2301 North Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29578, United States
Booking.com Tingo.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Boardwalk Beach Resort

Best Motel in Myrtle Beach

Our recent stay at the Boardwalk Beach Resort was the best experience my family has had. We have been going to Myrtle Beach for the past 15 years and our stay in the new tower was a delightful experience. The children really enjoyed the lazy river and pools, my wife was throughly pleased with cleanliness and upkeep of the rooms. Many of the places we have stayed in Myrtle Beach tend to be well worn, this was an exception. We can't wait for our next visit.

Learned a Lesson - HORRIBLE - NEVER AGAIN!!!

Stayed in August 2003 - Where do I begin; there's so much to say about this rat-trap. We booked the hotel (resort? HA!) since it was in the AAA Guidebook and figured they would only list it if it was acceptable - boy did we ever learn a lot about their 'inspection' system.

The only good thing about this place was, for us, that we only stayed one night and got a bit of conversation out of it. This was by far the WORST hotel my family and I have EVER stayed at! Upon arrival, it was a bit like an explorer's expedition - we discovered so many things...

Like, for instance: the hallways smelled like urine, the door to our room was swelled shut (we had to ask maintenance to help us open and then re-close it), the "suite" (right!!) itself reeked of something unmentionable, the kitchenette was pre-1950's style, (we wouldn't dare use any of the kitchen utensils - the place was so dirty and smelled so awful there's no way we would have eaten, let alone, cooked there)...

The discoveries continued...four of the lights in the unit did not work (3 were burned-out and 1 didn't work because a circuit breaker was blown), the A/C was on the same line as the bad breaker so the room was hot (maintenance fixed it after 2 hours and 4 phonecalls to the front desk), another lamp was flickering and when I tried to jiggle the on/off switch I got an electric shock, the A/C had - get this - piles of seagull droppings on the INSIDE of the air vents (no kidding - it was clear that someone left the balcony door open at some point and birds were obviously nesting in the room), the bathroom towels had soil on them - were clearly used and not laundered (how thoughtful to pre-soften them for us!), the one overhead bathroom light was burned-out (not a good situation in the middle of the night), the 'lazy river' and pools were murky and, finally, there was not enough parking at any of the towers for guests, so if you didn't get in early enough in the evening, you get stuck parking across the street and out of the way.

We tried to finish off a wonderful summer family vacation in Florida with a side-trip to Myrtle Beach -Unfortunately the Boardwalk left an awful taste in all of our mouths - not how you want to end your holiday. It was a learning experience (check the reviews first!!!) and I can only hope our experience will help someone else avoid the same!

Never Again

by TripAdvisor Member blecount

The room was adequate, though the kitchenette was misleading (a microwave and mini-refrigerator shoved in the closet). The a/c worked fine for the first three nights, but maintenance decided to adjust it and ended up causing it to work barely adequately the fourth night. I guess we were warned that Central Myrtle beach becomes party central as the week progresses. But, after 3 good nights in town, we were starting to find it hard to believe. Were we wrong! Upon getting back to our hotel Thursday night around midnight, Ocean Blvd. was backed up as far as the eye could see, mostly with teenage and young adult drivers. Up in our room on the fourth floor, our room actually vibrated as some of the cars with their stereo?s blaring, passed by (and we were not on the street side.) This macabre nightmare went on until 2AM when the clubs closed. Then, the young adults decided to carry the party into the street. No less then 15 teenagers congregated on the street in front of our hotel until 4AM. Needless to say, we didn?t get any sleep that night. Knowing that it was only going to be worse Friday night, and seeing the mass exodus from our hotel that morning, we decided to check-out a day early. Another disaster was the check-out. It seems our hotel, The Boardwalk, does not give refunds for days you don?t use. When we told them we had to leave because of the noise the night before, they informed us that hotel security would have taken care of it had they been alerted. When we told them the group stood outside for two hours and hotel security never noticed, we were told he must have been busy on the other side of the grounds. I?ve never ever stayed at a hotel that did not refund your money for time not stayed. And, I was not the only one at the desk trying to check out early after that awful night. Another lady who had rented many rooms for her family reunion was overheard saying to the hotel clerk, "There are many things you could do but can't provide!". Also, I?ve never been at a hotel that charged $5 for the privilege to use the room key. It was a miserable experience dealing with the manager, and I would encourage everyone not to patronize The Boardwalk Resort.

Reviews might have changed my mind about staying again

I stayed at the Boardwalk about 2 or 3 years ago before the new tower and the lazy river was built. It was a pretty pleasant experience. I think the only major issue I had was the smell of urine lingering around the hallways and stairwyas, but I have noticed this problem at a number of hotels at the beach. I also found it quite different that I had to put down a deposit on the room key, I have NEVER had to do that before. The staff was friendly at the time and I have always considered them to be a place where I would consider staying again. However I am currently planning another vacation to Myrtle Beach in a couple of months and because there have been some obvious changes since my last stay, I decided to look at some of the recent ratings and I am not pleased with what I see, so I may be staying elsewhere for my vacation seeing as how most of the reviews I have read have been negative.

awesome

we booked a reservation at a hotel (merdian) next door room was awful....deceided to go next door and was offered the same rate that we were supposed to pay at the other hotel....the staff at boardwalk was wonderful...very helpful....made our trip turn out 100% better than merdian and would stay at boardwalk again....we stayed in the new tower and the room was very clean and just what we needed. thanks again for a wonderful time in myrtle beach!!!!!!

Best Place to stay in Myrtle Beach

Stayed at the resort for a long weekend and had a great time. The staff was friendly and went out of their way to book show tickets and help us with the area attractions. The rooms are clean and well taken care of.
The housekeeping staff does a great job. The next time I come to the beach I will definately stay at the Boardwalk again.

A Must Stay

My first visit to Myrtle Beach and I was extremely happy I chose the Boardwalk for my hotel. The check in went smooth as the clerk was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were very clean. I stayed in the South Tower and for the price, it was very nice. The hotel is very centrally located and a lot of things are an easy walk (if you like walking). I will plan on staying here again in the near future.

Only Place to Stay and Play in Myrtle

A recent golf trip to Myrtle turned out to be our best yet. The golf department as well as the front desk was very friendly and accommodating to our many changes. Rooms were spacious and clean and the golf courses were great. The Boardwalk will be our place from now on.

Big surprise at the Boardwalk

by TripAdvisor Member 30052Ron

After reading some of the negative reviews about the Boardwalk I admit I was nervous when my wife and daughter left home for the weekend to stay at the Boardwalk. As soon as they arrived they called me and couldn't say enough good things about the Boardwalk and Myrtle Beach in general. My wife went as far as to say it was the nicest room she had ever had at the beach. My family's experience has been positive and I would recommend the Boardwalk especially at the rate we received which was about half of the rate at similar places in the area.

Almost Perfect

The boardwalk was a bit old (North Tower) but perfect for my husband and I. The room was perfect for the two of us and couldn't ask for better staff/housekeeping. We always had clean towels and sheets. The pools were clean and well kept, and the location was perfect. We would stay again anytime.

surfing on the beach....sorry, i forgot the name.surfing on the beach....sorry, i forgot the name.

Me partying with the girlsMe partying with the girls

Surfside PierSurfside Pier