Belle View Inn

22 Freebody Street, Newport, Rhode Island, 02840, United States
AMOMA.com

More about Newport

JumpingMICHAEL, VTer MLW20, Rhode IslandJumpingMICHAEL, VTer MLW20, Rhode Island

BeechwoodBeechwood

French Toast and ApplesFrench Toast and Apples

Enjoying my glass of wineEnjoying my glass of wine

Travel Tips for Newport

Clean up after your pup

by Gypsystravels

I thought this was such a great idea. There are times when I walk my little Cookie girl and she decides to poop more often than the bags I have, so I usually wind up having to dig into my purse and reach for a tissue.

I hate walking around a beautiful city and seeing dog poop on the ground, it is disgusting and I wonder how the owers are with their own personal property.

Newport makes sure that each and every owner of a dog cleans up after them and to ensure this, they have these little boxes with "Mutt Mitts".

TALL SHIPS ARE IN !!!!!!

by Pawtuxet

The TALL SHIPS are in Newport this weekend! Local coverage in the newspapers and on TV...everyone is buzzing about it and planning a way to get into the city to see them. I'm thinking of driving to Jamestown Island to sit on the cliffs where we will be able to look across to Newport Harbor and perhaps see them when they do their parade of sails. These are the most exotic and wonderful sailing ships in the world. Three masted schooners...sailed from around the globe. It's a very exciting event which will draw thousands to the island. Parking is arranged at outlying areas and shuttle busses will take you in to the Goat Island area of town where it will be possible to photograph or tour the ships. What a weekend!

Cafe Zelda

by Gypsystravels about Cafe Zelda

We were looking for a place where we could grab a late night meal and a few drinks within close proximity to our hotel and we happen to come across this place. You enter from a corner door which is directly in the bar area with the dinning area just behind in a separate room. The restaurant was empty aside from us and another table but the bar was pretty packed. We decided we wanted to sit and grabbed a table in the dinning area. The decor was quite nice, but the food and service was horrible.

Although the restaurant was empty, it took the waitress a long time to bring us menus and take our drink order. This was the beginning of what Ferni would describe as one of his worst meals ever....We both decided to go with the burger and fries and Ferni ordered a Heinekin and I decided to stick with water.

It took over 1/2 hour for our order to come out and when it did, it was horrible. The fries looked like they were sitting on a grease vat, they were limpy and super greasy. The burger was burnt on the outside beyond recognition but raw on the inside. It was horrible. I took a few bites of my burger before I decided I just couldn't take another. Ferni was so disgusted with his meal that he lost his appetite.

The waitress came by one more time to ask if we wanted dessert, we both looked at eachother and said NO. She looked at our plates and just shrugged and wisked them away bringing our check thereafter.

Ferni was quite upset about our meal and wanted to say something to the waitress but I didn't want this horrible meal experience to ruin the beginning of our weekend and asked that he not say anything. We decided to just pay and chalk this up to a really bad meal experience. We did leave the restaurant hungry and decided to have some pizza instead. We were laughing cause we could have avoided this whole bad experience if we would have followed our instincts and just have pizza and beers instead.

Oh well, needless to say we will not be eating here again.

Cliff Walk

by mpm189

If you come to Newport one thing you must do is check out the Cliff Walk. It sits just above 1st 'Eastons' Beach. It's a 4.5 mile path that runs along side the ocean. On the other side is the Newport Mansions. The view to either side is impressive. About half of the path is paved while the other half is more dirt and large rocks. Depending on what you're looking for in a hike, you can find either here. There are also several enterances you can access the cliff walk from, so if you don't what to do it all in one day, it could be broken into several stretches.

Brenton Point State Park

by cjg1

Brenton Point State Park is at the end of Ocean Drive. We drove out here on a beautiful October Day. I had never been to the Park before but Liz has been here before and raved about the views. The park has beautiful Ocean and Bay views. We spent some time walking around in the unseasonably warm weather and taking in the breathtaking views.

Comments