22 Liberty St., Newport, Rhode Island, 02840, United States

MrandMrsSmith.com Jetsetter.com

• Herkbert's Profile Photo

A sweet little suite

My wife and I spent three wonderful nights at the Attwater Villa. We wanted a place to stay in Newport that was comfortable, cozy and centrally located. The Attwater Villa was the perfect choice. It is located in a quiet area just off of Bellvue Ave., home to the majority of Newport's beautiful mansions. It is within easy walking distance to the Cliff Walk, restaurants and the wharf area.

The suite was spacious and clean with a large sitting room and bedroom. The bedroom had a large, comfy bed and plenty of pillows. The bathroom had a separate sink area, and a shower/tub area with windows for natural light. The bath linens were plentiful, as were the toiletries.

A continental breakfast is included and was a delicious way to start the day. There were plenty of choices including a wonderful homemade granola. My wife thought it was the best granola she has had - even better then that of the Model Bakery out in Napa Valley.

Roland was extremely helpful in providing us with directions and recommendations for meals and attractions. Add in a free parking space and a reasonable price and you have a "can't miss" place to stay in Newport.

We would definitely recommend it to friends and anyone who is looking for a great place to stay in Newport.

Unique Quality: Overall great location and wonderful owners.

Directions: Located right near the corner of Bellvue Ave and Memorial Drive.

More about Attwater Villa

Very impressed by the Attwater Villa

Every aspect of this inn that we experienced was in absolute 100% pristine condition, but also it is 100 years old, and has a "history", which makes it a fun place to stay. It is within easy walking distance of the docks, shops, and restaurants at water-side, and was a comfortable, secure, updated, altogether great place, with innkeepers Sadie and Roland who could not have been more jolly, outgoing, and helpful. Their continental breakfast was the most complete and appetizing we have ever seen. We were thoroughly impressed, and recommend Attwater Villa very highly.

Kathie and Bob O'Grady

My wife is in LOVE with attwater villa!!

My wife and I spent our anniversary in Newport. This was our first trip to Newport and our first bed and breakfast. Sadie and Rolan were extremely nice and helpful in finding the best restaurants to try in the city. The experience wouldn't be the same without the two of them. My wife felt so comfortable and I could do no wrong. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The master suite is very romantic. My wife and I rarely enjoy continental breakfast, but I couldn't believe that we were looking forward to breakfast every morning. The bagels and pastries were so fresh. The fruit was wonderful. The homemade granola is a must. They have a wonderful outdoor lounge upstairs. We brought a small radio and sipped on wine and listened to jazz till 2am. The location is perfect for walking to most restaurants and the beach. We are definitely going back to the attwater villa.

Comfort, Location & Value

by TripAdvisor Member TRAVELBYDEFAULT

If it is true the reason for having good manners is to make others feel comfortable, then Attwater Villa should be on your short list for Newport accomodations. Peace and quiet abound at this understated bed and breakfast.

Wonderful time, will be back!

by TripAdvisor Member BeijingTraveler

Our stay at the Attwater Villa over Memorial Day weekend was wonderful-as advertised it is walking distance to all the sights (Cliff walk, mansions, thames street). The innkeepers Sadie and Roland were very hospitable and helfpul... the rooms were clean and roomy. Will definitely stay at the Attwater on our next trip back to Newport!

Perfection everytime

This was our 4th trip to Newport & our 4th stay at the Attwater Villa! It is in a perfect,quiet location away from the hustle & bustle, but within walking distance to all attractions. The rooms are always immaculate and Roland & Sadie, the innkeepers, are truly good people, who are extremely down to earth, warm and welcoming. They pay extreme attention to detail and it is evident that they really love what they do. It has become our yearly tradition to stay at the Attwater and naturally, we'll be back next year.

The Perfect Escape

Several years ago we decided to take a long weekend in Newport. We went on line to begin our search for accomodations. I preferred the idea of a Bed & Bath or Inn. We found no shortage of these on line however, many of them required the use of shared bathrooms, had no parking, and it seemed their biggest sales feature was that of pink frilly lacy rooms. Not our style. They also seemed to be located on the busiest tourist lined streets.

When our search brought us to the Attwater Villa we knew we had found exaclty what we sought. The website had a vertiual tour which revealed large comfortable rooms. The location was set back off the beaten path but conveniant to shops, a variety of restaurants, the Cliff Walks, the beach, etc.

The rooms are beautiful and comfortable. The breakfast spread is ample and tasteful. The Inn has a quiet, sunny sitting area indoors and a lovely deck for reading or a glass of wine. The Inn keeper Roland is always a pleasure and available for any quidance or directions needed. He also makes an awesome granola. The level of cleanliness is superior. And parking is provided.

We come to the Attwater Villa for long weekends as often as our schedule allows and we are always sad to leave. The Attwater is our "Perfect Escape".

A relaxing stay and great value

My wife and I have visited Newport six times over the last ten years, and it is our favorite vacation destination. We have stayed at different places each time, ranging in size from a large hotel to a small Bed and Breakfast, and at different price levels.
Our stay at the Attwater Villa was great. We decided on the Executive Suite, which turned out to be an excellent choice. Two full-sized rooms, king sized bed, two televisions, nice tiled bathroom, and lots of room to spread out and relax. The suite was clean and well-kept.
Sadie and Roland were wonderful hosts, and made many good recommendations in regard to restaurants and activities. My wife and I are familiar with many of the best spots in town to eat, but Sadie still surprised us with a few we didn't know.
The price of a stay in Newport seems to have risen greatly over the years we have visited, but I would consider our stay at the Attwater Villa a tremendous value.

Our favorite inn in our favorite town!

by TripAdvisor Member f1fan-sky

We have been traveling to Newport and staying at the Attwater Villa every year for the past six years. I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else. The inn is tastefully decorated, clean, and well run by a great couple who make each guest feel welcome. Every morning a wonderful continental breakfast is set out in the dining room offering homemade granola, fresh fruit, breads, cereals, pastries, juices, coffee, tea and more. Happily, the inn is within walking distance of just about every attraction, so you can walk off the morning meal!! If you have any questions about things to do or places to eat, the innkeepers are most helpful. All six of our stays have been wonderful.

The Perfect Stay

Recently I had the opportunity to stay at the Atwater Villa and was quite impressed. The accomodations more than surpassed my hopes, and the service was warm and friendly. The location is what seperates this B&B from most. It is within walking distance to all the major attractions and restaurants while it cozily sits off the main street providing for peace and quiet during busy Newport weekends. The Atwater met all my needs, and I will certainly be back for another stay soon.

Comments