Park Lane Hotel And Suites

Park Lane Hotel and Suites
Hotels.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

Satisfaction Average

• Great for families..

We had an amazing time at the suites. We traveled with a company called Vacation Play and they did what they said they were going to do. The rooms were nice and spacious, wel the bathroom was a lil on the small side but the room was amazing.we had 2 queens and a pull out sofa bed. The beds were soft beds, we had fluffy pillows, and we had a fully furnished kitchen.. perfect for weekly visits. The hotel is under new management and the staff is friendly and very helpful. My family will definatley be coming back to the suites..

Unique Quality: Awesome staff, clean rooms, clean pool..

Directions: Behind nick steak and seafood, across from palmetto dunes

• What A DUMP!!! Staff Is Useless!!!!

If you’re into the promise of amities but the in ability to follow thru this is your place... Upon first glance this appears to be a good bang for your buck. After the first night the only thing banging will be your head from all the noise.. And God forbid, if you call to complain they will find a way to add charges to your bill... Shoppers Beware!!!! I will be posting pictures of some of the "fine Amenities" but keep in mind the Extremely loud "Water Hammer" noise in the bathroom. The Refrigerator that sounded like it was going to lift off in to space. And last but definitely not least the smell from the garbage disposal and the water heater in a closet right in the room unit was so bad I personally went and got a cleaner for the unit at the local Wal-Mart... Spoke to "Mary" at front desk and besides informing me she was an "ex smoker"??? was told there was nothing the hotel could do during our stay!!!! And we found and additional 100 billed to our credit card for smoking in the room!!! Well being that me and my wife are both nonsmokers this is extremely ludicrous and being that the hotel allows the hotel patrons to smoke in all common areas (pool, even their own balcony.. WHERE IF YOU LEAVE YOUR BALCONY DOOR OPEN THE PERSON BELOW YOU IS PUFFING AWAY ON A CIGAR THE SMOKE MAY TRAVEL IN YOUR ROOM.... But Again its strongly believed this bill was a form of retaliation in regards to the many complaints about the room!!! Funny thing is we liked the fact this was a "SMOKE FREE" Hotel.. They just failed to tell us the smoke free is limited to only the interior of the building but if you like you can smoke on your balcony and make everyone else enjoy your wonderful smell. So beyond that the paint peeling from the ceiling. The kitchen Sink with the handle that if you lift up comes right off the sink. The toilet paper holder that is on upside down and with one screw that thinks it’s a see-saw. The Water heater built for one shower!!!!! The pipes sticking out of the wall in the shower. The Fun way how when you pull the knob to turn the water on in the shower the tub spout jumps off the wall like it wants to bite you… The exposed wiring in the cabinets.(Major Code Violation by the way, Requires Conduit) The Jacuzzi that apparently never works. And just the staffs overall inablity to be helpful in any sense of the word... Literally, all I got out of Mary the "Ex-Smoker", lol, was I should smoke on the balcony with the door closed??? I DONT SMOKE!!! lmao.. Maybe someone should have told us to make sure our balcony door was closed (even though we were on the third floor) because if someone outside smoked "in the SMOKE-FREE" (lmao) hotel and it went in our room we would be billed for it!!!! So with this said, this has to be the worst hotel me and my wife have ever had the displeasure of being invited to!!!! Oh, my wife just reminded me.. When we smelled the odor in the room and checked the garbage disposal unit we turned it on we discovered whom ever stayed in the room prior to us must of had a baby cause there was plastic bottle flying out of it…. Honest one would think a hotel would check these prior to allowing a guest to check in.. And this I had to save for last cause I almost hit the floor laughing when I tried to open the oven and realized due to the knobs on the 70’s style cabinets the door would only open about six inches or so.. We made a video in an effort to help people from having the same experience that we had so if you would like a copy of the two and a half minute video please send your request to Perfectionautomotive@live.com and just put video request in the subject. I will try to get back to you as soon as I can.... Hope this has been helpful... What a complete Failure this Hotel was…. Be Cautioned!!!!!

Directions: Off of 278 Just pass the miniture golf southbound

• Pet NOT "Friendly" Hotel and Customer Service

While it appears to be “pet friendly” … it is definitely not. We received 2 phone calls in our room when our yellow lab went out to the balcony alerting us “you better get your dog off the balcony because he’s barking at everyone” … Truth: he went out once, barked at someone who was saying hi to him. Went to dinner, got 3 missed calls that dogs were tearing up room and annoying guests…Truth: nothing was destroyed, no scratches, no barking (we even snuck back to the room to try to catch them). Not to mention the dinner ruined, they also threated to have us pay to relocate all guests on the floor at our expense (but I’m sure they’d change them too – the savvy business people they are) and when we said this is a very ‘non-friendly’ pet-friendly place, they graciously smiled and said, we’d love to check you out. We were at the hotel maybe 4 hours and they still tried to charge my card for the entire stay, the pet fees and it took almost a week to get in touch with the manager and even more to get the changes reversed. We ended up staying at Palmetto Bluff – VERY PET FRIENDLY!

