Valley Forge Hotels

• Treefrogfloyd profile photo Treefrogfloyd
  • Reviews: 9

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Valley Forge Scanticon: Great hotel overlooking Valley Forge Park

We arrived late on a Friday night, and stayed overnight to a Saturday morning. The staff at the front desk were friendly and processed our paperwork quickly at both check in and check out. We were extremely happy with the whirlpool tub (though the cigarette burns on the tub were unsightly). The room was much larger than we anticipated, with a double bed, a TV armiore, AND a desk/workstation. I would definately stay here again! Our only disappointment was that the Blue Grotto, one of the on-site restaurants, was not open, and we had to eat at Chumley's Steakhouse instead. I would definately stay again, and recommend it. The website for the hotel is one of the worst I have ever seen, however. No information on prices or room availability. We were booked through Priceline.com, so I don't know how that rate compares with the average rate for the room.

Every room has a whirlpool tub! Our room overlooked Valley Forge Park, and had it been warmer, we probably could have walked over to the park. We saw at least 3 places to eat in the hotel complex - the website lists 5.

• Opinion of Price: N/A