Bay View Resort Myrtle Beach

Costs 79% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Bay View Resort Myrtle Beach

Excellent value at the Bay View

by TripAdvisor Member mlkrysz

My wife and I took our 2 daughters, ages 10 and 8, to Myrtle Beach during the last week of June. We checked prices for six nights in other hotels on the north side of town first since it is a little bit
newer(nicer?) but we could not find anything within our price range on the ocean. Then our agent found Bay View resort on the internet advertising their rates and rooms. We reviewed the rooms and amenities and booked a room right away. When we arrived we were very pleased. The hotel was new and first class, just like our room. Everything was clean and modern, just the way it should be when you take your family on vacation! The staff was courteous and professional as well. My daughters loved the ground floor pool, lazy river and hot tub. My wife and I just enjoyed a room overlooking the ocean. The area where the hotel is located is in a little bit older section of the beach, but it's only a few blocks from a wonderful amusement park. The Bay View is also only a few minutes drive from most attractions and stores in the area. We would definitely book this hotel again.

Very Disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member familyoffiveTampa_FL

My family of five was in Myrtle Beach for a family reunion. My sister-in-law heard about the Bay View Resort through a travel agent who recommended the property because the condos were recently renovated.

I will start with the positives. We stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo with a full kitchen, full size washer/dryer and oceanview terrace. The kitchen had granite countertops and brand new appliances. The condo was very large and really very nicely appointed. The housekeeping staff that cleaned our room and replaced our towels seemed fine as well.

Now the negatives. There is no lobby, so you just come off the street and, boom you are at the elevators which are very dirty and sandy and wet. The elevators are also very busy so, at times, you wait forever. When people were checking out on Sunday the elevators are an absolute nightmare.

The pool area is inside and also right off the street and not at all nice or relaxing or comfortable. There is a small lazy river pool that the kids had fun in, however, you could not even see the bottom of the pool it was so cloudy. The pool area also had a very crowded hot tub, baby pool and 3 and 4 foot wading pool. It was very busy and chaotic, dirty, and no towels.

I did not find the beach to be that nice either, but it could be because I'm used to the Florida beaches.

The worst part of the Bay View Resort, however, is the location. It is in a really sleazy part of Myrtle Beach where I felt very unsafe.

I would only recommend this place to someone who needs a big place to stay and knows where to go in Myrtle Beach.

Very good

by TripAdvisor Member sgcanada28

The room was wonderful. We had a problem with the shower: we mentioned it to the front desk. Later in the day, when we get back to our room it was fixed. So we receive very good service from the front desk. The room was always clean. The location is good near everything. We went to see the north myrtle beach area and it was boring residential location. From our balcony, at night, we could see all the night life.

The pool was small and indoor and no Starbuck !

Bayview is the best

by TripAdvisor Member Pammal

I cant understand all the negative reviews. This place is fantastic. My hisband and I travel all over the world so we know what we are talking about. The beach is incredible, the rooms spacious, very clean - what more could you ask for? The beds were extremely comfortable which is very important. Centrally located to the best places in MB. The staff was great - ask for John in management if you have any problems which you wont..... He is the best. You wont be disappointed if you stay here - we have stayed in at least five places in MB - this was definitely at the top.

mixed feelings!!

by TripAdvisor Member grandmasterpapasmurf

My family and I stayed there the fourth of july weekend. The hotel itself is wonderful. The oceanfront view is beautiful. The service sucks! Our condo didn't come with a lot of the things a normal person
would expect it to. Example- coffee pot but no coffee, cream, or sugar. The towels smelled bad. When we arrived our room had items that the previous guest had left in there. So I assumed they don't clean their rooms very well and I was right. The resort is in the busiest part of myrtle beach. Also, it very difficult to park. The garage is across the very busy street. I also would not recommend walking alone outside at night. But despite all these problems we still had a lot fun. The breathtaking view also helps make up for some of these things.

Going back to Holiday Sands North

by TripAdvisor Member Mrush7

We went for four nights During the week of the fourth It was terrible 2 adults 3 kids 2 bedroom condo nice room no outdoor pool.Elevators are awful 3 of them to 19 floors.Got there at about 3:15 took about 50 minutes to check in and then they said our room was not ready had to wait about 30 more minutes.Then Could not get a cart to unload car had to carry up by hand.I will be going back to holiday sands north Stayed there many times never had a problem bigger is not always better.

