ONE SKYTOP, Skytop, PA 18357-1099

Travelocity Booking.com Priceline.com

• mikelisaanna's Profile Photo

A grand old lodge in the Poconos

We have stayed there twice and been very happy with it both times. The lodge is a throwback to an earlier era, with a huge lobby and hundreds of acres of grounds. The staff was friendly, and the hotel offered a ton of things to do for both us and our daughter. The restaurant was good - meals are included in the price. We particularly liked the fact that they seat you at the same table for the entire weekend, so we got to know some of the families at nearby tables.

Unique Quality: Our favorite thing about Skytop are all of the activities that they offer for families. You can swim in the lake or in their indoor or outdoor pools, row a boat in their lake, play golf or tennis, go hiking, or just relax and read a book in their library. In winter they also offer ice skating, a small ski hill and a toboggan run. For kids, they have a day camp, a playground, a miniature golf course, and activities such as face painting and hayrides. We especially liked the Saturday night dinner dance, where all of the guests get dressed up and dance to a swing band.

Directions: In the Pocono mountains of Northeastern Pennsylvania in the United States.

More about Skytop Lodge

Saturday night dancing at Skytop Lodge

by mikelisaanna

Saturday nights at Skytop Lodge are a lot of fun. Everyone gets dressed up for dinner (jackets for men) in the dining room. Then, after dinner, there is a dance in the lodge's main lobby (also called the Pine Room) with a live band. Anna loved dancing with mommy and daddy, and they had a pretty good time, too.

Great considering the weather!

by TripAdvisor Member golfandstogies

Well we initially booked because we wanted the kids to be able to ski, but with the weather that was not possible.

The rooms are a bit on the small and dated side but very quaint and comfy. Housekeeping was a little slow when we needed things and i had a very hard time understanding some of them (heavy accent). Getting extra towels was a chore

The ski slopes were closed except for beginner lessons, due i would asume to the weather. I heard a lot of other guests complaining about the lack of snow and giving the staff a hard time. Not really sure where they come from but i'm sure the hotel staff can't control the weather. The staff took it with a smile and lots of I'm sorries.

The hikes with John the nature guy were great. We wished he would have had a few a day.

The pool started out pretty cold but got better quickly after it got fixed. Spa was awsome but crowded. The pool area feels like the tropics, lots of plants and glass so lots of sun. very friendly kids working there

The ice rink was nice, but very crowded at times. Laura, micheal, eric and jackie were all very friendly .

We were able to play some golf, what a treat in december.

I injured myself at the pool the day before going out to play golf. the lifeguard girls were very quick to respond. when they came back with the first aid kit they had a guy named Ron with them, who fixed me up very quickly. I heard he was the ski patroll guy but i also heard he was the pool manager. either way, he gave me some extra supplies and told me what to do in order to play golf the next day. Dan was one of the managers and he was also very helpful offering anything i needed to make myself more comfortable. Great first aid team. If you ever go and get hurt ask for these guys. it was nice to know i wasnt on my own.

The food was great and our waiter Peter was exceptional. I would highly recommend him if you go. The deserts were top notch and I've never had better.

The bar staff was great too and lindsey the bartender knows everything about wine. great selections. I was a bit bummed about not being able to smoke in there though.

The grounds are gorgeous and very well maintained

I would recommend this place to anyone and am looking forward to taking my family back in the summer. I heard from people who live on property that the place is great in the summer and the lake is kid haven

The miniature golf course in the Skytop lodgeThe miniature golf course in the Skytop lodge

Comments