6900 North Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29572, United States

Hotels.com Tingo.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

• Recent stay at Caravelle Resort

Room was updated, however found a roach.
    Beds were comfortable, however the pillows were flat. I had to double up, and put in my personal pillowcase. Kitchen area nice and clean. Furniture was clean. Nice size balcony.

Parking was challenging, mostly had to park in the overflow garage across the street during the evening hours. The walk across the street wasn't too bad.

Resort itself was ok. Only real gripe I have is the big so called hot tub outside, was barely lukewarm. I brought this to the attention of the Pool Man, who just simply stated he checked it already and it was 102 degrees. and walked the hell off!! HOW RUDE~ .......

So if you are staying at the Main Building the Spa is like 75 degree, and the Pool man does not like his job!
    I mean that is the ammentity that I look forward to. Caravelle needs to hire someone that wants and cares about complaints, and not just walk off.

THE POOL MAN SUCKS!!

Unique Quality: Great view. Room updated. Plenty of room. Pool was nice.

• Haize's Profile Photo

RIP-OFF

They make the hotel look great when you are looking online and it seems like such a great deal...well, you know the saying, "if it seems too good to be true, that's because it is." I booked a room at this hotel when I went down with friends for a marathon the weekend of February 18-20. I left my room for a couple of hours on Saturday to go down to the beach. When I left, housekeeping was on my floor. When I got back, my bag with all my clothes, my purse, my Canon SLR camera and a bag of jewelry was gone! I called the front desk and was essentially told that, "gosh, that sucks, but we're not liable." There was no forced entry into the room...an electronic key was used. I was told by the front desk that they had a key reader of some sort that would tell them every key that was used to open the door, but could never get them to bring out this miraculous machine while I was there. I filed a police report and we'll see how that goes, but I feel like I made a huge mistake going with the "good deal" I found online because it ended up costing so much more in the long run. I cannot explain the lack of concern with the staff in the fact that a patron staying at their place of business was robbed. My stuff was taken out of a locked room. A staff member asked if I wasn't utilizing the room safe...which granted, I wasn't, but even if I had, it was too small to place my camera in, let alone my duffle bag with all my clothes and my purse. There is no security at this hotel...none...no cameras, no security gaurds, nothing. If you value your friends, family, children, I would think twice before booking here. Well, I take that back...the only place that there are cameras is at the front desk, I suppose to ensure the staff is safe from...robbery. I have since seen other reviews about the hotel that involved room theft...I wish I had seen those beforehand. I am not trying to say that someone working at the hotel robbed me, but since this has happened, it has become very clear that this happened numerous times at this location, even though I was told that it has NEVER happened before. I asked the police officer that took my report, if he had been out there for anything like this before and he said that he had been out there for a similar report less than a year ago...and that's just one cop...I'd like to ask the others. PLEASE,DO NOT BOOK YOUR STAY HERE!!!

Unique Quality: The hotel is in a good location, but outside from that, the rooms are dated and smell and there is NO SECURITY. The staff were very unpleasant.

• On a slippery slope

We stayed at the Caravelle for 2 winter months in 2009, and had few complaints, other than we had to call for security a number of times to close the pool late at night when left open and it became very noisy in the area, and made it impossible to sleep. This year (2010) we booked in for 3 winter months. 1 month has gone and we are not looking forward to the 2 months left.
    The fire alarm has gone off 4 or 5 times, twice in one night--first at about 9;30 pm, and next about 4;00 am. Their response is that "we are working on it"".

The most annoying problem is in the indoor swimming pool area. We, and others have constantly complained about the cold water temperature in the pool, making it uncomfortable, if not impossible to swim. There have been breakdowns in the equipment in both hot tubs, and the temperature of the tubs were so cold , one could not get in the water. This was always rectified, but only to break down again. We feel that we may as well left our bathing suits at home. We were told by staff that we could use the pool at an adjoining hotel, but it was closed for major repairs, and to date, has never been open. Front desk staff, for the most part, has been friendly and helpful, but when rude, they are extremely so. Not a pleasant stay--and maybe the last at this resort. We have heard others make the similar remarks.

Directions: Northern area of Myrtle Beach

• Change of heart

my family vacationed at the Caravelle for at least four years. This year (August 2009) we arrived to find we were given a room with a lot less square footage than we usually get, on the very same floor we usually stay on. We complained and thought all would be back to normal when we were given another room on the same floor. However, the mattresses in the new room were very hard and thin. When I complained to the front desk, they were less than helpful and told me most of the unit's are individually owned and I had no recourse for dealing with the "firm" mattresses. I could not sleep another night on it, and was forced to check out two days early. I like the location, but feel the staff are not friendly, and have no interest in solving problems for their guests. The elevators are very slow, and the common area around the ice machine on 5th floor is always wet. Individual ownership leads to a quality control gap and creates a hotel that is inconsistent at best. I always thought highly of this place, but now I would never recommend it to anyone. The young girl working the front desk did not even know what the Chamber of Commerce was! I guess when your hotel is at max occupancy, you no longer care about individual patrons. Well, that type of management philosophy will eventually come back to haunt you. I wonder if management has recently changed hands???

Unique Quality: The location is good with easy access to the beach.

Directions: located between down town MB and North MB.

