Newport Beach Hotel & Suites

cnr Memorial Blvd & Wave Ave, Newport, Rhode Island, 02840, United States

More about Newport Beach Hotel & Suites

Winning Ugly

Ugly decor and old, I guess that is the theme,kinda reminds me of an old jersey shore hotel with a victorian flare. good staff, good location if you want a beach and keep away from the hustle and bustle of Thames St. Must have an ocean front room or you will look at the parking lot. Not a bad place, if updated it would be a great place. Price was very good for Newport, bar closes at 9pm. Would not rule out going back. Not a kid friendly place, leave the kids home. Was a positive stay. Right next to cliff walk and three vinyards.

Disappointed with the INn at Newport Beach

Did not receive the room I reserved (suite) and confirmed the day before.
Rooms were a mess..the room I was in was not conducive to rest, right outside of the airconditioning units. Not a good view from my room.
Food service was advertised but was not available for evenings when we went within the time frame adverstised.
Housekeeping was not always consistent.
Would be happy to tell you about my stay and the recovery which was disappointing
Would not recommend.

Better To Just Visit The Beach

This is A place thatshows wellin the brochure , but when you arriveyour not sure that you are at the right place. Price is not consistent with what ther advertise If you thought you were going to get a room on the beach and ypu do, but someone put a busy road right in the way. We suprised our 12 yaer old niece with a long weekend birthday stay in the "suite"-just a bigger room -WILL NEVER GO BACK. If you want upscale put your money in a different style accomodations and just go to the to the beach, DONT STAY THERE.
I THINK THEY SHOULD BE HONEST.

History, Elegance and Affordable!

We normally stay at a chain hotel like Marriott, but my husband and I wanted to try something different. We found this beautiful Inn on the Internet and love it's charm and historic connection. We stayed in one of their suites. The views were beautiful...right across from the beach! The staff was very friendly and the price was very affordable. We were minutes from downtown Newport and they even offered free beach parking in the summer. This hotel definitely gives you a true "Newport" experience.
Loved it!

Thinking of this Inn? Think twice.

We booked our stay here based on the pictures and reviews posted on Hotels. We booked a king-bed room w/ocean view (paid for that too!).

When we arrived, we were told that a king-bed room (ocean view or not) was not available. So, we were "upgraded" to a "suite" instead. What a joke! The suite was nothing more than a small sitting room between the bedroom and bathroom. It was furnished with a small sofa, a chair, coffee table and a small TV on a stand. The furniture was old, beat up, and not very clean. Instead of an ocean view, our view was looking across a flat roof at another part of the building less than 5 feet away! The roof was full of debris, including a squeegee used to spread roofing tar. The bedroom was OK. Queen bed, larger TV, clean. The bathroom was normal sized, but had an extremely small stall shower and no tub. The small glass shelf above the sink was held in place by the wallpaper. It tilted down so much, that you couldn't even rinse your face after shaving, unless you don't mind water running down the front of you and all over the floor! Nor could you use it to place any bathroom items on it - except for perhaps a toothbrush.

The pictures they have posted are extremely misleading! The Inn is not on the beach. Between the Inn and the beach is a very busy 2 lane road. Can't see that on the pictures. The ocean view shown from the bedroom is no way like that. The ocean is too far away. I got a look at one of those rooms when the door was open for the housekeeping staff. The dining room shown in the pictures is no way like that. It is more like a dark and dingy pancake house.

After seeing our room, we complained to the hotel staff that what we got was no way what we booked and paid for. Their response was that our complaint needed to be directed to the online booking provider, and any resolution would have to come from them. We did that, and all we could get in the way of an adjustment was a total of $60 in "hotel bucks" which we can use the next time we book through them. I'm pretty embarrassed to say how much per night I spent to stay here, so I won't. But, the $60 falls far short of what I think would have been fair.

If this writing actually gets posted for people to see, I don't want you to think that I'm some crank. I'm not. This is the 3rd or 4th time we have booked accommodations though Hotels. Up to now, our experience with them has been good. But not this time. Maybe they should scrutinize the properties they list alittle better. Make sure that the photos posted by the property actually match up to what is being offered. And, if there is a dispute - maybe do alittle better than a $60 "refund".

