Coral Beach Resort Hotel & Suites

Coral Beach Resort & Suites
Hotels.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

More about Coral Beach Resort Hotel & Suites

Coral Beach Resort-Not!!!!!

Do not be fooled by the Coral Beach Resort's pictures online. This hotel was not worth any of the stars it was given. The only good thing I have to say is that they promptly refunded my money when I checked out 10 minutes after checking in. This hotel was dirty and beaten up. The bowling alley and lazy pools cannot compensate for filthy rugs and dirty walls. This hotel should be torn down and built back up from scratch.

Enjoyed Coral Beach Resort

I was pleased with our room. We had the ocean front corner room. We love to sit on the balcony in the evening and watch the ocean. The room was not the cleanest I have ever stayed in. Behind the wall bed was dirt from a lot of guests. We have stayed here in the past and enjoyed the music at the pool bar in the evening but this year the only thing we heard was a lot of karaokee. To me the only people that enjoy karaokee are the ones singing. We would rathar here beach music or music from the 60's and 70's. Even a DJ would we better than the entertainment this year. We did have a good vacation and all in all it was good. We do plan to go to the Coral Beach Resort next year. Just hope the entertainment will be better.

Worst hotel ever stayed at.

My family and I decided to get a hotel up in Myrtle Beach for a weekend getaway. I looked up several hotels on hotels.com and decided on Coral Beach Resort. Big mistake. I called up there to get room for the weekend because of the age limited they had on the ... website. The bowling alley was in terrible shape. The lanes were poorly maintained. The staff very unfriendly. My daughter, which was a infant at the time, starting crying one night. I got a call from the staff. Without asking me about the situation they threaten to call the cops. In which, I was pretty shocked about. Then when I checked out. The price that I was given over the phone and quoted upon checked had jumped an extra $20 dollars a night. I questioned it and the bill had laiden with numberous extra charges. Non of which was ever told about nor written anywhere. Please don't waste your money there. Defiantly, not a 4-star hotel maybe closer to a 1 star with service received. Comes nowhere close to a 4-star in Israel, Germany, England, or any international location.

It's really a good place to stay

My family and I have stayed at the Coral Beach 3 different times. We have never been dissappointed by the resort or the hotel staff. We are used to staying at good quality resorts. After reading the other postings, I felt compelled to write, any place can have a temporary bad problem. I assume that is the case with the Coral Beach. None of the times that we have stayed have we encountered any problems other than the fact that the first time we stayed there a few years ago, we could not get a chair at any of the pools...we were there in April and it wasnt so bad. We stayed at another hotel in Myrtle Beach before the Coral Beach and it must have been having a bad day because everything about it was bad. The Angle Ocean front rooms are just that, you have to look at an angle to see the Ocean. I would recommend the Coral Beach--if you don't like the slow elevators, then use the steps if you can. After all the leisure of laying around the steps were good good exercise. Give the Coral Beach a try, I think that you will like it.

great resort

Just got back from the Coral Beach. My family and I had a wonderful relaxing vacation. I will definitely suggest the Coral Beach to anyone looking to have a great time in Myrtle Beach!!!

Great for kids, but crowded, noisy, and bad room

Coral Beach was recommended by a friend, and I went there with my son the summer of '02. While the place has great facilities for kids, including the bowling alley and good pools, the room was sub-standard -- small TV, musty smell (as many have noted in other reviews), and just generallyl felt dirty. Also agree with others about the people at the reception desk, who I found fairly surly and unresponsive.

Bad room had fun anyway

Stayed July 12-15, 2003. Booked the "oceanfront executive suite" on sale for 167 per night from 209 per night. I thought this would mean a great room, but I was wrong. The first room they gave me smelled so bad I couldn't stand it, even with a bad head cold. The carpet was torn, bedspreads bad, and couches stained. The second room smelled better, but the bedspreads were worse. Funny thing is I requested freshly laundered bedding when I reserved. So I took the second room, but asked to replace bedspreads. Eventually warm spreads arrived. Staff made a true effort to accomodate us, giving us lots of extra towels. Bathroom was dirty, so I bought cleaning supplies and cleaned it myself. My 5 year old, however, thought the room was so great that she said she wanted to live there forever. We had a great time, lots of amenities, pools, right on the beach, we really had fun. We didn't spend much time in the room anyway. Cash only room service and bars etc so bring cash.
I think most Myrtle hotel rooms are probably the same.

Great Pools!

The pools are the coolest thing there. 2 big pools, a kiddie pool, several whirlpools, lazy river. The kids did not want to leave the hotel there was so much to do. Rooms were nice, clean. Hotel was clean.
Parking is somewhat of a problem though. Doesn't seem to be enough spaces. Don't buy beer at the poolside bar. There is a Food Lion grocery store 2 blocks away that sells beer. Get a cooler and take it to the pool with you. Even though the signs say "No coolers at the pool area", everyone pretty much ignores the sign, and the staff could care less about enforcing it. Don't take your beer on the beach....the Myrtle Beach cops love to bust you for this.

4 star price with 2 star quality

Very disappointed!! 2.5 million in renovations, I suppose "renovation" means everything gets a coat of paint. Slow & hot elevators covered with sand and water. Musty room with plastic sink in the bathroom. Not what you would expect from a four star hotel. The room charge should have been half the price we payed. Some positive points---we were only there for 3 days, no bugs seen in the room and we got fresh towels every day. Would we stay again? I think not!

Great Time

by TripAdvisor Member susan_volfan

Great resort. If you have kids, especially teens, this is a great place to stay. Clean, freindly, and fun are the words to describe this resort.

catching up with old friendscatching up with old friends

Jess having funJess having fun

Whispering PinesWhispering Pines

looking for a hotel

by lmbcodybear

I'm going to M.B. in two weeks and I'm looking for a luxory hotel on the beach. I'm a self proclaimed "hotel snob" and mb looks like a fun place but the hotel choices seem kind of honky tonk. I have a 3 year old son so I like the water park features at most of the hotels. I was thinking of the Breakers, Dune Village and Coral Beach or Island Vista. Does anyone have any opinions on these hotels or any other hotel in mb? My main requirements are a luxory bed ocean views a restaurant and lounge and cool pools.

by Gra8ful

I have stayed at the Breakers it was fine but I liked The Avista Resort, they have an awesome pool area also The Caravelle Resort has what you are looking for. They have just redid all there rooms with new beds and Flat TV's. I like this area of M/B as well it's just a bit nicer I think anyway. Have a good trip..I'm going the first week in July I'm staying at The Caravelle Resort..

by Gra8ful

Oh and The Caravelle Resort has just added a Fun NEW kids water area..A 3 y/o would love this place.

by Gra8ful

P.S. Hope the water is warm enough for you...It's a bit to early for me. I like the Hot weather.

by always1ontime

Wow, I wished I'd joined this site sooner because I stayed at a great resort last year in Myrtle Beach. I promised the manager I'd tell everybody about it so if you ever go back stay at the Sea Mist Resort. It was pretty cool; I stayed in an Ocean View room that of course had a great view of the ocean. I slept with the little slide door open to hear it at night. The room had a kitchenette in it so i was able to keep to my diet for breakfast and lunch at least (We went out for dinner!).

Comments