5200 N. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29577, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Tingo.com

Costs 115% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Beautiful until the Intrusion

We arrived at the Dunes on Friday at 5:00 p.m. checked in at the front desk was asked to pay the remainder of the cost at that time. We were staying until that Sunday with the indoor water park I thought to myself the cost ($640) was going to be worth it if the kids had a good time. Well we went to the water park that Friday night came back to the room to dress to go out, one of our family members was not feeling well so she stayed behind, and we were gratefull that she did, because while we were out our room we had vistors, other quest came into the room while she was sleeping, she wrote up to people standing in the living room, she asked them to leave the room and she called down to the front desk to let them know that they had given out keys to our room. Well I didn't find this out until the next morning I was so upset that they let this happen I got on the phone to speak to management , they appolized and explained it was a computer error it seems that we hadn't checked in, I explained to them they didn't have luggage then it went to they were on a tour, now this happened at 10:30 to 11:30 at night (little late for tours), I expained how upset and asked how could they make this situation a little better, they offered to get me new keys, move me to another room or a free breakfast, none which made me feel better, I felt like I had been violated and they didn't care or didn't take it seriously, we were spoken down to when we addressed the matter with management. Its is a nice place, if you don't mind having quest pop in on you and I feel it all about money, which they never offered to discount my stay for the inconvience of showing the room with us in it. My first and my last time there.

• Beware

Just returned from a week long Myrtle Beach vacation. My extended family and I, including children, stayed at the Dunes Village Resort. On the third night of our stay, I was bitten extensively at night by bed bugs. Hotel Management called in an exterminator, who identified bed bugs in both of the beds in the room where we were staying. Management seemed unprepared to deal with the infestation. They moved us to another room, but refused to acknowledge the possibility that the bugs could travel with us to the new room. Moreover, the room which we vacated appeared to be cleaned and ready for occupants the following day-contrary to steps recommended be taken by the exterminator. The management did not take this matter seriously.

Unique Quality: My children loved the indoor waterpark. The view in our first room (bed bug infested) was great.

Directions: Beach front.

• Great accomodations!

This is a great place to stay, especially for the kids! There are activities everyday for the kids. Great rooms & a wonderful hotel! We just finished our 2nd year staying there & love it more each year!

More about Dunes Village Resort

Loved the Dunes Village Resort!

by TripAdvisor Member t1i3a

I was at the Dunes Village Resort from May 7-10. When we checked in, we were asked if we wanted to be moved to a higher floor and we agreed. We were in a Oceanfront Studio and the view was perfect and the room was pristine. Everything was new, and it was more than enough space for my boyfriend and I. Based on others reviews, we brought some pots and pans with us for cooking. Housekeeping for us was fine, they came every morning to clean the room and replaced everything that we needed (which wasn't much). The indoor water park and the outdoor pool were great. It is definitely a family friendly hotel so expect to see many kids around. We were looking for the hotel to be a home base to days to in and around Myrtle Beach and it was perfect for that. The hotel was close to everything including the outlets, mini golfing, and clubs. We got the lowest price on an Oceanfront studio which included coffee and a pastry every morning at the Seattle's Best Coffee. For what we paid, I cannot complain about anything. Definitely a wonderful stay, would stay there again if visiting Dunes Village.

Love Dunes Village Resort

by TripAdvisor Member kbaby58

Our family stayed at Dunes Village June 3rd - June 9th and loved every minute of our stay. We were in a very spacious and clean one bedroom suite, and my parents were in a deluxe king studio. The staff members are very friendly and helpful. I love the fact that the stairwells are open - it just makes a person feel more safe when taking the stairs.
The pools are wonderful and the indoor waterpark was a blast,- my 72 yr. old father couldn't get enough of the waterslides. We also enjoyed the game area - pool tables, air hockey, ping pong table, shuffleboard,etc. We never found ourselves bored. The outdoor pool deck is large, there were always a few empty lounge chairs.
The beach is wide and situated between 2 residential areas, therefore not extremely crowded. The phase 2 construction of Dunes Village does create some noise but we do not sleep late so it was no bother to us at all. It is going to be very nice - larger than phase 1 and will also have an indoor waterpark. There are also going to be more outdoor water features at the phase 2 bldg.
We loved everything about Dunes Village and will definately stay there again - the sooner the better!!!

Great New Resort

by TripAdvisor Member IowaBeachLuver

Beautiful room, great water park in the resort. Close to shopping and restaurants. Staff/employees were all extremely helpful and friendly. Hotel bar drinks and food reasonably priced. Very clean. Have vacationed in Myrtle Beach for many years - The Dunes Village Resort is the best place we have ever stayed. Would recommend it to anyone and we plan to visit again!

