Econo Lodge Scranton

Tags

Budget Travel Music
See Amenities

Econo Lodge, 1175 Kane St., Scranton, PA

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 22, 2010

This was the most disgusting place I have stayed in for quite some time. It was dirty, the bed sheets were too small for the bed and they had holes in them. The 24 hour coffee offer was a joke as you had to walk outside around 2 large multiple units to get to the office and after 11:00 p.m. it was closed. The place didn't smell good and the carpet needed cleaning. Where the baseboard and door casings met the floor in the bathroom was dirty, some of the walls were delaminated although the sttucco paint was still in tact, it looked like there had been a roof leak in several places. The motel location should have been our first clue not to stay there as it was in an industrial area and not very attractive. The owner seemed friendly but his staff seemed a bit spooky and the atmosphere made one one feel uneasy and the door locks did not instill a sense of security either. We had this place booked ahead of time and it was too late to get another place to stay at so we were stuck with this place or driving all night.

If this is an example of how Choice Hotels monitor their outlets then I am going to rethink my membership as a traveller cannot depend on getting a quality place to stay at. We weren't looking for a place with a lot of amenities but it must have the basics such as being clean and secure.

Unique Quality: Nothing good to say about this location other than an experience I will not repeat.

Directions: Industrial warehoudse area.

Going to a concert at Toyota Pavilion?

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 29, 2006

The main reason we chose this place was the fact that it is so incredible close to Toyota Pavilion. In fact most people staying at the hotel the weekend when we were there came for the same concert we went.

This place is by no means Sheraton, but that doesn’t mean that you’ll sleep with the bugs. Still, it’s far away of town and anything that you may call nightlife, and I don’t recall seeing any restaurants around either.

On the good side, the place has very affordable rates. I booked our rooms through Travelocity, but when I received the bill, the price was even lower than the one I received online. Try calling them directly because they may give you a better rate than the travel agencies. Also, if you like shopping, this hotel is about 25 minutes driving from the Prime Outlets, which are the BIGGEST outlets I’ve even seen. Finally, this is simply a CHEAP but clean place where to sleep.

Nearby Econo Lodge Scranton

• Pets Allowed
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Scranton Travel Forum

Need advice about Scranton, Pennsylvania? Visit the Travel Forum for Scranton and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Scranton hotel reviews

Visitor Center
History Museum
Turntable
Things to Do
The guts of a steam engine
Do Not Hump
Excursion trip
Things to Do
Junk food at gourmet prices
Restaurants
Get your steak and seafood here!
Restaurants