Hampton Inn Uniontown

grandmaR's Profile Photo

On US 40 Historic National Pike West of Town

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 1, 2004

Leaving Ohio and proceeding east, I accessed the MS roads program and could not find any place to stay south of Fort Necessity. I DID want to stop at Ft. Necessity since we had gone there on our honeymoon 45 years earlier. I wanted to go as far as possible towards home, but it looked like Uniontown was the only place to stay in the area, even though that left the majority of the trip for the next day. I also knew that the Motel 8 was full for that night.

So I called the reservation number for the Hampton Inn, and made a reservation. We had a double queen, non-smoking with AARP discount for $89.10 plus tax.

Unique Quality: This hotel has an indoor pool which is open from 6 am to 10 pm. and was right down the corridor from our room. There were free local calls to the surrounding area so I could access the internet from my room and the staff are nice and helpful. The beds were comfortable and there was no noise problem. The Hampton Inn also gives you more than the absolute minimum of towels and their in-room info had local restaurant numbers and menus. Within .6 mile you can dine at Bob Evens, Ponderosa, or Red Lobster. There is also a Marathon gas station across the way.

The breakfast the next morning had three kinds of juice (cranberry, apple and orange) three kinds of cereal (fruit loops, cherrios and a flake) with two kinds of milk, coffee and decafe, plus hot water for tea (with various types available), or hot cereal, hard boiled eggs, a toaster in which to do waffles or french toast with syrup, pancakes to be done in the microwave, fresh fruit (apples and oranges), bagels and cream cheese, muffins, donuts, biscuits and creamed chipped beef.

Directions: 1.3 miles from the city center near the Uniontown Mall. From 119 Southbound - Take the Main St exit, turn right onto 40 West, go one mile and the hotel is on the right

Nearby Hampton Inn Uniontown

• Business Services
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Uniontown Travel Forum

Need advice about Uniontown, Pennsylvania? Visit the Travel Forum for Uniontown and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Uniontown hotel reviews