1 Historic Drive
Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 33% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Netherlands Inn & Spa

Stop for the best homemade waffle icecream cone

by ringleader about The Historic Strasburg Inn's Cafe' and Ice Cream

Although we always enjoy our ice-cream in their homemade waffle cones best, you can get any type of breakfast, lunch, or dinner here at the cafeteria-style counter. They have grilled cheese, homemade soups, great coffee, and hearty American breakfasts! The Historic Strasburg Inn is also a bed-and-breakfast where your breakfast is free with your night's stay. (See my hotel tip for Strasburg for the inn's details and photos.)

Home For The Holidays

We had a great time at Netherlands Inn and Spa. What a beautiful place. Everything was decorated so nice for Christmas. We checked in and found beautiful lobby and a nice warm fire. How inviting. It made us feel like home. We were greeted at the front desk by some very nice woman. She was telling us about things going on in the ara and how to get there. We asked here where to eat and she of course recommended the hotel restaurant, we ate there but also ate at the Iron Horse Inn which was also a great place to eat. We did eat in the restaurant at the hotel and had the most delicious crab cakes and my wife had lobster. The new chef was wonderful. We had stayed before a half a year ago and were not very satisfied with the meal. The front manager asked us to please try them again. I was very pleasantly surprised. We also got a room, it was situated right behind the pool. This was a different room than what we usually get but it was very nice. We didn't get to use the spa but went to look in and it looked very nice. I would recommend this hotel over and over again. They give good service and an excellent product.

ditch the hotel, go to the spa!

I agree with the don't bother review. We had a very similar experience. It was advertised as a rennovated hotel. It was old and grimy. The beds, television, and sheets were at a minimum 30 years old. I felt like I was in my grandmother's house, forced to stay in a gross room, and expected to pretend to like it. The staff had little concern for us. We called to complain and got no answer. The spa was great on the other hand, but it was a bit anticlimactic when we went to our room after a great day of pampering at the spa to find a grungy room with little comfort. It was even cold.

Go the the spa, stay somewhere else. The Leola Inn is much closer to what we were expecting and looking forward to. There is also a great restaurant next door (Mazzi)!

Reservation problems, mix up with the front desk

We were excited to stay here because they do allow pets.When I made the reservations, there was no box to check to let them know that you wanted to bring a pet with you.I called 2 days before we left to ask about the pet policy, I was advised that there were only 5 pet rooms, and they were all booked. The next morning I called to talk to someone else about bringing a pet, and what the extra charge was. This woman switched rooms for us, so we had one pet room and one regular room! We were excited to be able to bring our pet. When we went to check in, they only had us down for one room, and not a pet room!! I was very upset about this, I had made the reservations two weeks prior!The rest of our stay was ok. Our room was cold, with a draft coming in and pet hair all over.The Bistro was excellent, although getting reservations seemed to be a struggle.I liked the hotel, but some of the experiences would make me hesitant to stay there again.

Comments