Vendue Inn

The Vendue
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 91% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• sorcieus's Profile Photo

Unique & cozy hotel in the heart of Charleston.

The hotel was strategically located in the heart of historic Charleston. Walking distance to everything and it gives you priority access to the roof top restaurant & bar next door. The only place where you get to see Charleston city sky with no obstruction. The room itself was very cozy. Hotel offers reading room, free cookies and milk at night and cheese and champagne between 4pm - 5pm. Breakfast was delicious!

• doug48's Profile Photo

luxury in central charleston

Unique Quality: the vendue inn is one of the best hotels in charleston. located in the french quarter it has an excellent location. most of the attractions of charleston are with in walking distance of the vendue inn. the vendue is expensive but if you are looking for a "charleston experience" i would highly recommend this property.

Directions: french quarter

More about Vendue Inn

A very enjoyable stay at the Vendue Inn

My husband and I spent two nights at the Vendue Inn, along with another couple, in March 2004. Our rooms were very comfortable, and the staff were very cheerful and helpful. When we travel to Charleston again, we will definitely stay at the Vendue Inn (particularly since they are dog friendly).

3 Great Rooftop Bars

by hslowe about Library at Vendue, The Terrace, Market Pavilion

The Library at the Vendue Inn has a great rooftop bar where you can overlook the harbor. It is so relaxing to go there around sunset! 23 Vendue Range, 723-0485, for more info visit

A much bigger rooftop bar is the Terrace at Marion Square, an open-air restaurant built atop Millennium Music at the corner of King and Calhoun streets and with a view of the newly-renovated Marion Square. It's always a happening place and a lot of fun, but unlike the Rooftop at Vendue, you can't see the water.

Finally, the new and extremely swank Market Pavilion Hotel has the Pavilion Bar and Cafe--another fantastic view. 225 East Bay Street

Charming and Gracious

We spent a long weekend at the Vendue Inn in April, 2004. The staff was courteous and helpful. The room was lovely. We stayed in the main hotel, which I would recommend over the Inn at 24. We enjoyed the breakfast each morning and the wine and cheese in the afternoon. The Rooftop Bar is a great way to spend an hour or two before the sun sets, although I am told that the view was more enjoyable before the waterfront condos popped up. The location is tough to beat, as well. There are plenty of restaurants within a few blocks and most sightseeing activities are within walking distance. All in all, a most enjoyable experience.

Lovely Hotel in my Backyard

I've had the pleasure of staying in this fine hotel four times. Most recently, my husband and I took our daughters there at the start of their Christmas break. We stayed in a HUGE junior suite that included two queen beds and a gas fireplace. The bathroom was also large with beautiful marble, a separate shower and a whirlpool tub. Normally, a fireplace in a hotel room in Charleston isn't necessary, but it was a treasure in December. Our checkin was flawless. The service was impeccable from each staff member we encountered. We enjoyed being "tourists in our own town." The Vendue is in the hub of our historic city. While staying there, you are a short walk from some of the best restaurants and nightlife that Charleston has to offer. Our favorite ammenity of this fine hotel has to be the FULL southern breakfast each morning. We Charlestonians like to eat and the Vendue staff knows how to accommodate us! Take it from a local, stay at The Vendue Inn and see how gracious a city Charleston really is.

Absolutely lovely!!!

by TripAdvisor Member cyberoptician

We just got back from a Sunday thru Thursday stay at the VENDUE. It was our first time visiting the area. We are already planning on returning, and staying at the VENDUE, of course. Our room was a Jr. suite in the main building. (corner room 202). This is the ideal location. because you have front street view of the town and the side view is of the waterfront.) The room was beautiful and our service in every way, was exceptional! I cannot speak too highly of the Rooftop Resturant though. It should be called The Rooftop Bar and Grill. The menu for food was very limiting unless you like sandwiches, (but are very good). I am sure it would be much nicer if the weather was warmer and the entire area was open, not with the plastic sidewall pulled down. I think it is a wonderful place to stay and a great location

romantic getaway

The inn was beautifully appointed and classic. The rooms were elegant and spacious. The restaurant was splendid! We plan on returning soon.
Definately, the most romantic of the French Quarter.

Love the Vendue!!!

I have a hard time believing the few bad reviews. Our stay (just over a week) at the vendue was amazing! We met both Mr. and Mrs. Edmison and found them both to be delightful. We even went to Mr. Edmison's other restaurant and had amazing service there. These do not strike me as people who would allow their employees to mistreat guests. The front desk staff is a little harried, but in no way were they rude or inattentive. The rooms are expensive, but you do get what you pay for, and the location is priceless. I would advise anyone traveling to Charleston to stay here.

Wonderful Stay.

by TripAdvisor Member jellico65

My wife and I stayed at the Vendue August 1-3, 2004. We found the Inn to be very gracious and the guests quite sociable. The staff was courteous, efficient, and knowledgeable. The rooms were spacious and well-appointed; the beds most comfortable. The breakfast was delicious. The meal was buffet style with eggs, sausage, bacon, grits, blueberry pancakes, hot waffles, fresh fruit, cold cereals, buscuits and muffins. Not one thing was less than very tasty. The Inn is close to all the historic area attractions, and they make the menues from all of the notable restaurants easily accessable to their guests. The wine and cheese provided in the late afternoon gave time to relax and visit with fellow guests. Ice cold pitchers of lemonade, and sweet tea were kept filled and constantly on the sideboard for thirsty guests. We really enjoyed ourselves. We will return again.

Internet cafe

by jurisfiction

Anyone know if there are internet cafes, or something similar, in the historic district? I'm trying to decide whether or not to bring my laptop.

by Agraichen

If your "phone" isn't internet "savy" and you want/need a connection, bring the laptop. If there are no "cafe's" per se, find a local Starbucks or...just "surf." When I visit my daughter in LA I find 4-5 networks to log into besides hers (which is secure).

by DogPerson

It seems there is a cheese and wine shop on Meeting St.? that has free Internet access. I don't beleive they have computers, you have to take your own. Most hotels have some type of Internet access. Vendue Inn will allow guests to use the Concierge computer.

by krutoi

There is a Google Maps list of Charleston hotspots here ---> http://bit.ly/chswifi

This is an open collaboration with no commercial links to it - please contribute to the list if you see something missing :-)

Comments