1401 Shrimpboat Lane, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, 29464, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Great Little Inn

What a great find!!! The place is clean, comfortable and the staff friendly. We were very pleased with everything. It's in a great location, surrounded by really good seafood restaurants and just minutes from downtown Charleston.

We will be going back in April and believe we've found our home away from home.

Unique Quality: Views of Shem Creek, homelike feeling, employees went beyond just regular customer service and made us feel family like. (sorry, that's the best way I can describe it).

More about Shem Creek Inn

Great value & location at Shem Creek Inn

by TripAdvisor Member Ivylady

This hotel was great for our family on a budget. Nice breakfast foods in the morning & nice pool to relax in. Great location in the midst of alot of nice resturants all overlooking the creek.
Not far to drive to Patriots Point, Fort Moultrie or historic Charleston. Alot of family resturants within a few miles, also a great antique mall at Moultrie Plaza down the road from the Inn.
I look forward to coming back again.

Shem Creek is wonderful !

by TripAdvisor Member lcarter

I travel to South Carolina to conduct Retiree meetings. After 5 hours of driving I am always exhausted when I reach Shem Creek. The evening attendant Shay is WONDERFUL! I am not sure how he remembers so much about the visitors but he does.

Whether you need directions to reach Shem Creek (I sometimes get turned around) or desire a good place to have dinner, Shay is most accomodating and eager to please. I give him major "Kudos" - as I seldom receive this type service even from the larger Hotels. His style and hospitality is most welcome after a long day. I hope Shem Creek management appreciates his efforts. Shay makes the difference at Shem Creek!

Shem's Creek

by grandmaR about The Trawler

We were driving around in the dark trying to find a place to eat. We tried the restaurant next to this one and couldn't even get into the parking lot. So we came here. The place was almost deserted. I see by searching on the internet that it has many bad reviews, including bad service. I didn't think it was that bad. I had creme brulee for dessert for $4.95- that's something I get almost every time I can. I think Bob had shrimp appetizer as an entree and bread pudding $4.50 for dessert. The whole dinner including tip was $46.70 for two of us.

Viewed from Across the Creek

by grandmaR about Water's Edge

We saw this restaurant across Shem Creek. I see from the internet that it got the 2002 Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence

A Great Location!

by TripAdvisor Member onthego919

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the Shem Creek Inn, and will probably stay there again. The best rooms are on the creekside, but not too close to the sometimes noisy restaurants/bars across the water. The "marshview" rooms just face the parking lot with a little marsh beyond that. The location and creekside view can't be beat, and the rooms are large with rather ordinary decor. We found the staff to be helpful when asked, but not especially friendly. The Shem Creek Inn was a good choice for us.

Changes on the Creek :-(

by TripAdvisor Member hb55

Ever run into an old friend that you just know something bad has happened to? That is our feeling staying now at the Shem Creek Inn, Mt Pleasant, SC.

First of all - this property has a LOT going for its location - so our stay there wasn't total disappointment. You can't beat staying on the Creek and the convenient location in relation to area restaurants (also on the creek) is great for visitors.

Having lived in Mt Pleasant for 20 years, and just recently moved, we jumped at the chance to stay at Shem Creek Inn during this visit. However, once we arrived, we found portions of the Inn closed off for renovations - and the room we stayed in had not yet achieved renovation status. Even with making allowances for that - (and hopes that the Inn will be renovated back to its great status of the past!) it's the little things that seemingly should have been provided - items you would expect from most any hotel you stay inn - for example, clothes hangers. There are none - when asked, we were told the Inn didn't supply them. No blowdryers - and of course this was the one time we left ours at home! (A quick run to Walmart solved both the clothes hanger & blowdryer issues - but who wants to go to WalMartin' when you're visiting?? :-)

I had heard that the Inn was being converted into investment condo property - but would still be operated as Shem Creek Inn - so perhaps that was the reason for the "usuals" not to be provided.

Once renovated, I'm very sure this will once again be a great place to stay - but wanted to share the info of ongoing renovations and the need to bring certain items with you!

