801 Greenwich Ave., Warwick, Rhode Island, 02886, United States

The CasaThe Casa

Travel Tips for Warwick

Warwick... city of villages

by Pawtuxet

"2nd largest city in Rhode Island"

HAVE PATIENCE... CREATION OF THIS PAGE WILL TAKE QUITE A WHILE...

We are a city of small villages, each with its own personality. Although Warwick is a city, we don't have a downtown area the way you would think of most cities. We are a sprawling bedroom community with miles of coastline housing and more pleasure craft than any other city in the state.
The state airport is also located in Warwick, altho strangely enough, when you land there, they will say you have arrived in Providence. I guess it's because people generally only know about Providence and Newport and wouldn't know where they were if you told them they were in Warwick. Just a quirky thing.

Because of our assortment of villages, you can find lots of variety in our sprawling city. I'll point out some interesting pockets for you to examine. But give me time. You know how long it takes for a VTer to work on their own home city, right?

For all you mall lovers and shopping enthusiasts there is a very busy strip of retail and big box stores along our western edge. Starting with a couple of malls, the Rte. 2 area has blossomed into the most active retail area in the state.

Warwick is approximately 5 miiles from Providence to the south and Interstate Rte 95 cuts right through it.

My village of Pawtuxet sits in the northeast corner of the city, just about a stone's throw from the borderline to the next city which is Cranston.
Well, enough of the geography lesson... I'll try to begin building a page for my home city...and it's about time! After all these years on VT....sigh.

This water view is looking south towards the Jamestown Bridge from Oakland Beach. Jamestown is another RI town... an island... which is what you cross on your way to Newport. Lots of sailing in Narragansett Bay. Sail boats are a very common sight here.

"Clouds Hill Farm Museum"

Clouds Hill Farm is located at the southeastern corner of the city overlooking Greenwich Bay. It's a stunning house museum which is definately worth the visit.

"Of course the best part is my Pawtuxet Village :-)"

Pawtuxet Village is where I grew up and where I landed again after travelling around the country with a career Navy man. It was quite accidental that we found a house here which suited our needs with a growing family. Once back in the village I recognized its worth more than ever before.
We've sold the house where we raised the kids, moved to the house where I grew up... c.1770... and we find the village ideally located for many interests.
We are 10 min. to Providence, 1 hour to Boston, 3 hrs. to NYC, and less than an hour to Newport mansions... or Foxwood Casino (if that's your pleasure).
Stop in at my Pawtuxet page to take a closer look.

Comments