Best Western Carolinian Beach Resort

Hotels.com Travelocity Booking.com

Costs 58% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• BunkysPrincess's Profile Photo

Great Place

This Hotel worked out a payment plan for me for a long term rental!
    Instead of paying 129.00 a night I got my room for 39.00 a night. I stayed here all
    summer and the kids loved the 2 pools and lazy river! I loved the Jacuzzi and Gym!!!

Unique Quality: A long and fast lazy river ride on property, only 3 1/2 feet deep!

Directions: North Ocean Blvd. 26 blocks away from the main boardwalk area!

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

Best Western Oceanfront

Greast location, great hotel. Built in 2003, this 20 story hotel has a number of suites to accomadate larger groupes as well as roomy singles for couples. I stayed in a 2 bedroom suite on the 15th floor, great view, very roomy, 2 baths, and affordable. No complaints of the room or the service, checking in and out was a breeze! This place also has separated indoor and outdoor pools with a jacuzzi adjacent to the indoor pool.

Unique Quality: I loved the huge garden tubs and the kitchen... it was stocked with a blender so mudslides and margaritas were plentiful.

More about Best Western Carolinian Beach Resort

There are lots of Hotels and...

by pargolfer

There are lots of Hotels and Condos on the beach. I rented a 3 bedroom condo on the beach for a week and found it to be a great value at only $700.00 US. Split with 3 golf buddies and its the most inexpensive way to go.

Searching accomodation online

by Carmela71

The first time I went to USA (New York and Washington), we booked through a Spanish travel agency (Now I know we did a great mistake as we payed much more than If I had looked online ....

So for our second trip I begna to look with lots of advance.

I have to say that I founded on VT a few very good tips of web pages to look as www.travelworm.com, and that the searcher of hotels helped me to find places (so I could look for cheaper prices as Expedia is normally more expensive, it was at the ned of our search when Vt added more options more competitive).

So first I dedicated to find a good deal for Las Vegas, the San Francisco and finally Los Angeles.

Our first booking was for Death Valley, as there are not many options there LOL

One of the best hotels when...

by flightgirl

One of the best hotels when visiting Boston, Tremont Hotel. Close to the Boston Commons area, near the Public Gardens. Gives you a little bit of history.

Take my advice--choose a different place!!

We just returned from a stay at Myrtle Beach. We were there for a clogging competition/vacation from June 16th-June 20th. We stayed at the Best Western Carolinian. From the outside and the lobby, it looks like a nice place. We stayed in a regular room on the 3rd floor(not in the Tower with condos). The building we stayed in was old and looked as if it had been through some rough wear and tear. The rooms are different sizes...some in our group had small rooms...ours was roomy! We had a balcony overlooking the paid beach parking lot and had a sideview of the ocean. Our wall by the patio door had 2 holes in it and the bathroom door had an area that had been patched...perhaps another hole?! If you walked on the carpet barefoot, your feet turned black! The 2 elevators were slow and often had a group waiting for them. One elevator was often broken down! The continental breakfast is no longer at the hotel, it is at a restuarant up the street. You can get the free breakfast or pay for the breakfast buffet. The free breakfast is not great...doughnuts, cinnamon swirls, mini muffins, tropical fruit salad, and juice. You are charged a $2 fee per day for
use of the in-room safe and local calls whether you use it or not. I was told at check-in that if I did not use the safe, it could be removed from my bill but at check-out was told they could not refund it. I had no trouble with towels but several in our group on other floors found they often had no towels or not enough towels...maybe a difference in the housekeeping crew per floor?!? The staff was nice. The pool area was nice. The location was good... on the beach. It was an okay place, but I would stay somewhere else!

BAD DREAM!

by TripAdvisor Member Nancy088

Our stay at the Best Western Carolinian was anticipated with much excitement at the newness of the tower! What a surprise we had in store for us! At first glance, it appeared nice; however, it seems a hotel built a high rise without updating the ammenities such as the size of the very small swimming pool, etc. for the new tower and its occupants. The parking was terribly disappointing and dangerous I felt. Thankfully, my husband and another couple were with me, or I would have never wanted to park in the very dark garage 2 blocks over, thru a construction site.

Our first glance of the room was a shock---the furnishings are very dark and not suited to a beach environment. It appears they purchased it very cheapy since no other prominent "resort" in a beach area would have what belongs in Grandmother's attic. Another example of their "hotel" mentality is the 4 cup coffee pot in a 2 bedroom condo that sleeps 10 people! Their was no ice in the freezer, and dishes were still in the dishwasher. The silverware I pulled out of there was filthy, with thick white "stuff" stuck to the spoons and forks. The maids failed to leave hand towels, kleenex, and other second bedroom was out of toilet paper completely and we had to go to the desk to get some after no response when calling to request it.

