Breakers North Towers

Oceanfront at 21st and 27th Aveue North, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29577, United States
Breakers Resort North Tower
Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

More about Breakers North Towers

Only 6 blocks to the indoor pool

Weekend visit to the beach for some R & R. Very very,small room,I thought we were in Paris. No more than 18 inches from the end of the bed to the dresser. This was obviously a room designed for one bed and retro fitted to hold two doubles. Over all it was clean and in pretty good shape. Hotel staff ok. What the website doesn't tell you and the reservationist forgot to tell when I made the reservation, was that the North Building is 6 blocks from the main resort. All of the resort features, lazy river, in door swim pool, restaurant, cook shop etc. is down the street. Why did we pay an extra $6 a day for the "resort charge" when none of the services are in the North Building. Simple truth is you can do far better than the Breakers North Tower just about anywhere on North Ocean Blvd.

Great value--Breakers won't break your heart

by TripAdvisor Member jekgirl

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at The Breakers Boutique North Tower from 9/7 (Wed) to 9/9 (Fri). See the pictures that I’ve uploaded to get a good sense of the rooms and views. The hotel's location was extremely convenient. Our stay was “above average,” but the North Tower isn’t a 4-5 star resort. To provide you with some travel history, I’ve stayed at 4-5 star resorts, including Paradise Village Beach Resort and Spa in Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico, Eden Roc Miami Beach, A Renaissance Resort & Spa, Hyatt Regency Scottsdale at Gainey Ranch, and Embassy Suites Resort Ka'anapali in Maui. I would say that the North Tower is more of a 3-star oceanfront hotel. I was more than satisfied with my $64/night stay. Our room and the hotel’s facilities were clean and well kept. Our beds were made and our towels were replaced daily (we left daily tips for the maid). The parking was across the street, which was not a problem. Obviously if you’re expecting a 4-5 star resort, you will be disappointed. My boyfriend and I agreed that we would definitely stay at the Breakers North Tower again.

You can ask the front desk rep for a bracelet that lasts the week to be used at the main Breakers Resort and the Paradise Tower. We were too lazy to venture down to the main resort as it was about 6 blocks south from the North Tower. We stuck with the North Tower pool and hot tub, which rarely had people and were clean. Occasionally some woodchips and sand from the surrounding areas fell into the pool/hot tub, but I felt that they were acceptable levels. There were no kids in the pool, probably because it was a couple of days after Labor Day and considered “off season”. We loved going in the non-peak season as we didn’t have to deal with lines and hordes of families.

This was my first time in Myrtle Beach. I thought that the ocean area was very clean, especially since it’s a public access beach. There are a lot of shells on the beach for shell collectors. The waves were very strong and the $5 boogie board that we bought came in handy. We left a beach blanket with our personal belongings in a bag and never had to worry while we played in the ocean.

Complaints: The mini fridge in the room STUNK! We didn’t complain since we didn’t need to use it. The balcony door was very hard to open. There wasn’t a great selection of food options by the beach. The spaces in the parking garage were tight, especially for larger cars. I think that’s a universal Myrtle Beach parking lot issue. The hotel only has 2 elevators, so they’re bound to be slow if there’s a lot of traffic. We never had to wait more than 5 minutes for an elevator. The front desk failed to pick up the phone in the 1 out of 5 times that we called downstairs. They were very helpful with restaurant recommendations. Don’t expect 4/5-star hotel amenities, including a free newspaper, stationery/pen, brand name shampoo and soap, conditioner, and robe/slippers. I can understand some of the other reviewer’s complaints about the North Tower, especially if they stayed during the peak season. The hotel is bound to be harder to maintain when there are a lot of families staying as guests.

Fun attractions in Myrtle Beach included Nascar Speedpark and Ripley’s Aquarium (located at Broadway at the Beach). We passed by Ripley’s Believe It or Not, Haunted Theater, and 4-D Moving Theater by Myrtle Beach Pavilion. They didn’t look that big or great, so I was glad that we went to the Aquarium. We dined at the Sea Captain’s House Restaurant (http://www.seacaptains.com/). The appetizers were great (crab cakes and crab dip), but we (and our 5 other friends) weren’t particularly impressed with the main entrees. Note that a lot of restaurants close before 10pm.

Awesome room

My sister and I stayed at the Breakers North Tower from July 13-17th. We thought the hotel room itself was absolutely fabulous. We had a one bedroom oceanfront suite with full kitchen. It was very clean, we were happily surprised that it came with it's own washer and dryer and the view was breathtaking. We couldn't hear much other commotion from other guests with the exception of a door slamming here and there. The pools all were working and nice and the lazy river was fun. Air conditioners worked well and were on full blast as it is very humid. The beach was nice and clean and familys with small children walked the shoreline safely late into the night. As for the rest it was okay. half the pop machines didn't work and nobody seemed to know where much was. We were dissapointed that there wasn't any restaurants located within the hotel. We found the Sea Captain's House on our own and if you want to go to a beautiful nice place to eat on the beach I highly recommend it. I would also recommend Pier 14 for a bit of a more fun, relaxed atmosphere. If you want nightlife definately go to Kryptonite for Dancing and this little bar called Marti's for great live bands and a wild and fun time. I would definately go back.

