Caravelle Resort

See Amenities

Recent stay at Caravelle Resort

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 20, 2012

Room was updated, however found a roach.
Beds were comfortable, however the pillows were flat. I had to double up, and put in my personal pillowcase. Kitchen area nice and clean. Furniture was clean. Nice size balcony.

Parking was challenging, mostly had to park in the overflow garage across the street during the evening hours. The walk across the street wasn't too bad.

Resort itself was ok. Only real gripe I have is the big so called hot tub outside, was barely lukewarm. I brought this to the attention of the Pool Man, who just simply stated he checked it already and it was 102 degrees. and walked the hell off!! HOW RUDE~ .......

So if you are staying at the Main Building the Spa is like 75 degree, and the Pool man does not like his job!
I mean that is the ammentity that I look forward to. Caravelle needs to hire someone that wants and cares about complaints, and not just walk off.

THE POOL MAN SUCKS!!

Unique Quality: Great view. Room updated. Plenty of room. Pool was nice.

Haize's Profile Photo

RIP-OFF

by written on February 21, 2011

They make the hotel look great when you are looking online and it seems like such a great deal...well, you know the saying, "if it seems too good to be true, that's because it is." I booked a room at this hotel when I went down with friends for a marathon the weekend of February 18-20. I left my room for a couple of hours on Saturday to go down to the beach. When I left, housekeeping was on my floor. When I got back, my bag with all my clothes, my purse, my Canon SLR camera and a bag of jewelry was gone! I called the front desk and was essentially told that, "gosh, that sucks, but we're not liable." There was no forced entry into the room...an electronic key was used. I was told by the front desk that they had a key reader of some sort that would tell them every key that was used to open the door, but could never get them to bring out this miraculous machine while I was there. I filed a police report and we'll see how that goes, but I feel like I made a huge mistake going with the "good deal" I found online because it ended up costing so much more in the long run. I cannot explain the lack of concern with the staff in the fact that a patron staying at their place of business was robbed. My stuff was taken out of a locked room. A staff member asked if I wasn't utilizing the room safe...which granted, I wasn't, but even if I had, it was too small to place my camera in, let alone my duffle bag with all my clothes and my purse. There is no security at this hotel...none...no cameras, no security gaurds, nothing. If you value your friends, family, children, I would think twice before booking here. Well, I take that back...the only place that there are cameras is at the front desk, I suppose to ensure the staff is safe from...robbery. I have since seen other reviews about the hotel that involved room theft...I wish I had seen those beforehand. I am not trying to say that someone working at the hotel robbed me, but since this has happened, it has become very clear that this happened numerous times at this location, even though I was told that it has NEVER happened before. I asked the police officer that took my report, if he had been out there for anything like this before and he said that he had been out there for a similar report less than a year ago...and that's just one cop...I'd like to ask the others. PLEASE,DO NOT BOOK YOUR STAY HERE!!!

Unique Quality: The hotel is in a good location, but outside from that, the rooms are dated and smell and there is NO SECURITY. The staff were very unpleasant.

On a slippery slope

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 22, 2010

We stayed at the Caravelle for 2 winter months in 2009, and had few complaints, other than we had to call for security a number of times to close the pool late at night when left open and it became very noisy in the area, and made it impossible to sleep. This year (2010) we booked in for 3 winter months. 1 month has gone and we are not looking forward to the 2 months left.
The fire alarm has gone off 4 or 5 times, twice in one night--first at about 9;30 pm, and next about 4;00 am. Their response is that "we are working on it"".

The most annoying problem is in the indoor swimming pool area. We, and others have constantly complained about the cold water temperature in the pool, making it uncomfortable, if not impossible to swim. There have been breakdowns in the equipment in both hot tubs, and the temperature of the tubs were so cold , one could not get in the water. This was always rectified, but only to break down again. We feel that we may as well left our bathing suits at home. We were told by staff that we could use the pool at an adjoining hotel, but it was closed for major repairs, and to date, has never been open. Front desk staff, for the most part, has been friendly and helpful, but when rude, they are extremely so. Not a pleasant stay--and maybe the last at this resort. We have heard others make the similar remarks.

Directions: Northern area of Myrtle Beach

Change of heart

by written on August 21, 2009

my family vacationed at the Caravelle for at least four years. This year (August 2009) we arrived to find we were given a room with a lot less square footage than we usually get, on the very same floor we usually stay on. We complained and thought all would be back to normal when we were given another room on the same floor. However, the mattresses in the new room were very hard and thin. When I complained to the front desk, they were less than helpful and told me most of the unit's are individually owned and I had no recourse for dealing with the "firm" mattresses. I could not sleep another night on it, and was forced to check out two days early. I like the location, but feel the staff are not friendly, and have no interest in solving problems for their guests. The elevators are very slow, and the common area around the ice machine on 5th floor is always wet. Individual ownership leads to a quality control gap and creates a hotel that is inconsistent at best. I always thought highly of this place, but now I would never recommend it to anyone. The young girl working the front desk did not even know what the Chamber of Commerce was! I guess when your hotel is at max occupancy, you no longer care about individual patrons. Well, that type of management philosophy will eventually come back to haunt you. I wonder if management has recently changed hands???

Unique Quality: The location is good with easy access to the beach.

Directions: located between down town MB and North MB.

Chaos at the Caravelle! No r&r here!

by written on July 8, 2007

I would not recommend this resort to families until improvements are made in security. The facilities themselves are very nice however while visiting from June 29,2007 - July 7, 2007 I found complete chaos. There were poolside fights, someone tried to take my bag and towel away from me, and there were two major evacuations that were false alarms. One came around 8:00AM and the other at 1:00AM! Just when everyone was sleeping! There was a lack of adequete security presence in the facilities and the place ran amuck! Not a place you want to take your children as the circumstances were very dangerous and could have been much worse!

Gra8ful's Profile Photo

A Family FUN Place

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 12, 2005

Nice place to stay the people who work there are very nice. Be sure to leave them a tip and you will get all the towels you need ;-)

Unique Quality: The Caravelle Resort is a place I would recommend with over 600 rooms one, two or three bedrooms as well as condos. Beautiful tropical landscaping featuring a large lazy river, kiddie pool, indoor and outdoor hot tubs large outdoor pool, sauna, exercise room, snack bar, ice cream shop, sandwich shop, as well as many different packages such as the Golf and Family and Entertainment packages. We get the family package with that a family with 2 adults and 2 children can get a breakfast buffet each morning as well as 16 tickets to different area attractions. Children just love all the different activities throughout the day pool side

Directions: 6900 North Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach South Carolina

Nearby Caravelle Resort

Caravelle Resort

• Myrtle Beach Caravelle Resort
  • Caravelle Resort Myrtle Beach Sc
  • Caravelle Hotel Myrtle Beach Sc
  • The Caravelle Golf Family Resort

Address: 6900 North Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29572, United States

5 Photos of Caravelle Resort

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Myrtle Beach Travel Forum

Need advice about Myrtle Beach, South Carolina? Visit the Travel Forum for Myrtle Beach and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Myrtle Beach hotel reviews