Sea View Inn

Pleasant (2.5 out of 5.0) 2 reviews

Tags

Sailing and Boating Hiking and Walking Cycling

Original Roach Motel

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 11, 2012

Do NOT stay here!! I don't understand all the other reviews - this motel doesn't even deserve one star. Aside from the 'basic looks', as one reviewer describes, the real tip off that this would not be a pleasant stay was the $25.00 deposit required 'in case of damages'. The room was stale and musty - but, it was clean. The first thing I did was check for bed bugs, and although I didn't find any, I am still taking precautions against bringing them into my house. The mattress smelled like throw-up and there were stains. My first evening (a Friday night) was uneventful. However, the second night I was next to a family that had two rooms and were very very loud. The motel staff asked them to quiet down, but it fell on deaf ears. To the staffs credit, they did move me. This was at 10:00 at night. All was fine until 2:30 in the morning when I was awoken by some visitors just arriving. They played guitar, catterwalled and pounded around like it was party time in the middle of the day. After my dreadful night, I began packing my car at 5:30 a.m.. How interesting that another couple, in a completely different spot, were packing their car, and above them was a trashy couple making sarcastic comments - obviously the couple packing the car had a night comparable to my own. It didn't take long to get the impression that this motel caters to the kind of people who should be vaporized or sent to another plantet to make each other miserable. If you want a good nights sleep, do not stay in this motel.

Unique Quality: The shower curtain billows around you for no apparent reason while taking a shower. After the shower it is interesting to find an inch of water on the floor. The continental breakfast consists of water-downed orange juice, packages of oatmeal, bananas, mealy apples, stale looking bagels and a pastry of some sort. No milk.

Comfy, great hostess

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 26, 2011

It was a cozy place, nothing fancy or elegant, don't expect that. But it did the job- I felt safe and the employees were very accommodating, especially the hostess, Nancy. She talks a mile a minute and is just the sweetest person you'll meet in Newport, she gave us advice on what to see and how to get there like our own personal tour guide.
She made our stay extra special.

Newport Travel Forum

Need advice about Newport, Rhode Island? Visit the Travel Forum for Newport and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Newport hotel reviews