One River Road, Shawnee on Delaware, PA, 18356-009

More about Shawnee Village, Fairfield Resorts

Nice place, however...

by TripAdvisor Member rjw5500

During a recent Pennsylvania road trip, my wife & I were happy (considering the heavy fall weekend travel) to find a room available at the Shawnee Inn & Golf Resort. On the positive side, the Inn is very attractive and ideally located on the Delaware River. The rooms are small but nice enough, and the full length covered porch is a pleasure to hang out on. The lobby area is quite nice, and the restaurant has a lot of glass for great views while dining. Didn't play golf, but the golf course & club house looked great. There was a wedding on the grounds that afternoon, which moved indoors for a big reception during the evening. All this would have been fine except that the noise from the wedding party (music, DJ, whooping & hollering etc.) permeated the entire facility, including our bedroom. We might as well have been downstairs with the party, which lasted til 11 p.m. To their credit, management conceded the problem and tried to find us lodging elsewhere in Shawnee, but to no avail. Long story short, a nice place to stay unless there's a big party going on and you're not invited.

Okay place...nothing great..nothing horrendously bad.

by TripAdvisor Member mumufreemovies

The resort is rather historical, hence it's old-world feel. The exterior is unimpressive, and the interior is neither horrible or fabulous. The rooms are clean but incredibly small. I imagine these room sizes in hotels in Boston or downtown NYC but here? I can't imagine the land here being that expensive. The place is old....you will notice some wear and tear in the room.

Some minor problems:the towel rack in the shower was very rusty. Again, very very tiny rooms. Rather cramped quarters. I couldn't imagine more than 2 people living in one of these rooms. Don't expect much walking-around space. The bathroom was also small. My chair was very low and couldn't rise much. Didn't seem to match the height of the desk. The water pressure in the shower is poor. The hot water temperature was adequate but not steaming hot (i prefer hot hot hot showers).

The staff are friendly and helpful. I had no problems checking in. For such a old hotel I was delighted to learn there was wi-fi and connecting speedily at 54Mbs. The area is nice and scenic. Not much to do around these parts....

I was only here because of a conference. In my honest opinion, I would not pay in excess of $75 (including all taxes!) for these rooms.

The Poconos

by hammerb44

Hi! My husband and I are planning a weekend getaway in the poconos to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary. Any suggestions on things that are great to do in the fall? Any attractions that you can recommend? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Re: The Poconos

by marca

The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort would be a great place for a special weekend. It is a older hotel with the 'old time' charm right on the river. You should be able to find their website on your favorite search engine. They are fairly close to outlet shopping, the WaterGap, Stroudsburg and other attractions in the area.

Marc