23 Ocean Lane, South Carolina, 29928, United States
Travelocity Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Costs 90% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Hilton Oceanfront Resort Hilton Head Island

Lovely hotel

I stayed at the Hilton Oceanfront Resort on November 2-5,2004. It is located in the beautiful Palmetto Dune with nice landscape and bike path. Room is very clean and large, equivalent to my master suite at home. The hotel pool and garden are very nice and transquil. Ocean front location so the beach access is just a few steps away. Your stay will not be a disappointment here. All the praise you read is true.

pleasantly surprised

by TripAdvisor Member happytobeonvacation

We just returned from a 6 day stay at the Hilton Oceanfront Resort in Hilton Head island and we had a very good time. We, too, were a bit apprehensive b/c some previous reviews on this website had been less than complimentary but we found the hotel to be perfect for our needs. The hotel staff was very friendly and our room was clean and nicely appointed. As other reviewers have mentioned, the rooms are very large w/ a small kitchenette and a nice size balcony (that was very private) . We opted to have a king w/ a pull out sofa bed for our 2 small children. Our room was cleaned everymorning before noon like clockwork. We ate breakfast everyday in the cafe (which was very nice), lunch in the hotel room (w/ our own groceries) and then had dinner out on the island. We rented bikes for a week from an outside bike rental shop which saved some $$ and brought our own beach chairs and boogie boards. I also thought that we would put our kids in the kids camp but they had so much fun on the beach and in the pool w/ other kids that we never did! I also liked the location of the hotel - it was very close to shelter cove which has shopping and restaurants and palmetto dunes is such a nice area. For a family w/ small children I thought that this hotel was a great find and we are planning on returning next year.

A week spent in Luxury!

My husband and our two young boys just spent a wonderful week at the Hilton. The entire trip was just magical. The front desk automatically upgraded us to a first floor room overlooking the courtyard. We didn't ask for the upgrade, but was very happy for it. The wide balcony was perfect for sitting and taking in the beautiful views of the lush foliage and the lagoon. Had we had a view of the parking lot, which many rooms did, I wouldn't have been nearly as impressed. Our room was spotless, huge (for a studio suite) Very nice kitchenette with granite countertops, all new fixtures, the room decor was the best I'd seen in any Hotel, and we've stayed at many nice ones. The sheets were a high thread count, the bed was extremely comfortable with a down comforter, more pillows than we knew what to do with. The T.V. was discreetly stored inside a very impressive Armoir. We chose to have the King bed with a pull out sofa, We felt like we had more space than we needed, and that is saying a lot with a 6 and 2 year old. I loved the many sundecks with various views of the gardens, lagoons, and the ocean. The beach was beautiful. we brought our own umbrella and chairs, after reading that they are expensive to rent. The 3 pools were great, a baby one, a family one with half of it being 3 feet (perfect for small children) and an adult one, tucked away from the commotion of the kid pools. The two hot tubs were always clean, perfect temperature. we enrolled our son in the kid's camp for a day. He had a blast with all the supervised activities, and it freed us up a bit. For $45 dollars for 7 hours, we thought it was quite reasonable. the only two minor gripes I might have were the overpriced bike rentals (They were much cheaper half a mile away at the Fish Creek rentals) and the expensive breakfast. The $27 dollar pancakes delivered to our room were pathetic. Other than that, we didn't try their restaurants as I'd heard negative things about them, so I cannot give an opinion. This Hotel greatly exceeded our expectations, in almost every way. Especially for an average cost of $127 a night. We have found our spot.

Fantastic Long weekend at the Hilton

by TripAdvisor Member drivinthebus

I just paid $108 plus taxes per night to spend 3 nights at the Hilton Oceanside Resort. Anyone paying under $200 a night is making out like a bandit. Rooms are huge with kitchenettes (and newly renovated), they have two large pools (one is adults only), the beach is fantastic, the beach bar was great, the grounds are beautiful, free newspaper every morning, plenty of rocking chairs for reading and relaxing, and a friendly staff. I will definitely be going back. I only ran into a couple of very minor problems. My room safe didn't seem to work and there were a couple of light bulbs burned out. I will admit that I'm a very low maintenance person and don't pitch a fit if there isn't an extra towel in my room within 5 minutes of calling the front desk so I can't really relate to some of the negatives comments on this site. All I can say is that the Hilton was a great place to spend my long weekend and I will return.

This is an wonderful hotel

We have stayed at this hotel over the past few years and have NEVER been disappointed. THe rooms are large and the small kitchenette is nice addition. The location is wonderful! The service was outstanding! We went back this past August --for a wedding at the Shorehouse(which ws LOVELY--probably one of the nicest places to have an outdoor wedding on the island) and to our delight the renovations were gorgeous. The rooms really have a wonderful new look and the lobby also looks excellent!

Highly recommend this hotel and we have been going to Hilton Head for over 20 years!

Very nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member casprelli

We had a lovely time at the Hilton. Loved the huge rooms and the kitchenette. Staff was polite and helpful. Pools were pretty. Hotel location on Island couldn't be beat. Rooms cleaned by noon every day. Great layout. Never a long walk to elevators, lobby pool etc. Ate at the deli for pizza (decent food, adverage prices). Nice to have quick service food available on property. The only thing I didn't love were the grounds. Lagoon water was a wierd green color. I have also stayed at the Westin on Hilton Head Island and would have to rank this just slightly below the Westin but wonderful none the less. Also the price couldn't be beat.

