1 Orms Street, Providence, Rhode Island, 02904, United States
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

More about Providence Marriott Downtown

Not typical for a Marriott

I travel a lot and for a Marriott the rooms required repairs and were clean but ran down. I stayed on the 3rd floor. The staff was very friendly and the main floor looks great, but the rooms are not worth the rate. A better deal would be Hotel Providence. I received a rate of $179 per plus $24 for parking compared to the Marriott's $249 per night for a King non-smoking room.

amazing staff

When we arrived, a power failure had just occurred and the lobby lights and the front desk computers were not working. A busload of conventioneers had just arrived before us and were waiting to check in, so we feared a long. long wait. Amazingly, with just printouts and telephone calls, the staff was able to whisk dozens and dozens of people to their rooms in a very short time. The manager brought out free lemonade and cookies, which she came all the way over to where we were waiting to offer to our kids.
The hotel has its own generator, so the elevators, air conditioning, and lights in our room were still working. The front desk, even with all they had to deal with, sent up a requested crib and fridge instantly
The room was very comfortable and very clean. There were free fresh apples in the lobby every day. There was a very pretty connecting indoor-outdoor pool which our kids loved.
We loved this place.

Booked through Hotwire

by TripAdvisor Member purparv

Every year we travel from Syracuse to the Seafood Festival in Charlestown RI. In the past we have stayed in the New London CT area and always booked a hotel through hotwire or priceline that have turned out to be Howard Johnsons and Radissons. Good enough. This time we decided to drive a different route and try Providence. No matter where you stay, you still have to drive about 40 minutes to get to Charlestown on the southern side of the state. I got on hotwire.com and was able to book a 3 1/2 star hotel for $52. Yes, that's right, $52 per night for August 4, 5 and 6, 2005 for downtown Providence. In my book that's pretty darn good, so I booked it. I can't tell you how excited I was to find out after booking it that it was this Marriott. I then went to several websites and learned that the lowest rates I could find was $189 per night ($165 AAA discount). So a savings of $137 per night was outstanding! The staff was very customer-friendly. The best thing was the heated indoor/outdoor pool and whirlpool that are open from 6:30am to 11pm. The concierge was super. He seemed to be on duty every hour that we were there from Thurs-Sun. When we asked him about driving to Little Italy for dinner, he told us where to park free (in the bank parking lot afterhours).

I'll only book this hotel form now on

by TripAdvisor Member BermudaNative

My parents come up from Florida several times a year to visit their grandkids...but our house is small with lots of steps so we've always put them up in the Westin or Courtyards in downtown.

This time around I booked them into the Marriott because of the high reviews their indoor/outdoor pool and restaurant have received...thinking the kids could visit and take advantage of the pool...and we could visit without paying for parking. Smart move on both parts!

The hotel is very clean, the staff way more friendly than the previously mentioned hotels and the Bluefin restaurant top notch! Not surprising in a city like Providence, where excellent restaurants are like Starbucks in Seattle. The food was great but the waitstaff really made the difference...such personality..just the right balance of friendly and leaving you to enjoy your meal.

The hotel had a free Martini Making class that week, my Mom and I signed up and had a lot of fun. Staff members took pictures and we downloaded them from the hotel website.

My parents enjoyed not being right down town and took a quick cab ride or the trolley (for $2) when they wanted to go to the museum and the mall. They said room service for breakast was good and always on time.

I've already booked their next two visits.

Average Marriott

by TripAdvisor Member Flaesb

This clean Marriott is like many others around the world. Location is very close to 95, although there is some street construction (10/05) in that area. Average Marriott room, spotless bath (though not paritcularly luxurious) with wonderful amenities for a city hotel. Parking is free and abundant, unlike other hotels in the city. I booked through Hotwire and paid $138 (incl tax) for a Friday night.

Decidely average

by TripAdvisor Member Greataunt

I am a regular Marriott guest and was rather disappointed with this property. It is right AT interstate 95 so be sure you request a room on the other side if you want any sleep. The rooms have been renovated but it still has the feeling of an old property. We were on a road trip and stayed about 14 hours so it wasn't too bad. Next time we're in town, we'll try one of the other downtown hotels.

Not really a Downtown Hotel - misleading location

I agree with other reviewers that this is an average Marriott property - and it might be fine EXCEPT that they advertise it as DOWNTOWN and its further than anyone would want to walk to go downtown (and I generally walk a lot..). They do have the Trolley that is easy to use in the day - but it stops at 7pm so you're stuck at the Marriott unless you have a car or want to pay for taxis (which makes it cheaper to just pay more for a real downtown hotel). I've stayed at the Raddisson which is about the same distance from downtown - but they have 24hr free shuttle).
Otherwise, the room was fine - except they put me on the same floor as a huge group of children/teens who woke me up at midnight rampaging up and down the halls and knocking on doors - then trying to open the adjoining door and banging on that. The front desk finally moved me to a quieter floor - but they agreed that the front desk should not have put anyone outside the group on my original floor....
In the morning, you can get Starbucks coffee in the shop, which was nice - but the muffins they sold were ice-cold and no micro or means of warming them... When I mentioned that they may want to leave the muffins out of the cooler in the future, I got a blank stare and a suggestion that the restaurant might have a microwave I could use....
So - if you're going on business or get a great Hotwire deal, consider it... but not if you think you'll be going Downtown.... Marriott should know better than to midlead people - even though technically it may be within the boarders.... they should call it Marri

Lovely place: great staff

My daughter and I spent 2 nights at the Marriott over the MLK holiday weekend. It is a lovely hotel. While the rooms are a bit on the small side, the beds were amongst the most comfortable I've ever slept in. There is a well-tended indoor/outdoor heated pool, and we had the unique experience of swimming in the indoor portion while we watched it snow on the outdoor portion of the pool. All the staff were kind and helpful. In all, a very nice place to stay.
And, in my opinion, the hotel is definitely located downtown, just 2 minutes to Providence Place & the train station.

Providence Marriott- what a jewel!

by TripAdvisor Member Bettiew

I just returned from visiting my daugher in Providence, Rhode Island and had the opportunity to stay at the Marriott Providence. I do not usually write testimonials, but I felt my experience at this hotel was worth sharing. From the moment I checked in until the moment I left I found the service impeccable and newly renovated rooms to be comfortable, luxurious and beautifully decorated. The staff was exceptionally friendly and attentive. At check in I was invited to evening activities in the lobby and was delighted to participate in a "Martini Madness" class where I learned the art of making a perfect martini and was given my glass and shaker to bring home. The best part- it was all FREE! Did I mention FREE parking and a brand new fitness center that is FREE and their beautiful indoor/outdoor pool? The lobby is full of artifacts and pictures of the city and the State of Rhode Island, so I felt like I learned about the local area while I was there, too. A public transit authority trolley picks up at the front door (I was told every 15 minutes) and loops around the Providence Place Mall and Convention Center area for great shopping and dining opportunities. It was very refreshing to find a "home town" atmosphere and be made to feel so welcome in a city that was unknown to me. I would reccomend the Marriott Providence to anyone.

Nice Place To Stay

Wow what a great place to stay!

From the staff to the rooms everything was GREAT could not ask for more!!

I would stay at this hotel again if in the area

Comments