• Will not stay again

I stayed here recently and the experience was awefull. The management was not nice at all. My child had an accident and I was moved to another room. When I got home a week later, I was charged a fee and they did NOT notify me. They also put a hold on my checking account. I WILL NEVER STAY AGAIN.

• Nice, but call first

We stayed at Park Lane twice while in Hilton Head. The first time was as part of a time share promotional package. The hotel says it has suites, but that just means the full kitchen is part of the room with no separation. It was a bit of a stretch for a family of four to spend a week in one room. Luckily, we stayed busy outside most of the time. The first room we were shown opened out to the pool courtyard, but was directly in front of the laundry. We were moved to another room that opened onto the parking lot, but was nice access to our car and actually a lot quieter. We did request a two room suite, but one was not available (all week long??). The breakfast was well appointed with fruit, cold cereal, waffles, hot cereal and I think omelets. There was also a well appointed free happy hour of wine, beer and munchies (hot and cold). It was a nice place to mix wit the other guests and a great way to stave off starvation before going out to dinner. (There is usually quite a wait at the more popular restaurants).
    We enjoyed our first visit so much that we booked it the second time for one night before checking into our time share. The second time was just as nice, but there was construction going on in the lobby and the breakfast and happy hour were curtailed due to the mess and confusion of the construction.
    We would book again, next time requesting a two room suite. Overall, the staff was gracious and courteous.

Unique Quality: Beautiful pool area with fountain.
    Bike parking and free use of bikes.
    Bike ride distance from beach.
    Quiet neighborhood

More about Park Lane Hotel And Suites

Beautiful and roomy, with a great hot breakfast buffet

by TripAdvisor Member ASUtennismom

I was thrilled with how nice this suite was. Our suite had a King bed and a corner fireplace. What a nice romantic touch. The kitchen had a minimal amount of cooking utensils, enough for a short time. If you plan on staying a while and cooking you might need to ask for more. Our garbage disposal did not work but they sent a repairman right away. The hot breakfast buffet was great. They had a make your own waffle station with syrup and fruit. Eggs, pancakes, biscuits and sausage or sausage gravy were available everyday along with the typical cereals, bagels, donuts, coffee, fruit, juice, etc. It was far above average both in taste and offerings. The maid changed the sheets so fast my husband did not know what she was doing. This was after only 1 day. When she came the 2nd day prepared to change them again, we told her to just leave them. Each unit is furnished with a sleeper loveseat and a matching chair. Pretty comfortable for hotel furniture. The biggest disappointment was in the bathroom. There was very little counter space to set cosmetics, etc. They also offer a shuttle to the beach . Overall it is a wonderful, clean place to stay in a great location!

Never again

by TripAdvisor Member weluv2trvl_1

We returned to Hilton Head after staying in Savannah a couple of nights. We didn't get time to do everything we wanted to do the previous week and were so pleasently surprised by Hilton Head last time, so we came back. Tripadvisor reviews didn't lead us astray last time so we tried it again. We also could not get in where we stayed last time, so we stayed here. What a huge mistake. We were very disappointed. The hotel and rooms (and the lobby which should have given it away) smelled of mold and mildew. The bed was old and not comfortable at all and the breakfast was poorly run. We had to ask for things several times and it took forever for us to get even a cup of coffee. While standing there we talked to others who were there and had been put in an area that was being painted and smelled bad there as well. The hotel is older and needs serious remodeling. I think I know why it is not a Residence Inn anymore. What a huge disappointment. We will always stay with our first choice or not stay at all anymore. Staying with name brand hotels at least assures you that some standards will be followed. Not at this hotel.

Wonderful Vacation Stay

by TripAdvisor Member terris37

My family stayed for 5 days 4 nights for my sons graduation from the US Marines at Parris Island. We had a wonderful and perfect vacation. I can not compliment them enough on the service. Very nice clean rooms, great prices, and very hospitable. Breakfast was always wonderful and they had a great selection to choose from. It was close to all the surrounding areas that we had chosen for our vacation(Georgia and Charleston SC). I would highly recommend a stay here and we look forward to staying here again real soon.

