255 Sessions Way, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, 29464, United States
Hampton Inn Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Patriots Point
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Travelocity

More about Mount Pleasant

city emblemcity emblem

Son and grandson looking at menusSon and grandson looking at menus

Long Horn from TGIFLong Horn from TGIF

SV RosalieAnn in the slipSV RosalieAnn in the slip

Travel Tips for Mount Pleasant

A Week at Charleston Harbor Marina - April 2004

by grandmaR

"Sunday, April 11, 2004 - Easter"

We were tied up before noon after a trip offshore of 187 miles. I went to the gas dock and checked in, and then we had lunch at the Reel Bar. We rested on the boat the rest of the day. We had dinner at the Reel Bar too because we were too tired to go anywhere else.

When I looked at the marina bill, I found out the dates on it were wrong. Also I thought the bill had been figured incorrectly.

"April 12, 2004 - Easter Monday"

Our son normally works second shift and is off in the morning and has Tuesday and Wednesday off. But of course since we are visiting, they've shifted him to working Monday to Friday on first shift.

Our grandchildren are out of school for Spring Break and our DIL has the day off, so we picked up a rental car and went out to our son's house. Had lunch there and then went to the Charleston Museum. I had intended to go to the Children's Museum too, but we were too tired. Had dinner at Logans in Summerville.

"April 13-14, 2004"

April 13 - I can use the marina wireless network at the boat, so there is no urgency about going to my son's house to use the computer. After I straightened out the bill with the marina office, we drove to the AFB and I put my prescription in for refill. (Since we are so late returning this year, I need to have one prescription refilled before we will be back).

We ate lunch at the exchange and shopped at the commissary, and then drove out to Sullivan's Island where we had dinner at Station 22.

April 14th Wednesday - We spent the day on the boat. Bob hired a diver go under the boat and scrape the prop for $10 and check the zincs. I heard his bubbles under there and wondered what was going on. Our son came over after work and we had dinner at Andolini's in Mt. Pleasant

"April 15-16, 2004"

April 15th Thursday - Our DIL is off work today, so after I call the base about the prescription (and give them the base pharmacy number at Pax to call so they can get a person to talk to because the number on the bottle is the automated refill line), we go over and pick it up, and go to our son's house. I saw dolphins from the Cooper River bridge on the way over. We have dinner there with our son's family.

April 16th - Friday - We went over to our son's in the afternoon and went to a friend of theirs (Mike and Pricilla) for a pot luck. The hosts provided steak and salad and our DIL brought country potatoes. Mike is a friend of our son's from high school and Mike's wife Priscilla knows our son's sister from the high school band.

"April 17, 2004 - Saturday"

Our son's family met us at the marina and we had lunch at Poe's Tavern on Sullivan's Island and then went to Fort Moultrie. There have been a lot of ceremonies this week to do with the raising of the Hundley. Included in the festivities was an re-enactment encampment. There were soldiers camped at Patriot Point and also at the fort.

We went to see Sullivan's Island Lighthouse (from the outside - you can't tour it). Then we found a park and the children played on the equipment for awhile, and we had ice cream at the Sugar Shack.

After we got back to our son's house we went to have dinner at Fisherman's Quarters in Summerville. We'd tried to have dinner there on Monday, but they were closed on Monday.

"April 18, 2004 Sunday"

April 18th - Sunday - Our son and DIL and the kids came over to the boat and the kids swam in the pool. The pool was too cold for me and the spa was too hot. Then we all had our last dinner together at TGI Friday in Mt. Pleasant.

Next: Offshore to the