Shae is a fantastic employee

by TripAdvisor Member hollyhill

We spent Memorial Day weekend at Shem Creek Inn. We finally arrived---tired, but grateful to have found the Inn. While checking in, my debit card (Visa debit from my bank) refused the desk clerk (Shae) access to the necessary funds!! To state that we were desperate for assistance is putting it mildly!! Shae attempted various strategizations, and he found that by "breaking down" the fee to a "nightly debit" resulted in success, thereby allowing us a much-needed rest and anticipation of a great weekend!!

Shae was very patient and professional during the aforementioned process. He is an asset to the Shem Creek Inn and its reputation. Each time we encountered him he was always pleasant, smiling, and informative concerning our quest for a "piece of heaven here on earth"!! Our accomodations were also very satisfactory considering they were made "online". The decor, condition of room, etc. were equally pleasing. Will we return in the future-a resounding YES!!!!

Ellene and Howard Graves
1819 Holly Hill Rd.
Milledgeville, GA 31061
jhg1230@alltel.net

Romantic Little Inn in the Hustle of the Big City

by TripAdvisor Member rags5930

My husband and I decided to take a little getaway to Charleston - I did a bit of research on the web before we went, not really knowing that much about the area. We tried the Isle of Palms, but it was much too pricey. We were on our way to some hotels by the Ashley River, when I remembered seeing the Shem Creek Inn online. We were lucky, because they had rooms available for only $99 on the creekside!! The staff was very friendly and helpful - told us some great places to eat - Shem Creek Bar and Grill across the bridge was great, and the Noisy Oyster downtown was the best restaurant ever!! The room was spotlessly clean, everything in perfect working order, with a fantastic view of the creek, shrimp boats, and Red's across the creek. Red's stayed busy until about 2 a.m., but it was great just "people watching" from our balcony. With the sliding glass door closed, we really couldn't hear anything from outside. We enjoyed the inn and Charleston so much - everything from Patriot's Point to downtown was so close - that we will definitely be going back again sometime soon! I would recommend this hotel for anyone - for romantic getaways or for vacations with the kids - it's a great location and great inn!

Absolutely Awesome!

We spent several days at Shem Creek Inn recently - our oldest granddaughter (8) accompanied us. We have been visiting Charleston/Mt. Pleasant several times per year for the past 20 years but had never stayed at Shem Creek until now. The following is what we experienced:

1. The inn is being remodeled. When we were there, the wallpaper was off of the walls in the hallways and the chair rails were being painted so we had to be careful where we walked. Not a problem. The workers were most pleasant. We did not mind the mess. The atmosphere made up for it.

2. If you stay on the marsh side, you're facing the parking lot. By ALL means, stay on the CREEK side. It's a different world and worth any difference in the price of the room.

3. The rooms were older but charming and clean - ours had bright beach colors, the furniture was white wicker.... but the rooms are also being redone so they will be even better by the fall of 2006.

4. The atmosphere, as I mentioned, was awesome. We walked out onto our private balcony just in time for our granddaughter to see three dolphins jump out of the water. The scene on the creek side of the inn reminded us of a fishing village in Maine... just fantastic! We enjoyed all of the activities that we could observe from our balcony which also looks right out on the swimming pool... we enjoyed seeing chartered fishing boats coming and going, individual boaters making their way down the creek, kyackers... sea gulls, etc.

5. There is a bar/cabanna beside of the inn's swimming pool and it is very popular. I always take a small fan when we travel (to block out noise so we can sleep), and if I had not had the fan, I would have been able to hear the noise from the bar. The noise would begin to die down each night around midnight.

6. The staff at this inn is great. Shea was wonderful. He kept the pool open for us one evening so our little gal could swim... just very nice and accommodating from making our reservations to helping to see that our stay was pleasant.

In all of the many places we've stayed in Charleston, from the historical district hotels to bed and breakfast at the Battery, we liked this place the BEST. We will, Lord willing, be back to Shem Creek again. L. Thomas, June, 2006

Shem Creek from the Trawler restaurantShem Creek from the Trawler restaurant

Shem Creek, Mt. Pleasant, SCShem Creek, Mt. Pleasant, SC

Collage of pictures from across Shem CreekCollage of pictures from across Shem Creek

Comments