3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand Strand Inn & Suites
Travelocity Booking.com Orbitz.com

Rated 10% higher but also costs 33% more than other 3.5 star hotels

• A Great Hotel

This truly is a great place to stay. My family and I had a large group of seven including four children. Even with such a large group we were able to enjoy our vacation. We started by visiting family members and spending a day at an amusment park. We were then planning on staying a night at a comfort inn and driving to the beach the next morning, but decided to start driving that night, so we would have more time at the beach. We stayed a night at the Best Western and the next day checked into the Bar Harbor hotel. We did't spend more than fifteen minutes at bar harbor because we checked out imidiantly and went back to stay at the Best Western, because it was Bar harbor filthy and uncomturable.

Unique Quality: One of the best things about this hotel is the lazy river. my family spent many hours enjoing the relaxation of it's warm waters while watching the kids play and swim nearby. There is also great resturaunts in walking distance, a beach in the back and the best aquarium i have ever been to about 15 minutes away

More about Best Western Grand Strand Inn And Suites

peaceful and relaxing

We had hoped to experience some serious R & R while just my husband and I got the opportunity to be away alone for a week. The winter has been long in Ohio and we have had some family challenges, so it was especially important to us. We were not disappointed! The suite we had was perfect and the Housekeeping service worked around us, always with a very pleasant attitude. (I believe Rena was her name.) So, our schedule was--do whatever we wanted when we wanted which you all supported in every way. Thank you again and again! We plan to return possibly in the fall and possibly beachfront this time!

Very Nice for the Price

Stayed with my wife and 16 year-old son. We had a first floor room across the street from the ocean front. The room was fine and the staff was very pleasant. The continental breakfast was a nice touch, but get there early, because seating is very limited. They charge extra for my 16 year-old and consider him a third adult, which is kind of silly because he is a minor and travelling with his family, but so it goes. Access to the beach was easy, right across the street. Overall, very satisfactory.

Great place to stay for unbelievable price

by TripAdvisor Member MemphisLove2travel

My family took a vacation to Myrtle Beach from June 16-19. I had read the reviews but still didn't know what to expect. The hotel was absolutely the best. We had a full kitchen area that included stove, refrigator, microwave and dishes. We even used the BBQ grill at the rental property next to the hotel and grilled out. The kids really had a ball in the pool and not to even mention have great the beach was. There are 2 Best Western Grand Strand right across the street from each other. We stayed at the one at 1804 S. Ocean Blvd. The rooms were spacious and we really enjoyed the rocking chairs on the balcony. The price of the rooms were worth every penny that we spent. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. This will be the only place I will stay from here on out while in Myrtle Beach.

Enjoyed the Best Western

My family and I stayed at this hotel from July 5-July 10th. We were originally going to stay for three nights, but after having such a great time at the beach and the local attractions, we extended our stay two more nights. We stayed at an room with a fully equipped kitchen area which made us feel right at home. With a 4 1/2 year old girl and a 7 month year old baby boy, the kitchen came in handy with making lunches and heating up baby food. The hotel provided us with a pack n play type crib for the baby in which he slept very nicely. We had a room on the first floor of the oceanfront building, which provided a great view of the beach. The room was very clean and had a DVD player which kept my daughter entertained after dinner. I would recommend this hotel to anyone with a family of small children since it is close to everything Myrtle Beach has to offer.

Service with a Smile

We spent 2 nights at the Grand Strand in Myrtle Beach during our 8 day road trip in 3 southern states. We rushed out of the room on checkout day leaving the cell phone charger and a favorite king size pillow. Neither were expensive, but we did want the charger. I called the front desk that evening and they were able to put us in touch with housekeeping. Housekeeping located and confirmed our lost items. The housekeeping and front desk staff were very helpful and left several message about their efforts to locate & return our lost charger. I was amazed at the amount of effort the Best Western team made to reunite us with our things. That helpful attitude started with "Jack" on the reservation desk and radiated with all of the service staff. It is a nice hotel for a vacationing family!

Where excellence is expected and delivered

We stayed for 6 days at this hotel and never once regreted choosing it. We did so based on tripadvisor.com reviews after our plans to go to Florida were dashed by Hurricane Dennis.

We stayed on the 5th floor of the beachfront building. It was clean, the staff was excellent, the beds were the most comfortable I've ever slept on in a hotel, and the view was great. My children loved the lazy river and the pool and I loved being right on the beach.

No problems with crossing the street from the beachfront to the pool/main building. The drivers seem to understand pedestrians have the right of way.

This was just a great experience, and we'll go back again. I highly recommend!

Great Price on a Great Room

by TripAdvisor Member Pinkfishlady

We stayed 2 nights at the new beachfront building of the Best Western Grand Strand and loved it. The weekday price (we got a manager's discount rate by calling direct to the hotel) is an amazing deal considering the location--just steps from the beach--and the quality of the room. Our king suite included a separate living room area, a full kitchen, and a balcony (with rocking chairs) that overlooked the beach. The room was clean, clean, clean and it had top-of-the-line features that you wouldn't necessarily expect in a Best Western--pillow-top mattress, slate tiles in bathroom & kitchen, & lovely decor. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only drawback is the pool situation. The pool for the hotel is located at the main building across Ocean Blvd. (getting across can be like the video game Frogger), but it is a nice pool area. We were told we could also use the pool at the Quality Inn next door, but it was behind a bldg. that is being renovated and is not that nice. Ultimately, however, the pool situation was irrelevant as the ocean waves were right outside our door. We highly recommend the beachfront building of the BW Grand Strand!

Very clean and kid friendly

We stayed here from July 22 - 25 and this was our second time staying. The first time we came here was because we had no where else to stay because we had not made reservations at our hotel we usually stay at which is the Sea Mist. We liked it before but thought we would stay with the Sea Mist since that is where we have always stayed. Well once again we waited until the last minute to make reservations at the Sea Mist and they were not able to accomodate us. So I called the Best Western Grand Strand and they only had 2 rooms available, a 2 bedroom and a single queen bed. Well we took the queen and brought an air mattress which turned out to be fine. I thought the room was gonna be too small for 2 adults and a 5 yr. old, but it was just fine. The room was very, very clean. The staff was very polite and helpful, our room was directly across from the pool, and it was never too crowded. I had an absolutely great time here and will not be returning to the Sea Mist, yes it may have more amenities but it is definately better here.

Very Nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Kahuna51

We just returned from a week at Best Western Grand Strand in the beachfront building and the room was everything we expected. Sometimes pictures and descriptions on the internet can be mis-leading but we where very pleased. It was very clean and well maintained and the staff was very nice. One of the reasons I didn't rate it excellent was the location (about 2 miles from the south end of Ocean Blvd.) and the lack of restaruants etc. in walking distance, of course that can't be blamed on the hotel. Also there was a discrepancy between the rate quoted on the phone and the one they tried to charge but they honored the phone quote after a short discussion.
We enjoyed our stay at the hotel very much and if we return to Myrtle Beach (another story) we absolutley would stay there again. They said by next spring they will also have an indoor pool in addition to the outdoor pool and lazy river they have now.

Comments