Reading Hotels

Our Members Say

• SNICK profile photo SNICK
  • Reviews: 32

**This section would not be...

**This section would not be fair, as I've had the pleasure of working for Country Inn and Suites in Wyomissing, Best Western Dutch Colony Inn and Suites in Exeter Township and am currently working for the Lincoln Plaza Hotel and Convention Center in downtown Reading.** However, while I do recommend all three hotels, it bears noting that the Clarion Inn at Reading, the Sheraton Berkshire, Homewood Suites and the Hampton Inn all have great accomodations and great prices, too.

Avoid like the plague: Ramada Inn, Fifth Street, Reading (they have roaches big enough to put leashes on them and give them names); Econo-Lodge, Spring Street, Wyomissing (Had a really bad experience there, their management did nothing to resolve it); Penn View Motel (Not exactly the kind of place I'd send a valued guest to unless I didn't like them, in which case I'd send them to Ramada first), Penn Street, West Reading.

• Opinion of Price:
  • Written August 26, 2002

• SheDragon profile photo SheDragon
  • Reviews: 90

Lincoln Plaza Hotel: Lincoln Plaza Hotel

Our discounted rates for having reserved a block of rooms was around $100/night. I imagine the rack rate would be closer to $150-$200/night.

The Lincoln Plaza is used to catering to conventions and weddings, and is pretty much the most upscale hotel in the city, so they make sure they have a lot to offer. Every room is a suite, and I hear they have a fitness room and anything else like that you could want (I didn't have time to check them out, was too busy getting married again).

For more pics from the wedding, see the travelogue!

• Opinion of Price: most expensive