Adele Turner Inn

93 Pelham St., (Formerly Admiral Benbow Inn), Newport, Rhode Island, 02840, United States

Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Very Nice Inn for the Weekend

We chose the Adele Turner Inn for Liz's Birthday weekend. The Inn belongs to the Historic Inns of Newport. We have stayed at similar Inns and been happy so we decided to give this one a try. First, the location is wonderful; only bocks from the warf and the mansions. It was very easy to get around on foot from the Inn. We found the Inn rather easiely and parked our car in their lot behind the Inn. We were afraid we were too early to check in but our room was ready.

We were staying in the Tycoon Suite which is the largest suite in the Inn on the third floor. The Innkeeper took our bags and showed us to our suite. The suite was a nice size. The bedroom had a large and comfortable four poster bed. The bathroom was a beautiful green marble with an awesome steam shower with seating for two. The jacuzzi tub was incredible. There was seperate lighting over the jacuzzi to change it from different levels of brightness and colors. The siting room was our favorite; it was a library type room with wood accents and bookshelves with vintage books. Two wingback chairs and a table were nicely arranged in front of the gas fireplace. We enjoyed sitting in front of the fireplace after dinner and the jacuzzi.

The Inn serves complimentary breakfast everyday and an afternoon tea and wine tasting at 4pm. The breakfast was good; not Wow but good. Liz had the french toast and I had the eggs benedict. The afternoon tea and wine tasting was great. They pased out different local wines, teas and even had warm apple cider. There were finger sandwiches, pastry and chocolate dipped strawberies to snack on as well. I really loved the warm apple cider and drank two mugs.....delicious.

Our stay was wonderful and we had a terrific weekend. I was glad we gave the Adele Turner Inn a try although the Abigail Stoneman continues to be my favorite Newport Inn.

Unique Quality: We both liked that the sound system was piped throughout each room of the suite. Volume controls on the wall alowed us to regulate the volume or to shut the music off competely. It was a nice touch having music in the background when relaxing in such a nice suite.

We loved the fireplace and consider it a must when we stay in Newport no mater what the season.

The jacuzzi is also a must for us. There is nothing better than relaxing in a jacuzzi full of bubbles with someone special. I also like that soft cotton robes and slippers were provided as well as some wonderful bath products.

More about Adele Turner Inn

Liz's Birthday Weekend

by cjg1

"Lizucah"

Liz and I love Newport and visit quite often. When I asked her where she wanted to go for her Birthday I was surprised she picked Newport out of a variety of other desinations I suggested. Fall is her favorite season and Newport is her favorite New England town so it was her logical choice for a good weekend.

We stayed at the Adele Turner Inn which is one of the Historic Inns of Newport. It's nicely situated a few blocks from the wharf and the mansions so walking to the attractions was very easy.

It was a great weekend filled with fun, relaxation, romance, shopping and fantastic weather. Liz had a great birthday and I enjoyed helping her celebrate another year.

%The Adele Turner Inn was a great choice for the weekend. We stayed in the Tycoon suite which was an incredible suite on the top floor of the Inn. The bed was incredibly comfy, the jacuzzi was great, the steam shower was relaxing and the library room with it's roaring fireplace created a cozy setting. The Inn was in a good location for walking to all the Newport atractions.

A bonus to the Inn was the incredible breakfasts and afternoon tea and wine tastings. It's one of the reasona why we choose Inns over hotels when staying in Newport.

Guilded Age Mansions and More

by cjg1

"My History with Newport"

Over the years Newport has become one of my many homes away from home. I do not live here but I feel comfortable and have started to know the town like I do. I have favorite places to go for food, for drinks, for just watching the world go by.

I have visited Newport numerous times over the years and know the town like the back of my hand. I prefer to visit in the Fall, Spring and during the holiday season when the crazy summer crowds are not running amuck. Visiting Newport during the holiday season is an experince not to be missed. The Breakers, Marble House and The Elms are open for the holidays and are decked out in beautiful holiday splendor. Christmas time is a favorite for me and I love seeing the houses decorated for Christmas. I make it a point to buy a Christmas ornament very year in Newport to commemorate my holiday visit.

Liz and I have a Preservation Socity Membership (only $75 a year for a household of two) that gives us unlimited visits to the mansions of Newport as well as a 10% discount in the Mansion shops. I would reccomend that any person who loves Newport invest in a membership and enjoy the splendor of the Guilded Age Mansions.

"Historical Places and Fun Times"

.Newport is filled with beautiful mansions, parks, churches, beaches and historical site. There is so much to see and do in Newport. Some of my favorite places are: Ocean Drive, Ft. Adams State Park, Cliff Walk, Marble House, The Breakers, The Ems, Chateau Sur Mer, Rosecliff, Ochre Court, Touro Park, Bellcourt and the Wharf.

Newport also has some great shops, restaurants and pubs. Our trips to Newport have always turned into shopping sprees for Liz and I. We have some favorite restaurants and pubs that we return to faithfully when we visit. Our favorite Restaurant in Newport is Asterisk. The restaurant has incredible food and wonderful service. We have had great meals there. Yesterday's is the place we love to stop in for drinks after enjoying anice walk. The Wharf Pub has become a favorite spot of ours with a good atmospher, good drinks and great snacks.

Newport has some wonderful Historic B&B's such as : The Abigail Stoneman Inn, Adele Turner Inn and Cliffside. We have been fortunate to stay at such lovely places for romantic getaways.

"Newport and Liz"

When we first began dating I was thrilled to discover that Liz loved Newport and had visited many times together. My first trip here with Liz was the weekend of December 15, 2007. We had a great weekend although getting around the sidewalks was an adventure as they had a lot of snow Thursday that week and we got more Saturday night while we were there. It was a wonderful winter wonderland in Newport with the snow covered houses.

We have visited Newport for various occasions over the past two years such as our anniversaries and Liz's birthday. We've also come to Newport to see the Christmas Decorations and the various festivals in Newport such as the Seafood Festival. We've had such wonderful experience in Newport. It's important to share the love of travel with the person you plan to spend the rest of your life with. I'm glad that Newport holds a special place in both of our hearts.

Adele Turner InnAdele Turner Inn