Captain's Quarters Motel

Captains Quarters Resort
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

• Motel full of thieves

This motel just offered up a night mare for my family. The maid stole my purse out of my room. The management with held information that would have helped me. The manager had my wallet that was found in the garbage, before I discovered it missing. Yet when I called to see if anything had been turned in they said no. Before we left we heard others complaining they were missing things out of their cars, and their rooms. Beware Beware Beware, Its not worth it. There is many more good motels to choose from, without fear of getting raped. My husband is critically ill. We seen this vacation as possibly the last we might have with him. the stress made him worse.

Directions: myrtle beach

• I'd Go Back to This Hotel Anytime

We stayed in a room with a King bed and a sofa bed for our son. They were in separate rooms with a door between them for privacy. We each had our own television as well. There was a complete kitchen where I made breakfast everyday and some lunches. We ate out for dinner each night as prices were very reasonable and there were many restaurants to chose from.

Unique Quality: This hotel includes an indoor bowling alley and a video games room. It has an indoor pool and outdoor pool. Since we have been there they have added a lazy river. There is also an on-site oceanfront restaurant.

More about Captain's Quarters Motel

very dirty hotel

by TripAdvisor Member sammy123478

we stayed at the hotel for two nights march 30 & march31st. when we walked in to hotel lobby everything was fine. we were given our room keys and went into an elevator that looked like a service elevator. it was dirty and smelly. we got out of the elevator to find that the hotel had trash in the plants and dirty railings along the whole hotel. the stairwells were not well lit. we went into our room and there was black hair in the shower and on the bathroom counter top. there was soap scum in the shower. the room smelled like smoke and we left the sliding glass door open in our room to air it out, but it didnt help.when we booked the trip it would have been nice to be told it was a smoking room. we went up to the bowling alley and there was a strong chemical smell throught the whole place. the pools seemed to be clean, we didnt go in them, but the noise that came from them until 1:00 am was not what we read in the rules. we called down to the lobby and they told us that it was ok for them to be making this much noise. there was one girl that kept screaming and she should have been told to be a little quiter at 1:00 am. after all we didnt get the room for free we did pay for it. we got up at 4:00 am to leave i couldnt take it anymore we went into the parking garage to find kids drinking beer at 4:00 am. the whole stay was not what we expected and i wouldnt recommend this hotel to anyone and i intend to write aaa and the chamber and the health department on this hotel.

Kids loved it.

by TripAdvisor Member oldcastle66

Our family stayed during early April. We booked two oceanfront rooms online and had no problems with any reservations. Upon arrival we was able to check in fairly early around noon.. This was a big plus for us. The hotel was under-going renovations but our rooms were clean and in proper order. The ocean temp was rather cool so the kids played in the HEATED OUTDOOR pools, spending most of there time at the sunken pirate ship(its a large outdoor kiddie pool) with that being said some of the carpeting was weathered, but speaking with hotel staff it was going to be replaced when the renovations were through. The bowling alley was nice/clean. All the elevators worked but some needed new flooring. Parking was never a problem since the garage was integrated into the hotel. We have stayed in nicer hotels, but the value was worth the stay.

Good Value & Close to Everything

by TripAdvisor Member happygirl26

This was our first visit to Myrtle Beach and chose this hotel for the indoor amenities in case the weather was cool or rainy. We loved the bowling alley/arcade and appreciated all of the indoor and outdoor pools, especially the Shipwreck Lagoon. The room was clean but slightly outdated. Loved having our own kitchen and two balconies. We had a room with 2 bdrms and 2 baths which worked great for a family of 5. We learned quickly to avoid the service elevator, as it was a little dirty and didn't always work well. The hotel was busy and we had to overlook rowdy college kids drinking poolside but we were right on the beach and we were close to all sorts of things to do. The restaurant was nice with a great view. It was definitely a family hotel and not a place for couples looking for a quiet getaway and for the price I think we got what we expected. It's not a Hilton and doesn't pretend to be! It was great having off-street covered parking as well. We'd probably stay there again although we'd more than likely try another hotel just to compare. Note that they're in the process of a room renovation and it would be nice to see what they're like when they're done.

Nasty.....Infections From Pools!!!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member awheath21

