3000 North Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29577, United States
Booking.com Tingo.com CaribbeanResort

More about Caribbean Resort And Villas

We'll be back next year!

We just returned from the Caribbean Resort and I was very impressed by how clean it was. The room was spotless and smelled great when we arrived. Our cleaning service was also great and actually straightened up for us. We have an 18 month old and his toys were everywhere! We had a 1st floor room which I highly recommend because you don't have to deal with any elevators and the view is still breathtaking. My son loved the pools and the hot tub! It is a great place for families. The only thing I can think of to complain about was that the beds were hard, but that is the norm for most hotel beds. We will definitly be back next year and are even planning to stay longer!

Would definetly go back!!!!!!

Was in MB the last week of August also. Had a fabulous time. We stayed at the Caribbean resort, which is probably the last big hotel on the north end of MB. The hotel was fabulous! The swimming areas they had for young kids were the best. We went wading in the ocean. Didnt see any jellyfish etc like last poster said. We also drove to the main area of town for activites, only because didnt want our kids tired out before the fun began. We managed to find parking spots where we didnt have to pay to park every time we were there. Only about 2 blocks off ocean drive. My husband and 4 yr old son went parasailing and in my sons words..."IT was AWESOME!" Also took a boat ride on the Sea Thunder from Calabash! Great ride, the "captain" made the trip! He was very entertaining and fun! Saw a lot of dolphins on the ride!MB is what you make of it, there is a little bit of everything, so everyone should be able to make there own fun!I just wish I was back there dangling my toes in the water aaahhhhh!!!!

Fantastic Resort

by TripAdvisor Member vtgramWallingford_CT

We stayed at the Carribean Resort from 9/7/03 through 9/12/03. The rooms were clean, set up efficiently, and had a great view. It was in a quiet section, not too much traffic so it was easy to get to the parking. The pools and lazy river were always clean and inviting. The staff was pleasant and helpful, even when they were busy with check-in and check-out. I would highly recommend this resort and plan to return in the future.

Best Place on the Strand!

We make the 600 or so mile trip almost every year, and every time it is better. This resort has it all. From the spacious pool, to the lazy river, to the newly added jacuzzis and kid park, this place has the feel of home. I even met a nice girl this year. I would recommend this resort to the president of the United States!

Great improvement

I've been going to The Caribbean for about 9 years. It's a wonderful hotel, and has gotten a lot better. At one time, the maid staff was extremely rude, but have improved alot. My last visit was in December 2002, and the maid staff was better (still a little curt) but better.
The front desk is also friendlier. There are so many hotels on the beach that a friendly smile can go a long way in making a great vacation!

I DO NOT recommend going during Biker Week unless you like so much noise you can't hear the ocean, no parking (which means you can't drive anywhere), and loud parties all night.

The elevators could be a little cleaner (very wet in the summer due to people running from the pool into the elevator). Also, waiting for an elevator is a nightmare. Load up the car the night before! Or check-out before 10:00 a.m.

The hotel should offer some kind of "frequent-stay" rewards, or special discounts (which they currently do not). The pool and the lazy river are great. The jacuzzi is usually packed. If you want to use it, get in around 10:00 p.m., otherwise forget it!

All-in-all it is a nice stay.

THE Place to stay in MB!

Great hotel, great value for the price! We visit MB every year for the New Year's holiday, and have stayed at the Caribbean for the past 8 years in a row. Always a great time, excellent staff. LOVE IT!

Great location, great time

We stayed the second week of August 2003 and had a great time. Our first time in MB and we would love to go back. The elevator wait was the only problem we had with this hotel. The staff was great and friendly, including the maids. Parking across the street was a little tight-cornered but we always found a spot. I loved how this was the last big hotel for a while so the traffic eased up right there. There was a Jamaican women at the poolside daily who braided hair and all the girls were lined up waiting for their turn. My daughter's hair turned out beautifully and lasted about 3 weeks. The oceanfront suites were clean and well stocked with appliances and gadgets. After our first few days there we realized that all the pool chairs were being reserved with towels by the early risers even though the signs state not to do that. But we had to join in to get our spots staked out. I would recommend this hotel and location to anyone who wants to visit. One night we even walked "downtown", about 20 blocks, and it was a great way to check out the other places. Many looked wonderful too but no need to try another since the Caribbean had all we wanted.

Not so good...

This is actually the 4th time I have stayed at the resort and by far it was the worst experience ever. We were staying with another family and needed our rooms next to each other. After much miscommunication from the rude front desk staff, we were told our rooms would be next to each other. Guess what, that didn't happen! The other family was 3 rooms down. Our room keys stopped working half way through the week and we were treated like a nuisance when we went to get our keys re-activated.
Our car was broken into and vandalized. Van parking spaces were taken up by small cars and SUV's and those rules were not enforced at all.
The elevators and ice machines worked half the time. When we checked into our room, we found our air conditioner didn't work. The only highlight of our stay there was the weather and our houskeeper. She was awesome and the only one at the resort who deserved a tip at the end of the week. The pool/maintenance staff was great and the pool and deck area was always very clean. The front desk staff was terribly rude, intolerable of peoples needs and talked to people like they were children. We probably won't go back!

Would definately recommend!

We went there the last week of August. We had such a fabulous time! The children's pools were wonderful. I loved the pool side bar. The hotel was so close to the water! I really liked that there were showers to rinse off the sand and chairs at the beach. I didn't find a problem with finding a chair at the pool as other people did. But, then again, I went from Wed. to Sun. It did get a little crowded on Saturday, but it was still a wonderful experience. The maid service was excellent, and I thought the staff was very helpful and courteous. And, you gotta eat breakfast next door. They had the best breakfast at an extremely economical price. I can't say enough about this place. It was so perfectly located too. Will definately go again!

We'll be back!

Clean, Clean, Clean, my family just Loved the place. The pools are great for any age. The Hotel was sold out but I didn't hear anything from the other rooms. Can't wait to go back.

do i look scared?do i look scared?

people waiting for the showpeople waiting for the show

The great blue heron on the shoreline of MyrtleThe great blue heron on the shoreline of Myrtle

Comments