• Chaos at the Caravelle! No r&r here!

I would not recommend this resort to families until improvements are made in security. The facilities themselves are very nice however while visiting from June 29,2007 - July 7, 2007 I found complete chaos. There were poolside fights, someone tried to take my bag and towel away from me, and there were two major evacuations that were false alarms. One came around 8:00AM and the other at 1:00AM! Just when everyone was sleeping! There was a lack of adequete security presence in the facilities and the place ran amuck! Not a place you want to take your children as the circumstances were very dangerous and could have been much worse!

• Gra8ful's Profile Photo

A Family FUN Place

Nice place to stay the people who work there are very nice. Be sure to leave them a tip and you will get all the towels you need ;-)

Unique Quality: The Caravelle Resort is a place I would recommend with over 600 rooms one, two or three bedrooms as well as condos. Beautiful tropical landscaping featuring a large lazy river, kiddie pool, indoor and outdoor hot tubs large outdoor pool, sauna, exercise room, snack bar, ice cream shop, sandwich shop, as well as many different packages such as the Golf and Family and Entertainment packages. We get the family package with that a family with 2 adults and 2 children can get a breakfast buffet each morning as well as 16 tickets to different area attractions. Children just love all the different activities throughout the day pool side

Directions: 6900 North Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach South Carolina

More about Caravelle Resort

Caravelle was okay

by TripAdvisor Member irondequoitmom

The Caravelle was okay. The rooms were nicely furnished except for the kitchen that was too small to do much of anything! The cleaning staff did not do much cleaning at all on a daily basis. I thought the pools looked dirty. Nice beach access, friendly staff.

We had a great time, with a great view

I was impressed with the layout of our hotel room which accomodated our family of 6. The view from the balcony served as a perfect spot for relaxation any time of the day. If I had to make any suggestions for improvements, it would be for better parking at the St. Clements hotel. It was a bit cramped for an SUV or a van. Overall, our experience was very pleasant. We've already discussed that our future hotel reservations will be made through The Caravelle Resort and will be specifically requesting accomodations at the St. Clements Hotel.

Great Time in MB!

Returned from the Caravelle in MB last week and had a great time. We love to stay there during Bike Week because it is close enough to all of the attractions and events in MB but isnt in the middle of all of the chaos.

We stayed for four nights and everyone on staff was SO helpful, particularly with the parking since we had a trailer and two motorcycles to go with our pickup truck. I can't really understand why other people complain about parking here since we had space for all of our vehicles, but I guess for some people it's hard to make that long 50 foot walk across the street from the overflow deck!

Just another mediocre hotel on Ocean Blvd

We checked into the Caravelle at the end of April for a long weekend stay. Initally, we chose the Caravelle because we were looking for a place with a decent amount of amenities in case the weather wasn't great, but wasn't that expensive. On the positive side, the room was clean and the staff was pleasant. The hotel was also nicely landscapped with mature palm trees all around. We also enjoyed the hotel's location - convenient to highways but far enough away from the town's exhausting carnival atmosphere. On the negative side, the parking was terrible and the elevators were even worse. It wasn't unusual to wait ten minutes for an elevator (an eternity for someone holding onto a wiggly toddler). The other bad thing for us was the room layout and size. The four of us were constently tripping over each other and the crib (borrowed from the hotel) was constently in the way. We found ourselves climbing over beds just to get out of the front door - not exactly a safe situation. Anyway, we probably won't stay here again mainly because of parking and the size of the rooms. It's unfortunate though because I wouldn't classify it as a bad deal - it just didn't work out for a family of four. Next time, I think we might check out the Ocean Sands, which is located close by. It's the location we love, but the hotel appears to be move convenient and have more ammenities than the Caravelle.

Stay somewhere else !!

Just got back from 9 days in MB. As this was our first trip to MB, we were referred to the Caravelle by some friends who had stayed there several times. However, they stayed in the condos, never the hotel. Since we booked late, all we could get was the hotel, an oceanfront "suite", which was far from sweet !!! Agree with alot of the prior reviews, the check-in was less than smooth, and we had to change rooms twice because the rooms were gross !! (and forget even trying to get a cart or help with luggage at the 3 PM check-in) We finally ended up in a half decent room, but the elevator situation is ridiculous. We were on the 14th floor, so we would end up stopping on almost every floor on the way up or down and it was extremely hot and sticky in the elevators, no ventilation. The housekeeping was less than adequate, I think all they did was come in and make the beds, and drop off towels. In fact, we were only given TWO towels and had to request more each day. We had sand all over our floors for days & the sink and tub looked like it was never even wiped.
We used the pool next door because the hotel pool was WAY overcrowded, too small, dirty, and loud !! The lazy river is a joke, and the jacuzzi and lazy river were yellow-ish in color. YUK!

Overall, MB itself is nice, lots to do and nice eating establishments - we had some great food. I highly recommend Cagneys (on kings hwy) and Margaritaville at Broadway at the Beach.... Hated the Pavilion area, in fact, we decided not to even do the amusement park, rather just ate and left the area.
During our time down there we heard of some other places to stay including the new Marriott property, and also Litchfield. Would go back to MB, just not the Caravelle, and even then not for a few years !!

Comments