Cannonboro Inn

184 Ashley Ave., Charleston, South Carolina, 29403, United States

More about Charleston

Old City MarketOld City Market

Dinner at Anson'sDinner at Anson's

I Can See Clearly Now The Day Has DawnedI Can See Clearly Now The Day Has Dawned

looking south on east battery streetlooking south on east battery street

Beaches

by cezar33

If I am staying downtown, how far are the beaches? can I walk? or bus? any other suggestions will be very appreciated, because I haven't booked the hotel yet, so I can flexible as far as location
Thanks

by oslocairo

You will be near the water downtown and the islands with the beaches not far just north and south of downtown. There is a good bus system that will take you to the beaches from downtown. Have fun!

by cezar33

What do you think of The Palms hotel?
The Palms Hotel
1126 Ocean Blvd
Isle Of Palms, South Carolina 29451

by oslocairo

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the hotels since I have always stayed at friends'houses. Sorry. I wish I could be of morehelp. Have fun though. Cahrleston is a beautiful city with some great restaurants and architecture.

Charleston Beaches

by sarahreynold

I don't know the Palms Hotel, but seems reasonable value, there are some reviews of it on Kooloola at:

Seaside Inn is about half the price and very nice

Travel Tips for Charleston

Strolling along

by richiecdisc

Stroll down some of the prettiest streets in the United States and enjoy beautifully preserved architecture, often with a nod to modernity like on Rainbow Row, where once dilapidated slums were restored to a now affluent neighborhood. I wouldn’t normally opt for a ghost tour. It seems to reek of tourist trap and is too dependent on the dramatic abilities of the tour guide. Doreen had been more than accommodating on our trip up the coast from Florida, stopping in numerous brewpubs on my quest for the perfect pint and here was my chance to do something that she wanted to do so I coughed up the extortionate fee and hoped for the best. Since it’s one of Charleston’s main attractions, there were quite a few groups going out at the same time, which was my first sign that it would be nothing special. Our guide was all of 20 years old with a squeaky voice that irritated as well as carried no authority over things alive let alone dead, and we grew bored after 15 minutes of the 90-minute tour. We wanted to just saunter off the tour but were too embarrassed to do so and breathed a sigh of relief when it mercifully ended. Without saying, “I told you so,” I made fun of her choice of how to spend our last night in the charming city. Neither of us had been remotely scared the whole tour but now we found ourselves walking back to our hotel in the dark, talking playfully about the feeling you have when you are really frightened, when the hairs seem to stick up on your neck. Surprisingly we both were most afraid of children’s dolls when sleeping in friend’s kids’ rooms and the mere thought in the dark started to give us the spooks. We were both in sandals when we noticed at one point that we were walking through a scattering of palmetto bugs the size of clothes pins! We quickly ran with caricaturized high steps to avoid any of the creatures catching a ride on our foot ware, feeling the adrenaline that only true fear can bring on. Afterward, we laughed at how silly we must have looked and that we could have saved the money and done a fine job of scaring ourselves next time. And besides, that would leave more money for the brewpubs too.

The Union American Flag

by BruceDunning

This was the flag that was flow at Ft. Sumter and still very well preserved to this day. That is hard to imagine. Ft. Sumter and the flag were surrendered to Southerners, as the first thrust of the Civil War. It is now is the museum for display

Packing List

by Reneej

Pack what you need for the season. It doesn't usually get as cold as up north. But it can get breezy in the evenings in the summer. Depending on the season There are medical places all over if a doctor is needed or emergency. Take lots of pictures. It's one of the most photographic areas with history in the US I think. There are a few State Parks. There's something for everyone here.

Isle of Palms:

This was a...

by Easty

Isle of Palms:

This was a pleasant surprise. A beach area that is not a tourist trap. It seems this was more oriented towards people that rent condos. The beach was pleasant and clean. I saw numerous shells here.

Take U.S. 17 across the Cooper River Bridge and follow SC Route 703 to Isle of Palms. About 12 miles from downtown Charleston

Budget store

by GUYON about Ross

Ross is a well known network of stores selling unexpensive clothing for women, men and children. They can have also house holding and other things like luggages. Twice, I made a bargain buying suitcases by Ross at the third of the regular price.
The most part of the clothes are ugly but it is possible to find some good bargain for few dollars. The female customers use a cart to gather all they buy.

A tip : near the entrance, close to the cash desks, there are the great brands.

Mon-Sat 9:30am-9:30pm