2000 North Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29577, United States

Travelocity Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 123% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• iam1wthee's Profile Photo

Camelot By The Sea

Loved the location, facilities, and amenities. We had a fully equipped kitchen, ample storage, ample closets with plenty of hangers, private balcony, nice sized bathroom, decent gym, and my favorite the jacuzzi.
    Was not too crazy about one of the maids because she did not make our bed nor give us toilet tissue. We had to complain. Also not crazy about the fact that they don't provide kleenex.
    Otherwise everyone else was great .. front desk, maintenance, bellhop, security.

Unique Quality: They have a lazy river, hot tub, indoor and outdoor pool. We were on the 12th floor oceanfront. We saw a few dolphins from the terrace - simply amazing. At night we could also see the fireworks by the ferris wheel pier. There was a dvd player and dvds in the room. Free newspaper is provided in the lobby. 2 flat screen tvs with a good amount of cable stations.

It was easy to get around on foot, by bus, and taxi.

Directions: myrtle beach grand stand
    1 block from #15 bus
    only a few blocks from the boardwalk
    3 blocks from the convention center
    9 blocks from the amusement pier
    11 blocks from ripleys boardwalk

• Great central location on the beach

The service at Camelot was first rate. I was a walk in, and they got me a deal for under $100 for a suite with two queen size beds (they were out of kings), a kitchen and a third room with a TV, couch and table. All rooms have an ocean view, and the location could not be much better. You're about a mile from Broadway At the Beach, and in a good central location between North Myrtle Beach and Murrell's Inlet. The rooms are very clean; the only problem I had was the walls are a bit thin so sometimes I could hear the neighbors.

Unique Quality: Central location. You also have several good places to eat within walking distance, inclding a good sushi spot, an oyster bar, and the Bagel Factory for breakfast. There's a beach store with a small conveninece store right across the street, and a beach bar right next door. You could stay a weekend without using your car and enjoy yourself if you were inclined.

Directions: Between Breakers Resort and

More about Camelot By The Sea

Great View

We spent 8 nights here over the 4th of July. I had read most of these reviews and once I lowered my expectations, I loved my hotel. If you are looking for a luxury, themed hotel this is not it. In fact the only costumes we saw were on the front desk personnal. They looked uncomfortable and hot wearing them. There is not a restaurant or a bar.
There are vending machines and a little store attached to the hotel. If you are looking for a place to park your car and for a beautiful view of the ocean from your own balcony, the Camelot is a great place. We had fresh towels for the bathroom and the kitchen each day. The room was vacuumed when we requested it to be and the sheets were offered every 3 days. The housekeeping staff had a great sense of humor and they were very helpful, all we had to do was ask. The pool's were clean and the grounds were taken care of every evening. The beach was clean and beautiful. The elevator's were the only problem. They are HOT and they frequently get stalled or break down. The stairs are an option however they smell bad so hold your breath and run.

Camelot was less than we expected

Our stay at Camelot was okay. The view was great. However, our room was a little run down and had an unpleasant odor. Our bedroom was at the entrance to our room, so we had a problem with noise. We had to call security one night to take care of the problem. The response was prompt. There was also a problem with light coming into the bedroom. It was like daylight in the room all night long due to the spotlights shining on the front of the hotel. We had to put towels all around the window at night to be able to sleep. The general appearance inside the hotel was just a little rundown. The plants that had been placed around the indoor pool area had all died. There were some empty pots just sitting around. This gave the appearance of no one caring about the atmosphere. Our stay was not unpleasant, but I would not stay at Camelot again and I would not recommend it to others.

Camelot Heaven

I loved the idea of the garage by your room. The garage was big enough to fit 2 cars and a big plus.

When we arrived on Saturday, we found that our socks were getting dirty. We called the front desk and that Monday,(when the regular workers were back), they cleaned our carpet. No problem. People come in from the garage and bring grease with them on their shoes, but everything was taken care of. No more dirty socks. Everything worked and the room and view were great. I can't complain about this place, it was great all around. We just loved it.

overrated

camelot is overpriced and overrated as a resort hotel. elevators are crowded with long waits. the rooms are long but narrow.and the garage is a nuisance, everytime i went out i had to circle 10 floors.the pool, main pool, is small and crowded with kids throwing things impossible to relax lest you get in the head with something. never again!

Would recommend Camelot!

by TripAdvisor Member StonyBrookGirl

Ok here is the deal folks: My husband and I stayed at Camelot by the Sea Aug. 9th to Aug. 17th 2003. We thought it was excellent despite the mixed reviews here.. Let me say that I am one picky person when it comes to hotel accommodations. Originally we had reservations next door @ Sandcastle. A DUMP! We left and lost one night's room and tax as soon as we checked it b/c room was small and far less than we expected. I spotted Camelot and went in and they said no rooms available. As I was heading out the door they had cancellation and we got the last room in the hotel! I actually went to the room before we gave them any credit card. Nice hotel, loved pools, ocean view in room. I worked in hotels so I know hotel.. I thought it was great! We did not encounter any rude staff at all-all were friendly and efficient.. Advice: Thoroughly investigate your hotel. In Myrtle Beach the hotels/resorts are either great or they are dumps. Before we left we physically stepped foot in others hotels so we know what we are booking next yr. Camelot was great and we would stay again... Mary & Keith Teeter Richmond, VA

Great Family Place!

Camelot was a great time! True, if you are lookly for a truly theme hotel, it's not the place, but it's a great family place to stay! I went with my parents, sister, brother-in-law and two nephews and the two-bedroom suite was perfect! The views were great and my nephews had a blast at the pools. There's a great seafood buffett within walking distance, a convenience store downstairs and a Starbucks across the street! We even walked down to the Pavillion (about 15 minute walk).
The parking arrangement was very convenient and packing and unpacking the cars were fast and easy! It's not a "resort" hotel, but definitely a great place for families!

Great time

We truly enjoyed our stay at Camelot. We go to Myrtle Beach every year and will certainly stay at this resort again. It is not a 6 star resort, but we have never found one in Myrtle. We had a 1 bedroom suite, with a well stocked kitchen and a spacious bathroom. The room was clean, front-desk staff was courteous, and parking was never an issue. Only negative was the light that came in around the drapes in the bedroom at night from the flood lights on the front of the building.

2003 Is not like 2002

by TripAdvisor Member bharden2003

I stayed at the Camelot by the Sea during the 2002 and 2003 Labor day holiday and things were not the same. The carpet needed to be clean, the bathroom floor needed a good scrubbing. The bed spread looked like it had not been cleaned since we were there last. I was very skeptical to book this hotel again this year after reading some of the reviews, but I thought I would give it another try. I should have know better, because in 2001, I made a tragic mistake and stayed at the Patricia Grand another one of their properties. I chose the Camlelot because it was new. I now see that the owners are banking the maintenance fees because no money is being put back into the hotel. The beds feel like you are sleeping on 2 box springs. This has been my last stay at the Camelot. 2002 was a wonderful hotel experience 2003 at Camelot was not the same.

Great Stay and a Great Time

I just got back from Myrtle Beach and I have to say that my wife and I had a fantastic time. Camelot By The Sea was wonderful! Thankfully, it was not a cheesy theme hotel. It was beautiful, and immaculately clean.
After years and years of hopping Myrtle Beach hotels, I believe I have finally found one that I am going to stay in consistently. I recommend at stay here to anyone!

Comments