Not Happy At Park Lane

by TripAdvisor Member HHIloverOhio

We visited for a timeshare presentation and have been used to Gold Crown RCI timeshares. This hotel is definitely not up to this standard. It looks nice from the outside, but ... We were told they were remodeling but obviously our room had not been done yet. The furniture and carpeting was old. The toilet leaked from the tank. They were having problems with their phone system. Family calling us could not get through or leave a message. When speaking with the front desk, they tried leaving messages and they were promised they would be delivered but they were not. Also, service staff does not speak English and when they were told "no service" they kept knocking and disturbing. They also used the pool area to go back and forth, banging gates and clanging carts right outside our patio door. When complaints were filed with management, apologies were made but they acted as if we were making up the problems. Got the run around and this is terrible customer service. Would never stay here again!!!!

Park Lane Hotel and Suites, wonderful place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member stardancer52

The Park Lane Hotel and Suites on Hilton Head Island is probably one of the islands "best kept secrects". The hotel setting is quiet but not far from the best beaches, shopping, or dining on the island. All of the rooms have full size kitchens, fire places, and ours was a loft room with our bedroom upstairs-
So nice not to have to live in the bedroom for the entire vacation! We have rented several villas on the island, nice but you still have to keep them clean. At the Park Lane we had the same feeling of not being in a hotel but a home, the choice of eating in or going out but no one had to clean! And, every morning we could go down to a breakfast buffet. This hotel is also pet-friendly, that is very hard to find and still be at a nice hotel.
The entire staff was friendly and helpful, we enjoyed chatting with them every morning. The room rates are great, at some of the hotels on Hilton Head you pay just for their big name.
Quiet, comfortable, relaxing, we enjoyed the visit very much and will remember the name Park Lane Hotel and Suites next time we visit Hilton Head!

Poor Management!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member MarineDadOhio

We flew from Ohio and stayed here since we had a relative graduating from Parris Island. The stay was ok and they were re-doing the lobby area so that was a plus that they are improving the property. The downfall however was an incident that my family and I witnessed. We saw a manager (male) verbally abusing the girl working the front desk right in the lobby area where everyone could see.

This was simple terrible and horrific experience and based on what we overheard I would not be surprised if the girl went ahead and filed a sexual harrassment case or something.

The management there need to be more professional in there standards and the way they treat employees. It did not leave a good impression on us. I am sure other guests will be sending reviews on this as we were not the only ones to witness it. Will never go back to this place.

good value for the money

by TripAdvisor Member mark4488

The rooms were ok but the hotel is doing upgrades from what i understand,they have a nice hot breakfast everymorning .most of the staff seemed very nice and had not problems gettiing what we needed.they also had free shuttle service to the beach that i thought was nice since we didnt have to look for parking.And the bus driver was very friendly and gave us some good ideas on places to see in hiltonhead.we would come back again it was worth the stay.

Nice hotel suite and hot breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member burgett1034

If you are used to staying in hotels, then this will be a decent stay. If you are used to 1 or 2 BR condos, then you will be disappointed.

We stayed for 3 nights in a hotel suite, which was one room with 2 double beds and a fold out couch, a sitting chair, a full kitchen (full fridge, microwave, full oven, dishwasher), small dining table, and a full bathroom. Room cleanliness was ok, could've been better. The furnishings and decor were a little out-dated, but it appears that the hotel is under new ownership and trying to make improvements.

The pool was heated and was nice (chairs, tables with umbrellas, and towels provided). The breakfast was nice, too, with hot food. There are two tennis courts and a portable basketball hoop. There is a walking/bike trail but it runs along the main drag (rt. 278), which is a 4-lane road, and not very "scenic" unless you walk a ways toward the beach.

The management staff were helpful, professional, and courteous. The house-keeping and breakfast staff did not speak english, and were not helpful.

Good Luxuary

by TripAdvisor Member 4realguy

I went to this hotel while on spring break with my wife and two young kids. The place was very nice with a very friendly and professional staff. The pool was heated and very nice. The jacuzzi is very large and hot. They were doing rehab and was not serving breakfast at the time. Thanks to the full kitchen, I made breakfast for my family every morning. There is a very small playground, but decent for my kids to want to play at everyday. The tennis courts (2) are nice and professional. It was good excercise for me and my wife. There is a basketball hoop out there that we did not use. They provided what was needed to play. The room was nice size and the mattress was soft. Everything was very clean as well. The maid did an awesome job throughout our stay. This place has nice rooms and I highly recommend it.

Comments