Stay Away

STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL! This hotel is unbelievably AWFUL. The room is dirty, the linens are dirty, and the toilet is dirty like public restroom. The hot water is brown colored - very dirty, only after 10 minutes running then it changes to normal color. But still..euy...Carpet is old and soiled. Wallpaper peeled off, Ceiling tiles are soiled. The hotel is right next to a major street - extremely noisy. Remote control is missing. I found live spider on the bed. Toilet was clogged, stop up. I reported this to front desk and somebody came to my room with the pump and asked me to pump/fix it my self!!! This is by far the worst hotel I have ever been. DON’T STAY HERE.

two-hour check-in delay

by TripAdvisor Member Shorthand

Overall, we enjoyed the stay in this inn. Our room was clean, the beds very comfortable, and the view was outstanding. The breakfast, which consisted of cold cereal, juice, danish, coffee, various bagels and English muffins, was also very good, and I found the atmosphere to be relaxing to enjoy breakfast. However, check-in time was 3 and when we arrived at 4, we were told it would be a delay of about 10 minutes. We did not get into the room until 5--unacceptable. The front office attendant was very pleasant but overwhelmed. We went to the Newport Theatre, which we found to be delightful and also went to the Red Parrot for lunch--very good.

stay away!!!!!!!!!!!

We arrived at the Inn at Newport Beach at noon for a 3pm check in. We were told there were no rooms available. Having made the reservation 3 months earlier, I was understandably angry. They told us we could stay at their sister inn, The Hotel Viking. I complained to the manager, who insisted the Viking was a more upscale hotel, and I would be very happy. I should have known they were just trying to get rid of us. The Hotel Viking, was in fact very nice. We waited 3 hours for a room to be ready, and then were told we actually would NOT be staying at the Viking, but across the street. Across the street ended up being a small dirty building that housed a police substation and was also where they kept the hotels housekeeping supplies. I would not let my dog sleep there. It was beyond filthy, with stains on the walls and floors, the windows were broken, and the furniture was cracked. I believe the Inn at Newport Beach totally scammed us, because we were not the only ones without a room that day. A group of people came right after us, also having been told there were no rooms at the inn, despite having made reservations. I fought for my money back, but by the time the whole ordeal was over, there was not a reservation to be had in all of Newport. I filed a complaint with the RI chamber of commerce(tourism) and the local consumer bureau. Despite what happened, we still return to Newport every year, and tell everyone we meet to STAY AWAY FROM THE INN AT NEWPORT BEACH!!!!!

Good value, but not in town

by TripAdvisor Member DCKathy

This is a lovely inn, but the name might lead you to think that it's closer than it is. It's not right in downtown Newport, which might be an advantage since the town could be noisy in summer. You can walk past the beach into town, less than a mile, or drive (they have their own parking, a huge advantage). The bed is comfortable, rooms are nicely decorated and they serve a free breakfast. There are a couple of places to eat nearby, but you'll want to go into Newport for the action. The walls are a little thin: I could hear the couple next door, who seemed to be having a very good weekend! However, turning on the CD player next to my bed would have solved that concern. Overall, I liked the place, and for the price it's a great value.

Loved the Inn at Newport Beach

Our stay at the Inn at Newport Beach was wonderful. The rooms were clean, nicely decorated, the bed was very comfortable and the view from the windows was magnificent. The continental breakfast was great, from cold and hot cereal to fresh fruit, bagels and cinnamon rolls. Three kinds of gourmet coffee, hot tea and juices and all was nicely presented and plentiful. The staff was very professional and friendly. Billing was accurate and the room was ready and waiting upon our arrival. I would recommend this hotel, especially if you like staying at places just a bit unique and different from the general chain motels. I would not hesitate to revisit.

Magners & Sauvignon BlancMagners & Sauvignon Blanc

Teddy Bears or Ewoks?Teddy Bears or Ewoks?

Preservation Society PropertyPreservation Society Property