1 River Road, Shawnee On Delaware, PA, 18356
Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort
Hotels.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

More about Shawnee Village Along The Delaware River

We had perfect wedding at the Shawnee Inn

My wife and I were married several weeks ago at the Shawnee Inn. We were married on the hotel grounds overlooking the Delaware River and had our reception in the hotel.

Between our two families we had about ten rooms booked. The hotel was great and the staff could not have been nicer. We did not receive any complaints from our guests. By the end of our stay we were on a first name basis with most of the staff. The staff uniformly went out of their way to make sure that we had a great wedding and that our guests were comfortable.

We received a lot of positive feedback about the food. We did not have a chance to taste the hors d'ourves at the cocktail hour because were having pictures taken, but our friends have been raving about them. The food at the reception was also great. Their banquet staff is extremely professional.

I want to address some things that I have read in other reviews. I wonder if some of those reviewers stayed at the same hotel that we did? We had the breakfast buffet both days that we were there. The food was uniformly excellent. We received many compliments about their buffet.

Another item is the size of the rooms. The hotel is close to 100 years old, which is part of its charm. You have to expect the rooms to be a little small. They were clean and comfortable. But what incredible views. We have stayed at hotels on beaches and hotels near Times Square, but this hotel had the nicest views of all.

Overall the staff at the Shawnee Inn went out of their way to help us have our dream wedding. The hotel is about 90 minutes west of Manhattan. Its a great place for a mini destination wedding. It was also a great value and was comparable if not cheaper than other outdoor venues that were closer to NYC.

A cute place, not horrible like other have stated

by TripAdvisor Member izrobertson

Upon entering the property, it appears calm and serene. The riverside location was wonderful. The main entrance was attractive and inviting. The lower level was closed for renovation due to massive flooding in the area in June.

We stayed in room 207 this past week. According to the front desk person it was one of the better rooms. The room itself was decent. It had a pretty stripped wallpaper that was in good condition and a big king size bed. It also had a full kitchenette with stove, fridge, microwave and a dishwasher.

The room was clean. There was one stain near the entrance that appeared to be water damage, but it was only seen if you were looking for it. The full size bathroom was also quite clean. Ther were three tiles at the bottom that looked like they needed to be replaced, but it was nothing major. My husband complained that he did not like the location of the tv. It was parallel to the bed and that made it uncomfortable for him to watch it. We both felt that the room temp of 72 degrees was warmer than we would have liked, but most people would have been fine with that. Only one air conditioner in the room was working.

During renovation, we had to walk a bit into the restaurant (Charlie's Place) in order to get to the indoor pool. We could have also walked around the building to get there, but it was night time and I was a bit scared.

There are so many activities: we did the kayaking. We also drove up to Bushkill and Dingman's Falls. You could also play tennis, use the driving range, or swim in the river.

The hotel is only a short distance from Rte. 209, which has most of the restaurants, malls, and such. It's ony a 5 minute drive from I-80.

I recommend this hotel if you are not the 5-star hotel type and want to enjoy the outdoors.

Right on the water...pretty nice

by TripAdvisor Member MissyY

We wanted to plan a weekend getaway ...my husband and I. I looked at a few hotels in the poconos and wanted to stay somewhere on the water. This was my pick. We saved about $20 per night booking through AAA. Regular rooms start at about $179 but we booked through AAA for about $160.00. But after they add the tax ....which of course I expected..... resort fees and other service charges etc...... that $160 turned into $191.50 per night.

But the Hotel was beautiful, right on the Delaware River...easy to find and convientely located with everything we planned to do. I give it a C+ maybe a B-. We were disappointed that our room didn't have a fridge (which I know some hotel rooms do not) and also it seemed like you could hear whatever was happening in the hallway, the noise wasn't too bad but worth a mention. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated. After a few reviews I read I was expecting a small bathroom which we did not have...but our room was also handicap accessesable so that could be why. My husband and I aren't golfers so we didn't take advantage of the course which is right on their grounds, but we did rent a canoe that dropped us a few miles up stream and we took a wonderful ride ending right at the banks of our hotel.

I should mention I also read a review that they did not have a reservation of someone who planned their stay here...so I called before we arrived and there was some sort of mix up with my reservation as well, but it got resolved in about 15 minutes it could be because I booked through AAA, who knows...but make sure you call to confirm.

Overall I did enjoy our stay here just wish it cost a bit less and the room had a fridge.

Comments