5308 North Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29577, United States

Booking.com Tingo.com Travelocity

• Clean and Cheap

Sometimes clean and cheap is all you need. This is a condo hotel in a great north end Myrtle Beach location, but rooms vary greatly.

Unique Quality: Less crowded beaches.

Directions: Near the Cababana Section with its unique and quirky structures that give this residential area its name. The north end of Myrtle Beach is much nicer than the downtown or south end if you like things a bit quieter.

• Great place, great price!

Stayed in August of 07 for a week with my husband. Rented a one bedroom. (1706) Recently renovated. (each condo privately owned, up to the owner to decorate) Living area has a kitchenette withfull size fridge, stove, microwave, coffee pot, toaster and all the dishes, pots and pans you would need to make a meal. Since we were on vacation, I didn't cook! Also in living area is a sleeper sofa, lounge chair, tv, dvd and dinette. Sliding glass doors lead to nice balcony with two chairs and table. View is spectacular! Bedroom has two queen beds, dresser, closet and tv.

The property has several pools and a lazy river. Lots of lounge chairs in a grassy area near the pools. Great little outdoor bar, small restaurant. Staff is very accomodating. The beach was a short walk away over a board walk which crosses the dunes. It's very clean, no signs of seaweed or jellies. Owners of this condo provide beach chairs, umbrella and cooler. Chairs and umbrellas could be rented on the beach for $30 a day.

The hotel is located a mile or two from downtown, just far enough away from the very lively atmosphere. Short drive to Broadway at the Beach and Barefoot Landing.

Unique Quality: Fantastic view from the oceanfront balcony. Recently renovated unit. Pools very clean and grounds well cared for. Video library free at the front desk.

Directions: One mile north of downtown.

• massuc's Profile Photo

Quiet stay near residential neighborhood

We stayed during Bike Week 2004. Even though Beach Colony is a little north of the main part of the Strip, I'm glad we stayed in that area. It was quieter since most people, especially those with motorcycles, stayed a mile or two south of us. I really enjoyed our stay. We stayed in the typical Executive Suite for about $87/night (during mid-May) and I think we got a good deal. Our suite had a kitchenette, two queen beds, clean/working bathroom and an oceanfront balcony view.

Unique Quality: Very nice pool area that was keep very clean. Clean beach near residential area. Good place for shell hunting.

More about Beach Colony Resort

loved Beach Colony Resort

While at Beach Colony, my family and I found the room to be spacious and clean. The employees especially Tammy were very nice and helpful. I hope it works out to vacation there again. I would recomend this hotel highly!

Very disappointing Stay

I stayed at the Beach Colony Resort in April, 2004. I was very disappointed to see that the room was run down and not maintained. The sofa had stains on the cover, the bed in the master bedroom sagged in the middle and was on the floor, the balcony was under construction which made a view from the balcony of our waterfront suite difficult due to safety concerns. The lock on the front door was broken, so the room could not be adequately secured, the coffee maker was broken, and several slats were missing from the blinds on the windows. The hotel also refused to honor my AAA discount. Apparently, the discount does not apply to the three bedroom suite. This was not mentioned during the reservation.

Overall, the lobby was the only place in the hotel that appeared to be maintained. The rest of the facility looked dilapidated and run down.
For the money my family and I spent, we expected much more and will not return.

Perfect resort for anyone looking for fun, relaxation, and classy accommodations.

Beach Colony Resort was amazing. We went from May 10-17. The first thing that I liked about the hotel is that their age requirement to rent is only 21. Being that we were all 24, most of the resorts and vacation rental agencies would not rent to us unless we were 25.
Second, the staff was very friendly, and if we need something, they were very helpful and prompt in getting what we needed. Third, the room we had was gorgeous. We had a 3-bedroom, 2-bath oceanfront condo for seven of us. It was very spacious. And the view from the 6th floor was spectacular. Fourth, the amenties were fantastic. Two relatively large pools, a nice hot tub, a game room with air hockey and video games, and a relaxing lazy river. And, although I did not personally experienc Fusco's myself, my friends reported very good food. Fifth, the price was very reasonable. Very affordable for someone on a college budget.
Last, it was a quiet and relaxing stay. The resort is located far enough away from all of the chaos but close enough to easily access all attractions. And considering that our trip was during "Bike Week," a quiet stay was definitely desired.

The only negative about the whole stay was on day 3 or 4 a construction company began working on new railings on the oceanfront balconies. As a result, our balcony doors were bolted shut and our view was obstructed by scaffolding. In addition, one of the pools was shut down throughout the time. We were upset that we rented an oceanfront view and then basically had it taken away without warning. The manager of the hotel was very kind and generously refunded us 25% of what we paid for our week-long stay. Besides the construction, the hotel was wonderful, and the staff did everything in their power to make our stay enjoyable and relaxing. I would recommend this resort to anyone.

WE LOVE IT

I was absolutely astonished to see that people did not enjoy their stay at Beach Colony !!! I have been there almost every year since the Resort opened and I have very fond memories of being there as a child and a teen. Then when my husband and I were married, we stayed there for our honeymoon, which he suprised me with because he knew how much I LOVED Beach Colony. However, we did come to the beach 3 years ago without reservations and we looked at several other condos, even new ones, and wound up staying at Beach Colony because is was just sooo much better than anything else we found. Even without a reservation, the staff was great in accomodating us, they gave us a choice of rooms and were nothing short of fantastic to us. We have had a baby since our last stay and we are planning on returning this year and I can just tell you, that we will not even entertain the idea of staying anywhere else !! WE LOVE BEACH COLONY RESORT, it is our home away from home !!!

Best resort in myrtle

Best resort in Myrtle Beach, Stayed at another resort last year due to no vacancy at Beach Colony. Other resort not honest to detail nor rates.
Beach colony offers best bang for the buck. Honest helpful staff, and always aims to please.

Overall everything was great

by TripAdvisor Member Dasquatch4

My family stayed at the Beach Colony, in a 3 bedroom condo at the end of September. The weather was great the resort was nice, although I thought the condo could have used a little refurbishing especially the bathrooms. The common areas of the resort where very nice, and well kept. I would recommend this resort to anyone, and plan on staying there again.

Loved our Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member bluueyess

I was just at Beach Colony from April 4-9th and I don't know how anyone couldn't like it. The workers were always cleaning everywhere I went. I was very impressed. I had a one bedroom suite and I understand all the rooms are individually owned so if you have a bad room I would definitely let everyone at the front desk know exactly what is wrong. I know that the room we stayed in was great since it was individually owned. The owners left a nice book for us to write any comments, good or bad. They also left games, cards, sand toys, etc. for us to use and leave there for the next guests. I will be back and request this same room every time.

Comments