To make matters worse, there was a fire and the entire tower was evacuated at 10:30 p.m. Finally, at 4 a.m. we were assigned another sister hotel, but I can tell you there were so many displaced elderly people, babies and children and mass confusion and chaos in re-assigning another room. Someone told me the same thing had occurred a week earlier. There was no power, and we had to walk 11 floors up to gather the few things such as toiletires and medicine we needed for the night--with no lights to see by. The "free" complimentary breakfast is also 1/2 block away, and the staff at that restaurant, Magnolias, was less than accommodating. In fact, the night we were displaced until 4 a.m., we arrived for just some coffee and donuts a few minutes before 10:00, when the breakfast is cut off, and the manager took great pleasure in saying, "The continental breakfast is over." He proceeded to have someone take a huge tray of donuts out of the restaurant area, and we observed his domineering arrogant mannerisms before this morning as well. It seemed our situation just got worse and worse.

It seems that if Best Western's reputation is at stake here, they need to open their eyes and do something about this very less than desirable "resort", since many people will see it as a last resort for their next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Loved It!

by TripAdvisor Member Goldwire

My family visited Myrtle Beach the weekend of Mar 5-7 2005, and I have to admit I was pleasantly suprised of the surroundings of the Carolinian. First off, the staff was incredibly nice and energetic but watch out for the rep in the lobby trying to sell timeshares! We stayed in the tower on the 8th floor in a 2 bedroom suite oceanfront. It was a nice size suite but could have been decorated a little better. The washer/dryer and full size kitchen with a full supply of untinsels was a BIG plus. Also there are fire sprinklers in every nook and cranny of the suite which I feel is a good safety feature. It was very clean and felt very private. We didn't hear any outside noises or our neighbors. Houskeeping was on point when we needed something. The lazy river is small but enjoyable. The only downside is we had to park down the street if we didn't get back to the hotel early enough for lot parking and if you like GOOD pillows, I suggest you bring you own. Other than that we had a wonderful stay and are planning another trip next year. Maybe next time we'll brave ourselves and stay on the 21st floor.

Proud to be marrying a South Carolinian

by PA2AKgirl

A state with mexican brontos...

...clever gas station names...

...AND the state Bobby most identifies with home...

Doesn't South Carolina have it all? ;-)

VintageRose's South Carolinian Sabbatacle

by VintageRose

I moved to South Carolina from California in 1991! And I lived here a total of two years in a four year time span(of and on get it?)Is there ever a real way to describe the south? I don't think so! But I'll try!. There is something terrifying beautiful about the way Spanish moss hangs lazily from the trees. The southern landscape is some of the most beautiful in the Entire United States. I lived in what is known as the Low Country of South Carolina in the Charleston/Summerville area. The land tends to be more swampy in this area. And don't forget the food!! You gotta try it. Leave your diet at the door and break those mirrors. You will never be able to fully enjoy southern cuisine if you are so focused on calories and how you look. When you come down here be prepared to sacrifice in the name of Education!! So eat your plate of greens and crab cakes, shut up and be happy! :)

Motel/Hotels and Credit Cards

by Randall_Burt

Hi Everyone. Just wondering. In The USA, do You need to show a credit card on check in to most Motel/Hotels? I know that some require a credit card imprint on check in, but do most ask for this???

RE: Motel/Hotels and Credit Cards

by BIW

From my experience, yes. This is in case you have additional expenses (from the small refrigerator in the room or eating at the hotel restaurant and charging it to your room, or telephone usage).

RE: Motel/Hotels and Credit Cards

by OiKnow

The vast majority of hotels and motels either require an imprint of a credit card (frequently done by reading the magnetic stripe on the back of the card) or pre-payment in cash. I have had hotels request a credit card to guarantee incidentals such as phone calls and mini bar usage, even when the room had been prepaid (as part of a travel package or as part of a pre-paid non-refundable special.) At most it is possible to use a credit card at check in and actually pay with cash or adifferent card at check out. The obvious purpose is to guarantee payment, most will put a hold on the card for the estimated charges for the room, then actually charge the card after check out.

David

RE: RE: Motel/Hotels and Credit Cards

by Randall_Burt

Thank You Everyone. It.s been a while since I was into traveling and since then I don't have one of those plastic cards anymore. Traveling was My only reason to have a credit card. I don't want to get caught up in the creditcard thing again. To easy to spend and use, and to hard to pay off.

Comments