Captains Walk Villas

21 Ocean Lane, South Carolina, 29928, United States

More about Hilton Head Island

View of the greenery area close to hereView of the greenery area close to here

Charles Fraser bustCharles Fraser bust

Farm areaFarm area

view from balconyview from balcony

Hilton Head Marriot

by lemonpie

Has anyone stayed at the Mariott Beach and Golf Resort in Hilton Head? Any comments?

Re: Hilton Head Marriot

by arasnosliw

I've stayed at lots of Marriott Resorts and have always been impressed, this one is great. Sorry, not much to say about it except beautiful! Enjoy your stay!

Re: Hilton Head Marriot

by MandaJ320

I have stayed at the resort right next to the Marriott(Adventure Inn) for many years in a row... and I can tell you I've seen that it's very clean and nice. The Marriott has pools, hot tubs, and the beach isn't too crowded because they're on the end of the line of resorts. (There are only houses past the resort.) I think there may be more than one Marriott on Hilton Head... I am referring to the one on Forest Beach Drive. There may be another one located at Sea Pines.

Travel Tips for Hilton Head Island

Ocean Course @ Sea Pines

by TRimer

Among the oldest golf courses in the Hilton Head area, the Ocean course at Sea Pines underwent a complete renovation by PGA Pro-Architect Mark Mccumber in 1996. This is an 18-hole, par 72 course. The Ocean Course features a stunning combination of lagoons, bunkers and contouring that creates a beautiful, yet challenging, round of golf. The par-3 15th runs directly out to the shores of the Atlantic Ocean, one of only a couple holes on Hilton Head Island to offer a true glimpse of the ocean. This course is a "Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary," only the fourth in South Carolina & 187th in the world to achieve this designation. 18-holes: $100
9-holes: $60
Open all year.

we really like the HILTON HEAD...

by bhodgson

we really like the HILTON HEAD MICRO BREW-good food and great beer!
Next used to be the WILD WING CAFE-not now- the service was terrible, the food was cold and the result was food poisoning so it has now gone to the bottom of the list.
We liked the GREAT PLAINS CATTLE CO-good steak and great service.
Fot ethnic food we always enjoy Kyoto Japanese Steak House.
We went to Tony Romas for the first time on Hilton Head. some of our group went there this time and said it was good.
There is a new place called DO-Si- Does which was suggested by the locals-there are two locations-one right near the Sea Pines Circle-food was good and the service very good.
They also suggested Alexanders but we did not have time to go there.
AUNT CHILADAS is always good for Mexican food and Crabby Nicks is a family type seafood restaurant. the Hilton Head Diner is okay and is also open 24 hours a day
the Huge Seafood restaurant was doing some renovations when we were there so we didnot get a chance to go there.
Hofbauhaus has a very good reputation for their German food.
OReillys is more like a pub and they have specials most nights and their prices are reasonable.
All of these restaurants are not on plantations.
On Shipyard Plantation-The Crowne Plaza serves a great buffet breakfast and has a good reputation for other meals and the scenery is very pretty while you are eating.
On the local access TV there is a show every night whic offers coupons for reduced rates at the area restaurants. For example, they may have $10.00 off of a meal for 2 people. Our timing was bad but I intend to use it next time. There is also a website where you can get the information and they send the coupons to you so you could have them before you get there if you know where you want to eat.

Golfers' Paradise

by HotRodEtte

I was there 12 years ago so I don't remember a whole lot...however the main reason most people come to Hilton Head are for the golf courses. I was 21 and on a family vacation when I was there, so my trip to HH mostly consisted of hanging out at the beach or the pool and goofing off with my sister and the guys we met while there!

Comments