166 Church St, Charleston, South Carolina, 29401, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 51% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Small_World's Profile Photo

The Absolute Best

My friend and I were having a special birthday celebration, and after many Internet searches, we decided on the French Quarter Inn. I wasn't expecting much, to be honest, because I hadn't remembered it from a prior visit to Charleston, but I couldn't have been more pleased. The hotel is large enough to meet people, but small enough to be treated with intimate kindness. The location was perfect--close enough for a walk to the Battery, shopping at King Street, and a few steps from the Market and fine dining. Beautiful interior, great service; we were treated as the princesses we are. :-)

Unique Quality: I love the champagne upon arrival, the daily wine and cheese, and the milk and cookies at night are worth being home early for. Our suite had a beautiful view of Church Street, and breakfast out on the balcony was a fab way to start the day. The Martinis and Manicures package was great!

Directions: Go down Meeting Street, turn left on Market, then right on Church Street. The hotel is on the left a block or two.

• scbelle's Profile Photo

Can't keep the secret!

Not inexpensive, but much more bang for your buck than the Charleston Place. The word that comes to mind with this hotel is excellence. Excellent facilities, excellent service, and most importantly, excellent location!

Directions: Near the Market

More about French Quarter Inn

Book the French Quarter Inn for a memorable experience

by TripAdvisor Member CarmenA

We spent a glorious long weekend in Charleston at the French Quarter Inn. This was our first trip to sunny Charleston from Upstate New York where the weather is already gray and chilly. We found the French Quarter Inn to be in the perfect location for going without a car and walking to all our points of interest, shopping and dinner. Our Jr. Suite was spacious, clean and comfortable. The hotel is new and had none of that musty smell we noticed at places like the Planter's Inn. Plus, there were so many pampering amenitites. The wine cheese and champagne gathering at 5:00 p.m. was the perfect respite before heading out to a dinning adventure. Don't be bashful to ask for a glass of champane if it isn't at the wine tasting table. Breakfast delivered to your room is a pampering experience and when they say warm bagels and croissants they didn't over promise. And, don't say no to the cookies available after dinner because they are soo good. The staff was warm and welcoming extending true southern hospitality. This is really a boutique hotel, so if you like the atmosphere of a B&B but with complete privacy and quiet this is the place to stay.

Wonderful stay at French Quarter for New Years

by TripAdvisor Member pantherfan1

My husband and I visited Charleston for New Years Eve. We had an absolutely wonderful stay at the French Quarter Inn. The champagne at check-in, wine and cheese reception every evening, and milk and cookies every night were great extra touches. Each time we entered the lobby, we were greeted by name by the very accommodating staff. The pillow menu was a nice touch as well. We had breakfast delivered to our room every day. The location couldn't be better, within short walking distance of shopping and dining. We will definitely stay at the French Quarter Inn again!

Wonderful Hotel!!!

We had a wonderful stay at the French Quarter Inn. The service was excellent! Very friendly and helpful The rooms were very nice and large as were the bathrooms. The evening wine and cheese as well as the other amenities made the a first rate hotel!

I absolutely love this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member bostonbound

I read all of the reviews so I had high expectations of this hotel. However, I had no idea how much I would love The French Quarter Inn. True, it's not a historic B & B. But what it lacks in history, it more than makes up for in understated elegance. The lobby and circular stairway are beautiful. Our room was very large, nicely appointed and quiet. I don't think I've ever slept on a more comfortable hotel bed and I loved the pillow menu. The breakfast was a bit pedestrian but the all-day coffee, tea and lemonade coupled with the cheese & wine at 5pm and the cookies & milk at 9pm was a really nice touch. The staff was pleasant and attentive to our needs. The location is great--right in the heart of the historic district. Overall, our stay at the French Quarter Inn was excellent and nicely complimented our trip to Charleston. We'd definitely stay here again!!

The Best in Town

My husband and I have been married 4 years, have been to Charleston 3 times and have stayed at the French Quarter Inn twice. I can't say enough good things about it. Totally comfortable, yet elegant with a very professional, friendly staff. The wine and cheese is nice to look forward to after a long day of touring/shopping in the city and the location can't be beat! We're planning another trip to Charleston early this summer and, of course, we will stay here again. And again.... It's our favorite city made all the more pleasurable by this hotel. Try it. You'll love it.

We're in love with the French Quarter!

by TripAdvisor Member crevrac2

From the moment we arrived until the minute we left, our stay at this lovely establishment could not have been better. We were there for 3 nights beginning 8/20/04 to celebrate our 42nd anniversary. We were in room 311 which is a Junior Suite overlooking the market area. Not especially a pretty view but interesting to say the least! We were able to see the harbor and the new bridge as well. The staff was always extremely pleasant and helpful and when I say the staff I mean everyone - not only the front desk staff but the bellboys, the housekeeping staff, the valet parking, etc. The amenities were great! It was so nice to be able to have coffee, tea, ice tea or lemonade anytime during your stay. The continental breakfast was very nice as well as the cheese and wine reception every evening not to mention the ladyfingers and champayne served at checkin! And then...the warm cookies and milk at night - what more could a person ask? We left on Monday having had a totally positive experience at this hotel and we will absolutely stay here next time we visit Charleston. Thank you French Quarter!

fabulous

by TripAdvisor Member lillious

We love this hotel! We are actually writing this review from our room. There is a desktop computer in the first part of our room, separate from the sleeping area. The room is gorgeous, great staff, perfect location. We even have breakfast delivered to our room-free! I would definitely stay here again and again. So quiet and with a beautiful view from the balcony. You will be very happy here!

by ddschur

The French Quarter Inn....good choice?

Re: We are coming to Charleston for the first time in October and we decided to book a room at....

by DogPerson

While I have never stayed at the French Quarter Inn, I have wandered into the lobby. It's lovely and is an excellent location. From the reviews I have read you can't go wrong with it. Their restaurant, Tristan, is considered to be one of the best, if not the best, in Charleston. Rated very highly.

Comments