1004 Ocean Blvd., Isle of Palms, South Carolina, 29451, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 41% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

• Beware of Bugs!

The staff is very friendly and helpful... however, when we walked into our room, the smell was terrible!! Very small rooms for the price. We were just settling in for the night when a huge cockroach crawled down the wall next to the bed. DISGUSTING!! We quickly packed up all our stuff and went to checkout. As we were getting into the elevator, there was another cockroach sitting by the door. At least we got our money back and the staff appologized.

• queencreekfreak's Profile Photo

Seaside Inn, On the Beach, Clean, Family Friendly

I have stayed a number of times at the Seaside Inn. I'm very happy with the place. It is on the beach, clean and has a friendly staff. They offer a serve yourself breakfast. Air conditioning and showers work great. Rooms are clean and adequate. Cable tv. Nothing fancy. Right next door to a Veterans Club that can get sort of loud with music. This did not bother us as we were highly entertained by it all. Especially on the 4th of July. If you need total peace and quiet this is not the hotel for you.

Unique Quality: A quick drive to Charleston. The hotel is on the beach via a wooden walkway. Stake out a spot early. Keep in mind that the tide may move in. Bring umbrellas. Request the back balcony rooms for views of the beach.

Directions: Right on the Main drag.

More about Seaside Inn

Nice motel on the beach.

by TripAdvisor Member jcdato

Seaside Inn is a well kept nice motel located right on the beach in picturesque Isle of Palms.

What makes this a motel is the following: outside access rooms, window unit AC/Heat, continental breakfast in the cramped unattractive office.

What makes this a nice motel is the following: room decor is updated in Tommy Bahama style with dark wood finishes, leather and wood blinds. The bathroom is modern with wall to wall large tile, and a huge tiled shower. My room did not have a bathtub.

For the money, the location and room decor are worth it!

Recommended by a trucker

by TripAdvisor Member travelingbeast

On a road trip to Charleston and Savannah, while sitting at a truck stop looking on our laptop for lodging choices in Charleston, a friendly truck driver struck up a conversation about our laptop and ended up telling us about the Seaside Inn in Isle of Palms. We called and got a king room for the night. When we arrived the checkin was fast and efficient, the room clean and comfortable, and the location pleasing. The bed may have been the most comfortable we slept on in our 4 nights of travel. The only thing the room could have used was a chair, but it was otherwise top notch in every way. Reading other review it seems to be a place where you either love it or not, but for us it was definitely love at first sight. We will go back.

Please Heed This Advice!

by TripAdvisor Member SmokinScholar

Here's what we found the day we stayed there:

(1) Upon entry, the place smelled like mold mixed with permanent marker.

(2) Coming back from Charleston later that night, a HUGE roach ran under the fridge and then TV/dresser. When you see one, you KNOW there are MANY more.

(3) I found a half-eaten, hardened cookie under my bed, which, I'm sure, only encouraged the roaches.

(4) They never gave us our internet username/password at the front desk.

In essence, this place sucks. My girlfriend booked it instead of the place right down the street, because Seaside Inn was $10 less. The other place - sorry, forgot the name - looked - I repeat, looked - a lot better, but I can't say for sure. I'd advise you to spend the extra money and get a better place, because this place is DISGUSTING.

Great Experience if Your Expecations Are Appropriate

by TripAdvisor Member marmot1995

Previous reviewers seem to have very different expectations for what a hotel should be. From my perspective, Seaside Inn was perfectly adequate given the price. I did get the AAA rate, and stayed there off season, though it was Thanksgiving weekend. Rates varied each night as it got closer to the weekend, but it was very affordable, and much cheaper than say Charleston.

The rooms are not gigantic, but spacious enough and very, very clean. There was a nice, clean, shiny refrigerator as well as a microwave available in the room. The sheets were very clean, beds nicely made each day. The bathroom was big enough, and the shower had very hot water as well as good water pressure.

The hotel is right on the beach making it easy to take a leisurely stroll at the beginning or end of the day. We called down to the desk for wifi access, and they provided the needed username/password on a card. It worked great.

Breakfast consists of cereals, pastries, bagels/cream cheese, plenty of hot coffee. It is distributed in the small lobby area, but there is a deck of chairs facing the beach on the 1st floor, plus other tables and chairs on the balconies of each floor, plus you can always take it back to your room.

We have an average sized care (not an suv) and parking was not an issue. Apparently off season street parking is free which is what we did for all of one night. The hotel does have a small parking area that fits smaller cars, and at least in off season has another parking lot which is at most a block away.

Now for the nit picky, if the following will bother you...then don't go: one wall had a line of what looked like chipped paint along the ceiling, like many hotels the walls are relatively thin (you can hear the water running when one of your neighbors is taking a shower), we did find one small roach like bug on the bathroom floor one night...but that was it (and given the outdoor setting of the hotel and our general experiences in the south, it wasn't all that surprising, nor was it a big deal).

All of this really didn't bother us because again, the room was very clean. There were no strange odors in the room as mentioned by some previous reviewers. AND the place is right on the beach. It's probably about a 20 minute drive from Charleston. There's also a huge shopping area about 10 minutes away with fast food places, grocery store, etc..

I would definitely return to the Seaside Inn during the off season.

Will never go back

by TripAdvisor Member Palmettoz

Only thing good about the hotel was the location right on the beach. Arrived late at night. There is no designated parking near the hotel unless you drive a very small compact car and can fit in one of the 5 spots they have under the hotel. They tell you to park down the street between 2 houses (poorly lit area). Upon check-in the woman at the front desk charged my debit card for my stay AND ALSO put the funds on hold for the amount of my stay leaving me away from home alone with 2 children and no available money. She never even had the courtesy of telling me she made the error. I learned of it when I tried to use my debit card the following day. It took 5 days for the hold she put on my money to come off. When I called her at the front desk she was rude and blamed my bank because they wouldn't just take my word for it and take the hold off and said there was nothing she could do about it. Overnight staff very unprofessional. Rooms were way too small. I received a phone call one morning to ask if I wanted my room serviced....isn't that part of what I am paying for? Room was never vacuumed and bathroom floor not cleaned during my stay.

excellent Seaside Inn

by TripAdvisor Member jpaddy

My wife Rose and I visited the Seaside Inn for 4 days in November 2007 and we had a most wonderful time . We found the staff very kind and helpful at all times , especially the ladies who take care of the rooms . We were asked everyday if we needed anything, extra towels were no problem. Each morning the office - staff were warm and plesent and always more than willing to help with local information . We are going back again soon for another 4 day stay and we are also treating my brother and sister-in-law from Ireland to a short visit after Christmas . We have no hesitation in recommending this lovely jewel on the beach

Great hotel in a great location

by TripAdvisor Member DSNC80

After reading other reviews, I was a bit concerned about what I would find, but what a wonderful surprise! This hotel is in a wonderful location, right on the beach. It is clean and comfortable. The rooms had obviously been recently updated. The rooms ARE small but for me, it was perfect. I got an excellent online rate, and my room was advertised as two "doubles." Imagine my surprise and delight to find out the "doubles" were actually queens! The bedding is very attractive and comfortable. The bath has only a shower, but it is a very nice updated tile. The staff is friendly and helpful. Now, I will say that in season, I can imagine that the parking on the street would be difficult and I would guess that the hotel is noisy. So, plan a trip to the Isle of Palms in December and enjoy South Carolina weather at its best, get a great rate at a wonderful hotel and enjoy the peace and quiet!

Comments