Bay View Resort Myrtle Beach

See Popular Hotels

perfect for us, but...

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 1, 2014

My only real complaint was that oddly enough the pool area was all inside. That was weird to me at a beach. I knew this before we booked, but I was at least hoping it was all an "open air" facility for the summer months. The pool was extremely small too. We did not go in one time because of the smallness and enclosed feeling. Too many people and that frankly creeped me out having to stand next to strangers if you just wanted a dip. The only other complaint was the insane wait for the elevators. They are building a 4th elevator, but I really doubt that will be much help. People would pack in like sardines knowing that the next elevator's wait would be unbearable. I would have taken the stairs every time if we weren't on the 11th floor. Having inviting stairwells would have been nice for those who were on lower floors. The stair wells were unpainted cement, scary and dirty. They should be more inviting as a concession to the extremely slow elevators.
The room was awesome, the view was awesome, the staff as helpful enough. Parking was literally a stone's throw away and I liked the security of it. Although no woman should ever be in a parking ramp alone.
I also liked the fact that this was the only "high rise" hotel in the vicinity, so more beach to spread out as opposed to the ones north of the 14th street pier. Bayview was walking distance to all the touristy things like the sky wheel, arcades, haunted houses etc. We only did the sky wheel ($13 per person). Going to the center of activity was surely a bonanza for any sociologist. Talk about people watching--goodness, there were some interesting folk. The board walk was nice and the Bay view grounds were really well-kept and plenty of very nice lounge chairs on the grass. Another cool thing was that they had free dvds to "rent" and dvd players at each tv.

Nearby Bay View Resort Myrtle Beach

Bay View Resort Myrtle Beach

• Bayview Resort Myrtle Beach Sc
  • Bay View Myrtle Beach
  • Bay View Hotel
  • Bay View On The Boardwalk Hotel Myrtle Beach

Address: 504 North Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29577, United States

Amenities at Bay View Resort Myrtle Beach

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Free High Speed Internet

Myrtle Beach Travel Forum

Need advice about Myrtle Beach, South Carolina? Visit the Travel Forum for Myrtle Beach and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Myrtle Beach hotel reviews