Upholds The Hilton Name

My wife and I stayed at the Oceanfron Hilton on Hilton Head the weekend of Hurricane Frances. This hotel is everything you would expect from a resort hotel. The staff was very courteous & professional, the grounds were beautiful and the on-site restaurants were outstanding (if a little pricey). Our room was spacious and had everything we could have asked for. The staff even gave my wife the name of the seamstress who made the bed linens so she could ask about having some made. We will definitely stay here again.

Everything nice except for the check-in experience...

by TripAdvisor Member Desirees

Just got back from a stay at Hilton Head, here are some observations about the resort.

Bellhop services amazing, even though they were very busy, each one was polite and smiling, ever-ready with advice on where to go and with directions. When we checked in, as well as when we were leaving, service was prompt and efficient.

Checking-in went very bad. After receiving the incredible service by the bellhops, we went into the lobby enveloped in a warm haze, and stood in line for about 3 mins and then were asked to come up to the desk. The employee did not smile, did not look up, and simply asked for our name. I gave her mine and she started typing stuff (checking us in) and asked for a credit card. As I was taking it out I asked her if an oceanfront room was available. She said "You paid for a standard room and that is what you will get". I will not be able to explain exactly the tone but it was very very condescending...I asked her if we could get an upgrade and how much would it be, she said $80 per night. While she was doing all the stuff needed to check us in, no eye contact was made at any time, no smile, basically nothing to make us feel welcome. Completely taken aback by the behavior ( I had read about treatment like this meted out to HW and PL customers but had never experienced this) I then asked again if , after we went to the room and decided we would like to upgrade do we need to call down? She again stressed it would be $80 per night, making sure we knew that it would be more.
Once we reached the room we were pleased with the layout. It is really nice, the king bed was very comfortable, they brought in a crib within 5 mins and housekeeping showed up in 10 mins to make the bed on the sofa for my son. The kitchenette consisted of a microwave, coffeemaker and there was a toaster in one of the cupboards. There were 4 glasses, 4 cups, plates and flatware for 4. For some reason, I had assumed there would be a stove as well, but it was no big deal, the kitchenette really served my purpose. The countertops were granite, was very nice. There were kitchen towels as well as dishwashing detergent. The bathroom was really nice, had a lot of towels, and had Neutrogena toiletries.

Friday morning, when I woke up and realized I was still smarting from the behavior received from the front desk employee, I called the Hilton Perfect Stay hotline. Not sure how they would take my comment, however was very pleasantly surprised when the executive manager interrupted me just as I finished mentioning the line "you paid for a standard room,etc" with a "that is terrible, I am so sorry you had to hear that". I pointed out that not only did I hear that but a lot of other guests standing around also heard it. She offered to move us to an oceanfront room immediately, however I had already decided that I did not want to move since my main point of complaining was not to move to a better one but to make sure the employee did not behave like this to future HW or PL guests...The executive manager apologized profusely on her behalf and assured me this wont happen in the future. We came back in the evening to a very elaborate fruit basket left in our room and a note from the front desk manager apologizing again for the behavior of one of our employees. I feel this was very well handled. I did, however tell the executive manager about the wonderful service provided by the bell hop and housekeeping...housekeepers were very cheerful, friendly and prompt about cleaning.

Housekeeping was good most of the time. The first day was very good, everything done right, second day they forgot to replace the bag in the ice chest and refill the coffee and the creamers; we had to call and ask for it. They did call in an hr wanting to know if everything got to us ok.

Did not go to any of the restaurants at the resort so cannot say anything. Very pretty layout, really beautiful. Parking got tight during Fri night and sat night; in fact Sat night we used the valet service since parking was full. Valet is complimentary, $6 per day is charged for parking.

Concierge was very helpful supplying us with maps and literature or anything we wanted to know. There is a business center with internet access which was free even though it said there would be charges.

This is a good place to stay with kids, and the room is nice. Management handled my complaint very well and I will stay here again.

Great Weekend At The Hilton

My wife and I just returned from a 4 day weekend trip ( November 11-14 ). I really can't think of anything negative to say about our experience at the Hilton. For the money, our Oceanview room was very nice and clean. The grounds seemed to be well maintained and were very pleasant. We purchased the "Bounce Back Plan" with our room, which for $10 per day includes breakfast for 2. I highly recommend this add-on as the breakfast was very good and the service was excellent. Even though the weather was gray and drizzly, we had a great time.

This is Perfect

We spent the New Year's Eve and New Years day at the hotel. What a location! The outside of the hotel is deceptively shabby, but the rooms are gorgeous. The granite, the microwave, and the refrigerator are very welcome. We had a room overlooking the ocean on the fifth floor. The open balcony was the perfect place to hang out after the kids went to bed. We ushered in the new year with a couple of drinks on the balcony listening to the waves rolling in and remembering how the same waters had struck so much devastation a few thousand miles away. The service was impeccable from check-in to room service. The grounds were pleasant to walk in with water scapes and gardens. A lot of the amenities were closed for the season. Cannot imagine the summer scene here - we will have to go back to find out. Food was pricey but convinience overrode the prices. The food was not much to rave about - though we did not eat at the fancy restaurant. The walkway to the beach was convinient. Have to say this - we have finally found our yearly vacation spot!!

It really is vanishingIt really is vanishing

Osprey wing landing on nestOsprey wing landing on nest

Conquistador horse?Conquistador horse?