Villas at Wild Dunes Resort Isle of Palms

See Amenities

Wild Dune's Resort Delivers

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 8, 2007

The Wild Dunes resort was recommended to us by some friends. My wife and I have four kids (ages 13,12,9 and 5), so when we travel we like to have the flexibility of staying in a condo/house yet the amenities of a resort. I have to say this resort was a hit. We arrived and our room was ready. We stayed in the Seagrove Villas which are about 100 yards down the beach from the main resort. It was a two bedroom and had just been refurbished so was in new condition. However, a few minor things were still not finished. Charles at the front desk took care of these immediately and credited our accoutn $200. That is service.

We could have had a three bedroom condo but it was almost a mile down the beach from the resort and our experience is we like to be as close to the resort as possible. It paid off as the kids could walk by themselves to get ice cream etc. at the Boardwalk. Also, they could walk over to the bike rentals and tennis. More on that later.

The resort has everything you could want. We ate at the buffett on the Boardwalk the first night and I have to say it was pretty good. They had a band playing and the kids really enjoyed it also.

Now to Seagrove. Great location. You have your own pool which you share with other villas but was never crowded. Also, just steps from the pool is the beach. Get your boogie boards as soon as you arrive because that is all my kids wanted to do. The beach was awesome and where we spent most of our time. I would stay in Seagrove again over the Boardwalk Inn itself which seemed somewhat crowded.

We also played tennis to which we were entitled two hours a day. We did not golf but there is plenty of that also. Great little shop by the tennis center to grab coffee, newspaper, etc. in the morning.

Overall, we would definitely return. A great spot for a beach vacation.

Unique Quality: Can't beat the location right on the beach.

WILDEFLOWER's Profile Photo

Sea Side Inn looked nice. ...

by written on October 4, 2002

Sea Side Inn looked nice. Right next to Windjammer on Isle of Palms. Charleston Place off Hwy I-26 on King St. Downtown Charleston, Sheraton North off I-26 Aviation Blvd. in N. Charleston. I stayed there with my parents for X-mas when I was in the Navy. They are the best for the money. They have a wonderful champagne brunch if you really want to splurge.

Unique Quality: Omni has shopping centers and resterants in the bottom part. At X-mas they used to have all the merchants make up X-mas trees on the 2 floor for a x-mas tree parade. That was beautiful.

Nearby Villas at Wild Dunes Resort Isle of Palms

Villas at Wild Dunes Resort Isle of Palms

• Wild Dunes Resort
  • Wild Dunes Hotel Isle Of Palms

Address: 5757 Palm Boulevard, Isle of Palms, South Carolina, 29451-2734, United States

1 Photo of Villas at Wild Dunes Resort Isle of Palms

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Isle of Palms Travel Forum

Need advice about Isle of Palms, South Carolina? Visit the Travel Forum for Isle of Palms and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Isle of Palms hotel reviews