Atlantica Resort

1702 North Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29577, United States

Atlantica Oceanfront Resort
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

Satisfaction Average

• UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP - Awesome place!

Wonderful Stay! We talked to the manager (it's under new management AND ownership), who was very pleasant, and were told that the entire complex was recently remodeled and refurbished. Rooms are clean - each has an absolutely phenomenal view! We will DEFINITELY be coming back! Thanks Atlantica.

Unique Quality: Literally right on the beach. Waking up each morning to a beautiful sun rise through the huge glass windows facing the ocean is a beautiful sight never to be forgotten.

More about Atlantica Resort

the management is great

i must admit when we first arrived i was rather disappointed. we went the week of senior week, so that was probably a mistake. our room smelled bad, but i called the desk and they were very accomodating. they immediately sent someone to our room and tried to remedy the problem, but that didn't work. it was 11:00 at night and they then offered us another room for the night, but it was not accomodating, so we stayed in the room the night and then they put us in the Atlantica II. i could not have asked for any better treatment from any of their personnel. they were supper, even though i was probably a pain. i would recommend their place to anyone, as i have stayed other places and their attitude was "that is your problem" , anytime there was a complaint. the condo at the atlantica II was very nice and the view was great. we enjoyed our vacation very much and would go back there again.

Bad feeling from the start

My family and I stayed at the Poindexter July 14-19, 2003 and found the place to be terrible the moment we arrived. The room was extremely small, we barely had enough room for the 4 of us and our stuff. The elevator smelled like urine, and the parking lot was a giant asphalt/rock mess, better hope you don't have a car that's low to the ground. The pools and hot tubs were cloudy and had a foul odor. Housekeeping did a half-*** job cleaning, the balcony was narrow and nasty looking. We found a bullet lying next to our car and people in surrounding hotels and in passing vehicles would often shout profanities. We have decided if we ever want to go and this is the only hotel available, we'll just keep our money and stay at home.

Nothing like passing the buck!!!!

This is absolutely the WORST hotel I have ever stayed in. I took my children and my mother, who is almost 70 years old, on vaca. with me to Myrtle Beach in June of this year. Our room was on the 4th floor of the Sands bulding. The elevator was a scary thing, slow crickety, and the door (when it opened on it's own) would shut on you and you almost had to be a body builder to open it up!! When we finally got to our room it wasn't the room the we had booked. We booked a room with a kitchnette but what we got was a room W/ a microwave, coffee pot and fridge. The room was absolutely filthy. There was a love seat in the room that was suppose to be a med. green color (I know the color because I took a wash cloth and wiped off a spot and the color underneth all the black was ..med green) instead it had a sticky black color! The air cond. didn't work right because it was very hot!!!! I immediately called the front desk to tell them that we needed a different room and the person on duty ask me if I booked through Hotels and I told them no but through Expedia. He then told me that they had trouble with both advertizing there rooms in a not so truthful way, I then asked him if they ever checked there ads before they let people advertize for them and if they had so much troble with them why they would continue to let these sites advertize for them????!!! His reply..... " It's not up to me as to who does the advertizing for our hotel". He told me to give him a few min. and he would see what he could do about another room. About 15 min. later he called to say he found another room with a kitchett but he room would have an obstructed veiw due to it being on the 1st floor. The 1st floor was fine with me due to my mothers age and not having to use the dangerous elevator and the 2nd room was in better shape than the 1st but still was not worth the money I spent to stay there. the 2nd day we had troble with the electric. I finnaly figured out that you couldn/t use the micro. and the hairdryer at the same time! Our room was not cleaned all the time we were there and when we called down for trash bags and xtra towels the staff were rude!!!! We ended up leaving a day early with no compisation of course!! My overall experience with this hotel is ..you don't always get what you pay for and buyer beware!!!!! BTW>>>>> the parking was terrible too. You have to park across the street which is no easy task to master!!!!!

Not a bad place like others say

Our trip was July 22-25. Befor leaving I read some of these reviews and was SCARED. What Had I just booked? After arriving, and a SPEEDY check in, we found out. No, it wasn't a 5 star resort, but it wasn't a dump either. Yes it is an older complex, but we had NO PROBLEMS. Maid service was daily and good. No strange smells, or items. Pool area was plesant and clean. Perfect? No, but it met our needs very well.

I WOULD STAY HERE AGAIN

pretty nice house on the beach ;)pretty nice house on the beach ;)

Key West GrilleKey West Grille

every thing in the worldevery thing in the world

Atlantica

by hdrkdr

I was just wondering if anyone here had ever stayed at the Atlantica. Me and my husband and two of our friends are thinking about staying there this summer. We don't mind the noise because we want to be in the center of the strip. We just want a clean room in the middle of town.

RE: Atlantica

by GL430

I have stayed there and yes it is a very nice hotel but you have to becareful of what you do there cause I was accused of throwing a vaccum off the 12th floor and I wasn't even in my room that night and we got kicked out

renting

by AmyRenee

I'm 21 now, and will be 22 by the time I want to go to Myrtle beach. I want to rent a condo or home for a week to 10 days. There will be 6-8 people in my group ages ranging 21-25. So far every place I call is real pleasant until we discuss the ages of the people in my group and then they stress it's a family place. Basically everywhere I look they either don't let people under 25 rent or they'd prefer to not have us because of concerns with our age group. I don't forsee our group being particularly rowdy, but was wondering if anyone knew of a place that is will to rent to either a 21 or 22 year old and is perhaps more college student friendly? And of course is reasonably priced. Thanks

RE: renting

by hdrkdr

I am also in the same boat. There's a group of me and my friends going to Myrtle Beach in June and we are between the ages of 23-24 and we are still having problems. The only place that I have found that does not have a problem is the Atlantica resort. They have reasonably priced condos. And they are in the center of the strip close to everything. I think we got a seven night stay priced at $1100.00 which was really good. So if there are alot of you going it will be even cheaper if you divide among yourselves. I have looked at all the reviews of the place and the only problem seems to be that alot of younger peaople stay there so sometimes it can be noisy. Hope this helps.

Comments