79 W. 2nd St., Folly Beach, South Carolina, 29439, United States
Expedia.com Tingo.com Travelocity

More about Water's Edge Inn

The Perfect Place!

by TripAdvisor Member LilysMom1

My husband and I recently returned from 3 nights at the Water's Edge. I can't say just how perfect our stay was. Everything from the cocktail that we were handed upon arrival, to the relaxing bathtub, to the afternoon happy hour, to the yummy breakfasts, to the comfy beds, to the great views, to the complimentary bikes, to the unbelievably kind and helpful staff-it was just perfect. The location is great...just a quick walk to the beach and about a 15 minute drive into Charleston. It was so wondeful! We HIGHLY recommend a stop to this beautiful B&B! I am glad I stumbled upon this place when I was doing a web search for a place to stay in the Charleston area.

Great B&B on Folly Island

by TripAdvisor Member craigh2

We really enjoyed our stay at Water's Edge Inn this May. The room was beautiful (we stayed in the Charleston) and all of the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good and the snacks in the evening looked good even though we didn't help ourselves to any. The hot tub that overlooked the marsh was also a very nice touch. We also enjoyed the complimentary bikes for the short ride to the beach. The inn looked very nice at night with tasteful lighting that was warm and inviting.

Our only complaint is that the refrigerator wasn't really a refrigerator...it was one of those small 12V units that you could use in a car to warm or cool stuff, but didn't get very cold. I would think that they'll upgrade sometime in the future given how modern the rest of the room was.

Overall, we were extremely pleased with our stay and we look forward to the next time we can visit the inn on Folly Island.

Unbelievable Stay at the Water's Edge Inn!

by TripAdvisor Member TravelingPlanner

My husband and I recently spent three nights at the Water's Edge Inn and the experience was wonderful. Just two short blocks from the beach and the center of Folly, you can walk everywhere!

We loved the Southern hospitality (Sandy is the best) and the Caribbean Room that we stayed in was beautiful. The bedroom and the bathroom are huge and the private patio with table, two chairs and chaise is something you won't find anywhere else! The only thing missing was an iron and ironing board but that was quickly brought to us once we asked!

We loved the continental breakfast and evening reception each day and the ability to come and go as we wanted. LOVED not having to pay for parking and the short distance to downtown Charleston.

Had my husband and I realized how close Downtown Charleston was (before we arrived) we would have cancelled our reservation at the Charleston Place for our last two nights in the city!

We loved the Water's Edge Inn so much that we booked our stay for next year before we left!

An absolute gem!

by TripAdvisor Member Loverswilltravel

We have nothing but praise for the Water's Edge. A beautiful property on the marshes of Folly Beach... great views, privacy, fabulous service, well-appointed rooms. It's everything you hope for in a small property. The little extras - complimentary car wash, shuttle service to the beach and local restaurants, complimentary bike rentals-- all thoughtful details. We brought some friends with us who also loved it. We are already planning our next trip to stay with them and can't wait to return! The staff went well above and beyond the standard for excellent service.

A Little Gem

by TripAdvisor Member GrandSI

We came from Savannah for an engagement party at a friend's home on the beach and did not want to stay in the big Holiday Inn. The Inn is lovely, the very staff friendly and accomodating, great food, beautifully appointed room with all the amenities of a 4 star hotel. We would highly recommend it and will return!

The best place ever!

by TripAdvisor Member misstat2

This place has it all! My husband and I stayed for our honeymoon after getting married on Folly Beach. We were greeted with a complimentary cocktail, offered golf cart rides to the beach, and not bothered by housekeeping. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful! The price is not much more than the only other hotel on the beach. (which our relatives stayed at) We couldn't have asked for a more perfect honeymoon! We loved it so much we even stayed an extra night!

The freedom of your own Villa

by TripAdvisor Member Jimmish

Wow, this is a great base for any beach vacation. We stayed in the Plantation Villa and it was excellant. 2 storey accomodation, with all the facilities you could imagine. The kids loved the Whirlpool tub!.

These villas are at the higher end of the market, but well worth it for the space and freedom you dont get with a one room hotel. There were 3 bedrooms, 2 king and one with twin beds, each had its own bathroom.

The beach was a 5 minute walk away (very clean and kid safe), but a courtesey shuttle and bikes were provided, free of charge. A great addition. As were the DVR, internet connection, cable TV, Dishwasher, Washing machine and Dryer.

The villa had its own garage also.

We booked this on the hotels own website and the room was ready on our arrival.

Dont forget the cocktail hour, they sure do pack a punch!!!!!!

The staff were friendly and most accomodating, another great asset to the Water's Edge Inn.

Fabulous bed and breakfast!

by TripAdvisor Member bkpalmer

My husband and I stayed at The Water's Edge for our 11th wedding anniversary and we loved it. The staff was very warm and welcoming and very helpful with transportation(to and from the beach as well as downtown Folly) and dinner reservations in Charleston. The room was very tastefully decorated and the bed the most comfortable I have ever slept in! Breakfast was light but very tasty (loved the mushroom quiche) and the complimentary "happy hour" every day was just icing on the cake. We had a wonderful weekend and would definitely recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone looking for a quite, relaxing and uncomplicated getaway!

Great place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member gocubuffs

Great place to stay! Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Appetizers and cocktails very nice addition. Rooms very quaint and bathrooms nice!

Highly recommend!

by TripAdvisor Member bludnicas

I would highly recommend staying at this beautiful Inn. Very cute, contemporary rooms. Very friendly ppl working at the Inn. Would go back again!

Comments