Days Inn Hilton Head Island

Poor Value

Costs More than similar hotels

See Best VT Value Hotels

Not recommended

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 31, 2012

We have stayed in numerous hotels in our travels, but I have to say this was probably the worst. We stayed there on Friday, July 20th. Our room was on the third floor and the first thing that greeted us when we entered the hallway was a horrible stench! It was hard to determine what it was, but we immediately thought that it might be the sewer. Upon entering our room, we found it to be clean (rather small, though) and we thought that perhaps we could overlook the smell in the hallway. On our way out to dinner, we stopped by the front desk and asked the clerk about the odor and he tried to convince us that he was unaware of the odor and that no one else had complained. He went into another office and conferred with someone and came back and told us it was the old carpet in the hallway that needed replacing. Our eight year old grandson was traveling with us and at bedtime wanted to finish watching a television show so my husband and I laid down to go to sleep. It wasn't long before he awakened me and told me there was a bug on the nightstand. I jumped up to kill it, but unfortunately it got away. Nervously, I laid back down, only to hear him say, "Mimi, there's a big bug on the wall!" I jumped up again and saw a HUGE palmetto bug (aka as a ROACH!) crawling across the wall near the ceiling. I jumped on a chair and tried to kill it with a newspaper. By then, my husband was awake and took the newspaper from me. Not only did he kill that one, but a second huge one, as well. To make a long, miserable story short, we ended up killing four, which didn't include the one on the nightstand that got away! We called the front desk and the night clerk told us she was sorry, but we had to understand they were indigenous to the area. At first she said she didn't have any other rooms, but then found a suite on the first floor that we could move into. By then it was 1 A M!! As we were moving, we realized the horrible stench in the hallway was from bug spray!! On a positive note, the suite we moved into was very clean and had no odor at all.

Smells like dead rodents!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 25, 2011

We stayed from July 22nd-July 25th. We usually do not send feedback, but we feel it is necessary for you to know the condition of this hotel. When you enter the lobby, you are welcomed by fans and barely any air conditioning along with a desk you cannot pass without be grabbed by nagging salesmen trying to recruit guest to visit Timeshare properties. It got to the point we just put out head down and rushed out.

We stayed on the third floor of this hotel. The first thing that we noticed was when we opened the door to the hallway leading to our room, there was a HORRIBLE stench of dead rodents. Usually we can deal with an random hotel smell, but this was such a potent smell that it made me sick to my stomach. Another guest walked past us with a new can of Lysol that she found necessary to make her room tolerable. We complained to the desk attendant who denied that anyone has ever complained, which was a lie since we looked up online an saw MANY other similar comments. Check Tripadvisor.com. We also spoke to the manager and he said that there has never been a complaint on the smell and never had a rodent problem. I found that strange since as soon as you walk out the front door you see a big rodent box.
As for the room, it was ok. Thank goodness we did bring our room freshener from home! I went to use the bathroom and when I lifted the top I saw several pubic hairs on the seat. Obviosly it had not been cleaned. Nasty!!!
There were peanuts on the floor next to one of the beds and when we opened one of the drawers, we found a supply of dirty underwear.
I do have pictures of all of the things I spoke of, if you would like to see them please contact me and I can forward them.
We have learned a lesson from this experience, ALWAYS check the reviews!! This hotel had horrible reviews dating back to 2007!! Something really needs to be done to bring this hotel to the standard.

Nearby Days Inn Hilton Head Island

Days Inn Hilton Head Island

• Days Inn Hilton Head Sc
  • Hilton Head Days Inn
  • Days Inn Hilton Head Hotel Hilton Head

Address: 9 Marina Side Drive - Hwy 278, (formerly Fairfield Inn), , South Carolina, 29928, United States

Amenities at Days Inn Hilton Head Island

• Suites
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Hilton Head Island Travel Forum

Need advice about Hilton Head Island, South Carolina? Visit the Travel Forum for Hilton Head Island and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Hilton Head Island hotel reviews

Hilton Head Nightlife and Happy Hour
Hilton Head Island themed gifts ONLINE
Hilton Head Nightlife Website
Nightlife
Play miniature golf with the kids
Things to Do
With little kids, Just Head to the Beach!
Good Restaurant for the family
Restaurants
2008---2009 night life update!!
Nightlife
Welcome Center and Museum of Hilton Head Is.
Day Trip to Savannah GA
Day Trip to Beaufort, SC
Things to Do
The early Dinner specials are a great value!
Blue crabs near Hilton Head
GREAT BAR! GO HERE! PARTY STARTS AT 10PM
Dolphin watching
Things to Do
Ride bicycles on the beach
Sea Pines Plantation Harbortown
Lighthouse-Harbortown
Real Estate to See
Swamp
Things to Do
The Electric Piano RULES!!!!!
Go to the Beach