Barefoot Resort and Golf

4980 Barefoot Resort Bridge Road, North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29582, United States
Myrtle Beach Barefoot Resort
Travelocity Hotels.com

More about Myrtle Beach

rows of stuffrows of stuff

Myrtle Beach, SCMyrtle Beach, SC

Myrtle Beach on the Atlantic OceanMyrtle Beach on the Atlantic Ocean

Where to stay in Myrtle Beach with A LOT of kids!

by pjrackley

We will have 10 kids ranging from 2 years to 13 years old and would like to find a clean, fun, safe, place to stay where we can all relax and enjoy our vacation. There will be an equal amounts of adults as well. We would really prefer a resort that has a kids program to entertain the kids on some days. Any thoughts or ideas would be very much appreciated.

TIA
PJ

Re: Where to stay in Myrtle Beach with A LOT of kids!

by penpoison

I would recommend a renting a beach house with that many kids. Try looking by the North Carolina/South Carolina border not far from Myrtle Beach. You can go to the beach, go bike riding, go deep sea fishing, go to a crab house or go to the House of Blues for the adults. If you split the cost, it comes out to being way economical than going to a resort. Book early since some of dates between Labor & Memorial Day fill up quickly..

Hope this helps.

by joesorce

www.seamist.com

by spa-head

I think you would find "Springmaid" covers it all for you. They are located at the south end with their own beach,pier,miniature golf course, and cafeteria (the food is actually good). It is a very family oriented place but yet close to all the attractions. Hope this helps.

by missmommy19

Look at Ocean Lakes Campground's website (www.oceanlakes.com). There are houses to rent for larger groups, plus the beach, playground, pools, arcade, miniature golf, restaurant and store are all located right there, plus everything Myrtle Beach has to offer.

Travel Tips for Myrtle Beach

giddy on the Interstate

by richiecdisc

The days leading up to the trip were hectic. Working in real estate doesn’t lend itself to planning. Whatever you try to plan, your business has a mind of its own so it was not too hard to believe when we found deals forming as we readied ourselves to leave. Luckily with cell phones and laptops, one can stay connected. It might be less than ideal with regard to true freedom but you can at least get on the road when it might otherwise be impossible to. So, our first day didn’t go as we had loosely planned. There would be no 4:00 AM walk up call to ensure a Savannah lunch time stroll as we’d been up the night before negotiating an offer on a house our client had fallen in love with. I secretly worried that the need to work further on it via cell phone while driving the first day would all but ruin our trip but as soon as we got north of West Palm Beach we saw nothing but trees on either side of us. Living in the concrete jungle of South Florida, one forgets just how important all that green is to your soul so despite the need to sporadically work on this long drive, we felt giddy as we sped along the Interstate.

We made it to Savannah albeit four hours later than planned so our lunch turned into a beer at the local brewpub. I put the final touches on the deal I’d been working on all day and saved my client $5000 for my trouble. It was a done deal and though it would have been easy to stay and celebrate, we had friends waiting in Myrtle Beach and a six hour drive ahead of us. We raced back to the car and just managed to avoid getting soaked by a sudden thunder storm. A colleague called as I pulled out to tell us one of our properties had received an offer and offered to handle the negotiations. I happily agreed with zero visibility and a long drive ahead of me. (concluded below in Fondest Memory)

The Carolina Opry & Good Vibrations

by dande9

These two shows produced by Calvin Gilmore are brilliant and wildly entertaining. If you only see one show while you're in Myrtle Beach, it must be the show that brought entertainment to Myrtle Beach - The Carolina Opry. From the moment you enter the stunning two-story marble lobby, you know you are in for an extraordinary experience that your family will remember long after the tans have faded and the sand has been shaken from the shoes.
During Good Vibrations you'll see the best music, comedy and dancing of three of the most dynamic decades in history, 1960-1990. Elvis, John Denver, Pat Benatar, Janis Joplin, The Beatles, Billy Joel, Don McClean, The Beach Boys, and Cyndi Lauper – just to name a few. You’ll laugh out-loud, you’ll stomp your feet, you’ll sing your favorite songs. The Christmas Special during November and December is always a sellout too. Loved by all generations, my family has been coming for years and it is loved by all.

Myrtle Beach

by l_riva_l

I have been to Myrtle Beach many, many times and I have been thinking about what photo should I use for the introduction. I narrowed it down to a few choices and decided that this one should come first. I think it summarizes what this town and Grand Strand are all about...consumerism...youth...fun in the sun...

What's there to do in Myrtle Beach? Well...let's see: Walk along the beach, sunbathe, swim, build a sand castle, surf, fish off the pier, look for sharks' teeth, scream on the rollercoaster, fly a kite, play golf, mini-golf, go on the waterslide, go crabbing, parasail, go-cart, stuff yourself at the calabash, birdwatch, see the alligators, go to the aquarium, shop at the beach-wear outlets...

Waterslides and mini-golf courses are everywhere but the beach, the water and the sun are free!

Comments