240 Hartman Bridge Road, Rt. 896, Ronks, Pennsylvania, 17572, United States
Booking.com Travelocity eDreams

More about Hershey Farm Hotel

Average stay

by TripAdvisor Member Buckeyefan42

We just returned from there. If you are seeing Sight and Sound it is just a short walk over the hill. This was it best feature. Oh and the grounds were beautiful and my kids loved the animals. Our room was clean. The hotel itself is in need of a face lift. The stairwell area needs painted as it looks very worn down. The breakfast was frustrating, as others said, you held no priority even though the breakfast came with the room fee. One day they told us it was a 25 minute wait for 5, so we split up into 2 tables.

Okay hidden prices!

by TripAdvisor Member 50states4

The restaurant was nice except for the fact of the flies. The gift shop right there is GREAT! The Whoopie PIES are Great! The pool is nice. The general manager BRETT does not like to give any discounts at all! He says he is but he really is NOT! so, always double check. You do get charged for your children for breakfast so beaware!!! They hide this from the customers. So, I would say the prices are a bit high.

An OK hotel, but better options

by TripAdvisor Member mudpuppysmom

Originally when we planned our trip to Strasburg I had all intentions of staying at the Netherlands Inn. By the time my inlaws decided that they were infact going with us the Netherlands had no rooms left, so I scrambled to find another hotel, but met some resistance trying to stay under $100 per night. I did find the Hershey Farm Inn though for an initial rate of $129 the first night and then $89 the second night. I kept searching for less expensive rates and then I found a rate somewhere online that was $79 for the second night at Hershey Inn, so I called them and they lowered the price for both nights. Again I kept searching and again I found a cheaper rate online and called again and got the rate changed for Sunday nights stay.

After driving for four plus hours we arrived at the hotel to be told we could not check in early -- not a big deal as we would have liked to have freshened up, but no biggie. After a day at the railroad and Cherry Crest Farm (highly recommend that place!) we also ate dinner (another great place that one of the locals recommended!) we arrived back at the hotel to check in. We were given keys that looked like they were from the 70's and asked to pay upfront for our entire stay! I have never paid upfront for the stay......you usually leave your credit card number as an authorization, but I have never signed for the charges at check in, so that caught me off guard a bit. When we entered the room initially we were cooled off, but shortly thereafter the humidity of the day settled in and it never left the room the entire time we were there. It felt like it was going to rain in our room at any given moment it was SO humid in there!! As for the room, it was SMALL and had a king size bed, two night tables, a dresser, a fridge and bathrrom with sinks outside the door. The room WAS clean, I'll give it that and the water WAS HOT, but for the price they charge the rooms I expect to be in would be bigger and climate controlled MUCH better!

Breakfast was included in our room price and my husband, five year old son and I ate each morning for free as promised. The buffet was plenty sufficient and I will say that my son actually ate both days. He and I enjoyed the whoopie pies (here we call them gobs, but they are the same as whoopie pies). We did eat dinner at the hotel on Sunday evening as a lot of places are closed and the ones that are open close early.....we had gone to Longwood Gardens that day and got back into town a bit late, so our choices were slim. Again, the buffet was sufficient, but we did have to wait a good 40 minutes to be seated. We toured the grounds during our wait. The grounds are pretty well kept and the animals are a treat for the kids. The gift shop is pretty well stocked with all sorts of little treasures.

Would I stay here agian.......in a pinch I would, but I'd rather try a different place out.

Nice Place to stay.

by TripAdvisor Member cassray88

Stayed here for four nights in July, originally booked three nights but decided to stay an extra night and start our drive home early in the morning. We stayed with another family, each had five in the party. the fact that we could have two adults and three children 10, 6,and 5 in one room was great. Booked online included breakfast which was great on the days we went to hershey park. Pretty good Buffet, very filling. Manager Brett handled our extra night superbly ,we even got to stay in the same rooms (he made adjustments to the incoming guests). In the heart of Amish Country. Nice pool for the kids to cool off, small petting zoo for the kids to give the country feel.

Great Time

by TripAdvisor Member Cristi0316

We planned a family trip to visit Thomas the Tank Engine with our 3 year old son. It was only about a 2 hour drive from where we live, not bad at all. We arrived about an hour before check-in time and we were able to check-in right then. We drove over to the Thomas store, which is about 5 minutes away and then had lunch at a deli right next door to the Thomas store. After that we went back to the room hoping for a quick nap but we all know that 3 year olds don't cooperate. So, we decided to walk around the grounds, everything was beautiful. We stopped in the front desk and purchased 2 bags of feed and headed over to the first petting zoo and fed the goats, then we walked behind the restaurant towards the pond and fed the goats back there and the turkeys & chickens. Then we met Shaggy the donkey, my husband was hand feeding him apples from the trees, he was really enjoying it. We had dinner that night at the restaurant, my husband & I ordered from the menu and I was just planning on sharing some of my meal with my son. The server informed us that his meal would be free and I could get anything I liked from the buffet for him, he really enjoyed his meal, ate everything. After he finished he told the server that he would like some ice cream, she brought him a bowl of chocolate & vanilla and a side bowl of sprinkles, he was in heaven and ate it all!! My 3 year old can eat!!
Our overnight stay was great, we all slept fine & went back to the restaurant for breakfast. Everything was wonderful, we were stuffed when we left.
We really enjoyed our stay & I have already recommended Hershey Farm to a few friends and we will be staying there again next year when we visit Thomas again!
Thank You!!

I really liked my stay at Hershey Farm Inn - would do it again

by TripAdvisor Member 4316

Hershey Farm in was a great hotel - This is my second time there - I like the surrounding. Rooms were very clean. Close to all types of shopping

Great Place -

Hershey Farms was great

by TripAdvisor Member msdHamilton

We stayed two nights at the Hershey Farm Inn. The rooms were, spacious, very comfortable and very clean. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The setting is lovely. You certainly get the country type feeling. It is situated in a very convenient location to everything going on in Lancaster County.
The breakfast buffet was wonderful. We have stayed there on other visits and would certainly return.

Mold!!! Low Budget Motel...Not Worth $$$$

by TripAdvisor Member caylor

Not Worth the Money!! I had mold in my bathroom ceiling...couldn't they have at least cleaned this??? Gross. The breakfast buffet that is included wasn't that great and could be compared to a low budget restaurant. I was extremely disappointed with the whole experience. The website looks better than the rooms and property. Next time I'm going to make a reservation at the bird in hand.. I had dinner there and stopped by to check out the rooms....much nicer and cozy. Plus the food was great, they cater to children and families in general...good job!!

Enjoyed our stay

by TripAdvisor Member suebhunny48

We picked this hotel without any recommendations from anyone and were pleasantly surprised with what we found. The accomodations were great and very clean. The desk clerk was pleasant and helpful and to our surprise, a breakfast buffet was included with our room rate. The food was terrific and the wait staff very nice and efficient. We will definitely stay at Hershey Farm Inn again when in the area.

great experience

by TripAdvisor Member rcdrdew

We enjoyed our stay so much. The surrounding atmosphere is great for kids. My grandchildren, ages 4 to 13 did not want to leave. Take your family for a wonderful experience

Comments