We went to the Captains Quaters march 22-24, first they got out reservations wrong and put us in the wrong rooms. After a few hours they did fix that and moved us to the correct rooms. The rooms were okay, the floors were NASTY. We started wearing shoes b/c our feet were black after walking on them for a few minutes. After we got home 2 adults and 3 children got sick. We took them to the Dr and 4 has bacterial ear infections and my 1 year old had Bacterial pneumonia. I contacted Captians Quarters & was told by Erica she would have the manager call me. Well the next day I never heard anything so I sent them an email still nothing, so i sent another email b/c I couldn't get an answer at the hotel. Still no response. I finally over a week and a half after my first call got someone on the phone she she said the manager Tim wasn't there but she would get a message to him. I asked her if the pools had been cleaned since I called over a week ago and she said yes, the clean them everynight. I asked her so they have drained the pools and cleaned them and refilled them and they do this everynight and she said yes! I told her there was no way they do that everynight. Well the next morning Tim finally returned my call and he could car less of what was going on. He said he would look into the records and would get back with me but as far as he could tell the pool levels were fine. I informed him that we had a follow up for my sons Bacterial pneumonia the next day and i would call him and let him know what happened. We went for his follow up and he still has it. So now after the first round of antibotics and breathing treatments on a 1 year old with prior RSV history we now have this to deal with. Now they have put him on Steriods and 2 different kinds of breathing treatments, not to mention everyone else who had to be on antibotics. I called Tim back and he could have cared less. He said he could put a claim in this his insurance and let them look into it. So i said so they can say nothing is wrong b/c now they have had time to clean the pools up. I asked him about how often the pools were cleaned. He said they clean them about every 3-4 weeks. NASTY!!!!
With so many people in and out of those pools and hotel you would think it would be cleaned more often. Not only that but they didn't care a bit. Now after $700 for rooms and now out over $300 for Dr visits and several different meds. I would never stay here again if they gave me a free MONTH!!!

April
Columbia, SC

Disappointment - great location, but rennovations badly needed

by TripAdvisor Member lrupe123

This place looked great online. We were looking for a beachfront family vacation spot with an indoor lazy river. We had two oceanfront rooms. Both were shabby, and the carpet was filthy. We couldn't go barefoot because our feet were black within minutes and wouldn't wash clean. The elevators were very slow, and the stairwells were filthy. Some of the rooms around us were being rennovated - completely gutted. But ours hadn't been done yet. The location was nice, but I wouldn't stay here again until the place has been completely cleaned up.

This hotel is a disaster

by TripAdvisor Member shere519

Let me just warn everyone to stay away from this Hotel. It is a total disaster and a disgrace to the industry. To begin, our room was a "premier suite" which was supposed to be oceanfront specifically. It turned out to be Angled oceanfront which is a big difference to me. Upon calling the desk, we were told that we had the best room they had". The amenities for the room were not to be found, such as DVD and MP3 player. These were minor problems, but need to be noted. The lobby area was total chaos, waiting over an hour to check in and the the staff was surly and stressed out. Even the staff we encountered on the elevators were disgruntled & complaining amongst themselves for all to hear. The Lazy River was actually green and the pool was a pretty unattractive color also.
Our problem began the 1st nite by getting in the Hot Tub, once we got out, we realized it had bleached all of our bathing suits to a
horrible gray color, completely removing the color from all 3 suits.
The next morning we stopped by the desk and spoke to the Manager who was clearly irritated at being spoke to about this. She implied that maybe our suits had arrived in that condition,ultimately she said she would have the Hot Tub's chlorine level tested and call our rooms with the results shortly.
She never did and after 3 hours of beach time gone for us, we stopped at the desk again. She disappeared the minute she saw us get in line and then when we asked to speak with her, she came out very aggravated and told us that she was supposed to be off today & was only here to do interviews and had no time for this. I told her we are also in the service industry and asked if not her, then who should we speak to She became very angry and ordered us to leave the hotel.We were made to leave and only given a refund for the 5 remaining nights.She informed us she had every right to keep that day's room rate as it was noon and after checkout time. Furthermore, we were not permitted to go and pack up our rooms until she could provide an escort which she managed to drag out for 2 hours. We had paid with a debit when reserving and therefore they credited back to our debit card which took 5 days. We were forced to use our disposable vacation cash to pay for a new Hotel,therefore depriving us of all the things we had came to do and see.
The staff here is the major problem, the Hotel itself could be cleaned up but they would need to be rid of the majority of the staff they have now in their front desk area.I have never been treated this way and could not have anticipated her reaction, and am still, in fact shocked by it.
I would advise everyone considering this Hotel to look elsewhere,read all the reviews. This is definetely a Hotel
in crisis due to their management.

Great Time!

by TripAdvisor Member volnut01

I was very worried about the hotel after reading the many negative reviews so I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. Check-in was very effecient, our room was great and very clean and the grounds were kept up very well. Our kids had a great time in the pools and the whole family really enjoyed Level 6 with the arcade, bowling and the bar. Although the elevator was slow at times it was never broken. The hotel is located very close to anything you would want to do or it has enough that you could have fun all day without ever having to leave!

Okay Place

by TripAdvisor Member KyRose_64

My husband and I just stayed here. I booked on-line and assumed we would be staying at Captains Quarters but had (I guess) booked a room next door at Ocean Inn. Upon check in, we were given a key and sent to Ocean Inn which was a total dump. We went back to the front desk and were (luckily) able to up grade to a room at the Captains Quarters. Although, we paid more than expected, we liked the room much better and was just greatful we didn't get stuck in the other motel. It was fairly clean and comfortable and was one of the recently remodeled rooms. We loved all the extras like the shippedwrecked lagoon (enjoyed by old and young alike), poolside bar and all the pools. Over all, we really enjoyed our stay.

Comments