Perfect Hotel to stay at

The Breakers was a really nice hotel when we stayed there, we go to
Myrtle Beach almost every year. This was a great hotel to stay at. Good service, nice rooms, good view of the ocean. Just a great hotel all around.

awesome place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member coorsbeer

Just returned from a week long stay at Beakers North. First time staying there. My family and I were very impressed with everything. A little crowded parking while unloading the car at check in, but everything else made up for it. The staff at check in was very professional. We were on the 12th floor, and I watched the grounds staff clean the pool every morning as I read the morning paper. Plenty of pool side chaise lounge chairs pool side. The weather was almost too hot. The room was clean and the maids did a good job daily. If you want to go to a nice place to eat, go to Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville. It is at Broadway at the Beach. Go early to put your name on the wait list, as it is usually very busy, but worth the wait. We will definately be going back to the Breakers.

Wouldn't stay here ever again even if they paid me!

by TripAdvisor Member LBMOILVU

We stayed here the week of August 20th. This was by far the worst hotel we have stayed at. Our room was so filthy and small, 2 people couldn't stand beside each other between beds. We asked for another room no luck they were supposedly fully booked, we even offered to pay for an upgrade!Then we discovered the toilet was broke we called down and they sent up a maintence man,he said it couldn't be fixed he would get us moved I told him they were all booked. Well, we were moved to a slightly bigger room w/an ocean view.Big deal!We had to tip the worker!And on top of that he said they had 160 empty rooms! What a huge dissappointment. All I can say is that is one very nasty place. Then as we were checking out 2 little girls came to the front desk and told the staff that they were swimming in the pool and there was to quote them"a piece of ---" I mean oh my gosh can it be any worse. I was just so so relieved we didn't use the pool area!They don't clean up after the guests, when they mowed the grass no one cleaned off the walking areas so grass clippings were walked into the pools and inside,finger prints were on the doors and I mean for the 2 days we were there it was not cleaned. Just a horrible experience.

Dirty Dirty Dirty

by TripAdvisor Member TjGolf

The Breakers was just renovated, which means painted to cover all the dirt. I spent the past week there and would not recommend it to anyone. Room was small and dirty. If you complain about a problem, ice machine broke, air conditioner not working properly are elevator doors not opening with you stuck inside don't brother. You'll get I know are really.
Sheets were not changed and same towels placed back up to dry and use again. Carpet full of stains. Never used the pools as I could see their condition, dirty from my room. You can't change rooms and no refunds on bookings. One they have your money they have you too.....

The beds will break your back

This was one of the worst hotels I've stayed at. The beds will break your back. They are SO uncomfortable. The rooms are small, if you get an oceanview "effeciency" (that means you have a refridgerator across from the bed... You get NO extra room), you can barely see the beach from the balcony. It's more a view of the hotel next to you. On top of that the service was horrible, front desk staff was very rude, the breakfast buffet was TERRIBLE and the room was filthy. The bathroom had mold growing from the ceiling. I asked to check out after one night because the beds were hard as a rock and I got virtually no sleep. This seemed to anger the front desk, but reluctantly they let me check out. The halls were nasty and smelled. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Not worth the money

Thought we were going to be staying in a very nice hotel, but it was just okay. We paid for a 1 bedroom oceanfront and were very disappointed. I would actually call it a side view, did not directly face the ocean, but rather half ocean and half the hotel next door, which was a very cheap hotel where we had to watch a bunch of drunk kids on their balcony partying and yelling all night. The kitchen was dirty and some of the cabinet doors were ready to fall off. Air conditioner in room was very loud. Second balcony facing front of hotel was not even big enough for two people to stand on, much less sit on. Parking garage across street was a pain to navigate, very tight quarters. Front desk staff was not friendly or knowledgeable about beach attractions. There was always a very long wait for the elevator, we even used the staff elevator on several occasions to avoid the long wait. I would not stay at this hotel again and would not recommend it.

Nice Room, but

We've stayed at the Breakers many times over the past seven years.. This visit was our second stay at the Breaker's North Tower. It has been completely remodeled and the rooms were very nice. The room was tastefully decorated. I liked the fact that the whole building was designated “Smoke Free.” Unfortunately we booked the lowest priced room. The only problem I had with the room was that is was too small for two full size beds and the huge dresser. There was no table. I think the size of the room would have worked better with one queen size bed, and a small table with chairs. Next time I'll stay at one of the other Breakers so as to be closer to their bigger variety of pools and amenities.
Also, even though our maid was very nice, she would fail to put the spread back on the bed and would only take some of our dirty towels.

Comments