Slippery Rock Hotels

• VeronicaG profile photo VeronicaG
  • Reviews: 2098

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Apple Butter Inn: A Country Inn

This was my third visit to The Apple Butter Inn. I like its rural setting and it seemed like the perfect base for our weekend away. Only an hour or so from Pittsburgh, it was only a hop, skip and a jump from her home into the Pennsylvania countryside.

The Inn has eleven guest rooms* (some with fireplaces) offering private baths and full breakfast, which is served in a casual-style dining room. A sunny conference room with computer hook-up and a cozy living room provided extra space to spread out beyond one's guest room (pics #2-3)

Mom and I stayed in the only room that had two Queen size beds. It was on the first floor and near the front door, which made it a bit noisy when other lodgers appeared after midnight. However, we were tired from our journey and did not have a problem returning to sleep.

Guests were invited to help themselves to homemade cookies and hot beverages in the evening--a serving station was set up in one corner of the dining room.

I did not find an iron and ironing board, but there was cable tv and toiletries. Board games filled a cabinet in the sitting room. I had my own hair dryer, so I didn't notice whether there was one in the room. Services include the luxury of a hot tub and massage packages.

Loving cats as I do, I was happy to see that a stray kitty had adopted the Inn and was on hand to welcome visitors. I always say that a place that welcomes a cat is a place filled with friendly people (pic #4)!

*Guest rooms range from $79 to $125 for double occupancy.

• Opinion of Price: about average