Wonderful Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Monet9298

My family and I just returned from a 5 day stay at Bay View and had an awesome time. I am very particluar about the hotels I stay in and researched numerous hotels before deciding on Bay View. From the moment I booked my room, I knew I had made the right decision. My two sons loved the lazy river and giant checker board. Neither can swim and never use the pools at other hotels we have visited. I had to drag them out of the lazy river! The room was wonderful. The kitchen was fully equipped with all the essentials (silverware, bowls, dishes, pans, etc.). There was even dishwasher detergent and dish towels! Housekeeping even replaced the dish towels every day. I loved the granite counter tops and new appliances. The washer and dryer came in handy after being at the beach all day. There was no need to hang wet towels over the balcony. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in a hotel. The bedroom was very spacious with a large closet and plenty of drawer space. There were two tvs (living room and bedroom). I loved having a balcony off the bedroom and two off the living room. The wireless internet allowed me to use my laptop to find directions to many attractions in the area. The hotel is conveniently located near an amusement park, grocery store and many other attractions. I loved being able to sit on the balcony and watch people and cars go by. The parking garage is one block over but not a problem. It was well lit with a walkway, although, you do have to walk between two low budget motels. There was plenty of parking in the garage and the spaces weren't tight. In researching other hotels for my trip, terrible parking garages with tight spaces seemed to be a big problem. The hotel is located across the street from a couple of low budget motels where people were sitting out front drinking late into the night and occasionally yelling at people passing by but it was not intolerable and they never said anything to my family when we returned from the garage. Security at Bay View was good. The security guard was very visible and made sure the residents sitting on their balconies did not get out of hand. The front desk was very accommodating and friendly. The elevator was slow at times but what can you expect in the summer with a hotel full of people? My only complaint is that I had to ask for wash cloths every evening because there were never any left when the room was cleaned. One evening the front desk did not have any and said housekeeping would bring them up. Within 10 minutes my wash cloths arrived. The brochure mentioned a continental breakfast and Starbucks. There was neither. I think once the final phase is complete they will be available. This was my first trip to Myrtle Beach and will not be my last. On my next trip, I will definitely stay at Bay View. I have already told my friends about Bay View. I am really surprised by the negative comments. But then again, you can't please everyone.

lLow quality and high pricing

by TripAdvisor Member bouncy083

I go to myrtle beach every year almost for vacation we get 4 bedrooms or a penthouse it is like a family get together . My sister had checked this place out because they live in North Carolina and not to far away I live in Ohio. She described this room with upscale furniture. So I booked it and cancelled the other one we had. Arrived found out parking was across street and that was the best thing I think they had going for them. Entered our rooms my sister was very upset, furniture was very low budget not like the one she had been shown and they went to look at rooms twice. Bedding in rooms was not what they told us. When I inquired about this they indicated they had changed this penthouse but we needed the bedding in rooms they told me about so we all ended up on like full or double beds except one room had a king. Frankly the only reason we stayed is because they knocked money off of our rooms. And we had other couples with us from North Carolina. My son and his friend families who had came in a day later booked rooms separately could not get rooms they had promised them they had beds their feet hung off of them. One was a x marine and he can sleep any where but said was not going to pay this kind of money for feet to hang off of bed. They could not accomodate them and all rooms were gone I quess. So they both got their money back and went some where else which that was our yearly visit and they were about 30 miles from us. I would not stay here again even when they get everything they say they are going to get because I do believe their brochure is nothing like their appearance itself. Maybe someone in other remarks indicates false advertiseing they are probaby right. Maybe the people who came in ahead of us got the better rooms and they gave us what they could. Lots of people were upset over their rooms and complaining . They are very high priced for what they are trying to rent. Go to the budget across street probably get same accomodations of style in rooms. Our unit was large but for money paid very low class furnishing.

Don't know what everyone is complaining about

by TripAdvisor Member tmkst15

I just returned from my stay at the bay view and thought it was great! the only problem we had was on our last day they were doing some electrical work because of a storm the day before and it woke us up at 10, but they accomadated us with free waterpark tickets. The rooms were exactly as shown on the website. The staff was great room service would come in the morning, if you weren't up yet were more than happy to come later and did a fabulous job. All these people complaining about parking are nuts!! its a walk through a parking lot across the street you could literaly hit a golf with a pitching wedge to the garage! Maybe a 9 iron depending on your game. It was right on the beach in not even a 10 min drive to broadway, would without a doubt stay here again!

Fabulous Vacation!!

by TripAdvisor Member acfpinc

Great vacation, clean rooms. The staff was great. Celebrated our anniversary there and have many good memories!! We were upgraded for free, and treated like royalty.

ducky once the work was doneducky once the work was done

Outside Ripley's AquariumOutside Ripley's Aquarium

Factory StoresFactory Stores

dOWN TOWN MYRTLE BEACH

by BABYDOLL01

I have previousaly visted North Myrtle Beach which is a family orientated beach. I have booked a week at the Bay view Resort, I needed info. on what it is like in this part of Myrtle Beach. Any information would be g reatly appreciated

RE: dOWN TOWN MYRTLE BEACH

by alljemms

I also have a week planned at the bay view resort and was wondering what that area was like....HELP US AND ANSWER US :)

Comments