having electrical equipment in close proximity to a pool, even though it is separated by a wall, can be a bad idea. Plus, the paper given to us when we checked in said lunch was available in the dining room within a few hours during the day. However, when we showed up for lunch, they informed us they do not have lunch offered other than what is available in the bar.

When we finally left this dump, and it is a DUMP, we went to the nearby Mt. Airy Resort and Casino, and loved it. We got a gorgeous suite for less than we paid at the Inn with the romance package, and the drinks were cheaper.

You be the judge!

Great Place!

by TripAdvisor Member SunnyDaysNewJersey

I had stayed here with my husband and we loved the place. We travelled from NJ and the convenience was helpful. The building does have some outdated ceilings and fixtures but what can you expect from a 100 year old building. The staff was friendly and helpful and the food was great with lots to choose from. The off peak season was a little slower than usual but the summer's do get busy!
I would definitely recommend this place to first timers and we are coming back again during the summer.

Comments