Beachwalk Motel Myrtle Beach

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Myrtle Beach

ripley's museumripley's museum

One of the aisles of the mallOne of the aisles of the mall

Teeth and whale ear boneTeeth and whale ear bone

FLAGFLAG

Travel Tips for Myrtle Beach

Used to be great

by deebum25 about Martini's Continental Dining & Piano Bar

This used to be THE place to go for great food and superb martinis. In the last couple of years my husband and I have experienced a noticeable decline in the quality of the food and service as well as the desirability of the patrons. I had ordered a mixed seafood dish that was supposed to be served over risotto and was served over plain rice. When I tried to explain the difference between dry rice and risotto to the server, he merely shrugged, apologized and walked away! The martinis were fine but they have cute little names and things that go along with them which our server informed us that he happened to be out of at the moment. The patrons at some of the surrounding tables were loud, obnoxious, very drunk and should have been poured outside into the street yet they continued to be served alcohol. We steered well clear of them when we left after the wife's head hit the table and she couldn't seem to lift it again. And that point we said enough and have not been back since.

Ripley's Aquarium Titanic exhibit

by butterflykizzez04

They had a Titanic exhibit at the aquarium. It was very interesting and showed a short film.
There was also a vat of water the temperature that the people had to try and survive in. You got to put your hand into it and feel how cold.

Lunch in Myrtle Beach

by grandmaR

After we got off the ferry (a 30 minute ride), we went through Southport

About noon, we stopped at the South Carolina Visitor's Center to get a map because I couldn't find my AAA South Carolina map. The North Carolina maps that I have is a very good maps. I was disappointed in South Carolina's map.

It was getting near lunchtime by now, and I wanted to stop at Barefoot landing or somewhere we could see the ICW to eat. I thought the highway would cross either the Little River or the Barefoot Landing swing bridges.

But the highway goes over a fixed bridge. We saw the big marina by the lighthouse, and then went by Dock Holidays

But Bob did not understand what I wanted and we went whistling past Barefoot and the golf course overhead railway and a breakfast place that was open (again a lot of stuff closed off season).

We eventually stopped near Calabash Seafood (which is not in Calabash)

at the Chinese place with the 102 piece buffet. It was $5.25 for all you could eat for seniors. (Regular people pay $1 more)

Afterwards we walked back and looked at the waterway which was behind the restaurant. It had been raining a little and then cleared up.

We drove on down US 17 - through Georgetown (by the paper mills), and through the Francis Marion Forest and past the location of the Hampton historic house.

Next: A short visit to grandchildren in North Charleston and Summerville.

Comments