Great for families!

by TripAdvisor Member BRONCOSLUVER

Stayed at Dunes Village Resort May 20th-25th. We had a party of 12 and stayed in a 4 bedroom condo on the 11th floor.We arrived at 2:45, check in was at 3, we had no problems with check in. Our 4 bedroom condo was awesome. It was large and spacious.One bedroom had a king bed all the others had 2 queens.Each bedroom had it's own bathroom which was nice. The kitchen area was great. Nice GE appliances including,stove,microwave, and refridgerator.Granite countertops.Garbage Disposal.All nice touches. The resort is new so as expected new, clean furnishings.The condo also has a full size, top of the line,washer and dryer! The room was perfect.Elevators in the hotel were fast and clean, never had to wait long for them.Pool area was fun. Indoor waterpark isn't huge but it is a nice size with 2 waterslides, a kiddie pool, and 2 hottubs. Outdoor pool was small but uncrowed the week we were there.The tanning deck was nice and large, always a chair available.We had no problems with housekeeping, came everyday,left plenty of towels. There is a lot of construction next door for the new phase. Our bedroom was right beside it. They started working around 7am, this didn't bother us we were already awake but if you like to sleep in than you may want to ask to be on the other side of the building.During the day it was actually pretty fun to watch the big craines next door, my little guys loved it. The resort was not very full and the beach was uncrowded.This was a great time to visit, in between the bike weeks.I would stay at this resort again, I just wonder what it's like at full capacity.

Awesome Resort!!!

by TripAdvisor Member HeathJS21

I loved DUNES VILLAGE!!! I can't say enough wonderful things about it. The rooms were nice, new and smelled fresh. The room we stayed in had a sofa, 2 tv's, a dressing area with sink and mirror, nice closet, and a very nice, new kitchenette. The views of the ocean were amazing. The hotel is situated between 2 large residential areas and so the beach was not crowded at all. There were a couple hotels beside it, but even still, the beach wasn't crowded. It was nice and quiet. The beach was very large and wide and comfortable.

Back to the room, the only issue we had with the place was housekeeping. They hardly cleaned the room. I know for sure they didn't vaccum, but one time they didn't leave us any wash cloths and so we had to call 3 times to get them to bring any...1 1/2 hours later, we got them...after we showered of course. After 30 minutes, I got tired of waiting on them! I do know why they are so lazy... there is a housekeeping lounge area on the 3rd floor and everytime you'd look in there, there were a bunch of people in there goofing off. And, the same people multiple times when we'd walk back to our room just a couple hours later.

A small word of advice though...don't stay on the 1st or 2nd floors. They first stuck us on the first floor, which I didn't much like because of the view and it being right beside the pool. Well, after seeing where those rooms were I am REALLY glad I didn't. From the resturant you can walk past those rooms to get out the side door to the beach. Plus, those rooms are right beside the construction or rather the room they had us in...116 was going to be. I asked nicely to be moved higher because I didn't want everybody in their brother walking by my door. And boy am I glad I did. They put us in 309 and it was a GREAT room!

We did eat at the Sea Captians Cafe in this hotel. It was really good and we'd recommend it to anyone. I had a hotdog and my hubby had a fish sandwich. He said it was the best fish sadnwich he'd ever had...and we eat a lot of different places.

serious housekeeping issues

by TripAdvisor Member rjw212

arrived at the dunes expecting a peaceful week, however checkin was very slow it took 15 minutes and nobody else was at desk, the person who checked us in did not appear to know what she was doing, after arriving in the room, a 1 bedroom unit we checked the bed linens as we always do, to our dismay they had not been changed there were makeup stains on pillows and sheets were wrinkled and smelled of perfume. had to call front desk, they sent someone up promptly who in turn had housekeeping change them,be aware there is serious housekeeping problem at this resort,we had to ask to have the sheets changed again after four nights there. also the noise is very bad in the 1 bedroom unit since the doors are next to each other in a small hallway off the main hallway, they are also next to the bedrooms and the slamming of the adjacent unit door is very irratating at night, we stayed on the 7th floor which have extended balconies which were nice, however several times during the week children on the upper floors were throwing cereal down on our balcony.

Very nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member glrintreasurelake

The hotel is about one year old so everything is still like new. Carpeting was clean and unstained. Rooms are nicely furnished. Bathrooms are very large. Elevators are very fast. Staff were all very pleasant and very accomodating. The parking garage is across the street but is a very easy garage to navigate. Great place for families with children due to the indoor waterpark, including an indoor lazy river. Housekeeping was a little lax some days but we believe that was due to one housekeeper. Hotel has a coffee shop (Seattle's Best Coffee) and a small restaurant/bar. We didn't eat here so we do not know how the food was but others seemed to be enjoying. Hotel is located in the middle of a very nice residential section of the beach. The resort is in the process of building a second tower that is scheduled to open Fall 2007. We will definitely stay here again.

AWESOME, will stay again

by TripAdvisor Member golden475

We couldn't have been more happy. If traveling with small children this is a must. Not only did they have an indoor water park that my 5 yr old couldn't get enough of, it is out of all the hoopla of the strip but you are still close if you want to go. The staff was wonderful and coordious. The only problem we had was with housekeeping not emptying our trash under the sink. Room was very spacious and the resort itself was layed out great. Strongly suggest going to the properties website for reservations because they have great deals 30 to 40% off room rates.

Staying in N. Myrtle Beach but wanting to visit S Myrtle Beach--Convenient Drive? Other Questions...

by sabogg01

We are staying at the Patricia Grand Resort in August for a few days, as we are looking to be in the more remote area of the beach away from S Ocean BLVD. I am assuming that it is about 10-20 minutes away from most locations on the south side. Is this an easy drive or is it very crowded? (We are staying in the middle of the week) Wanting to at least go down to South Myrtle Beach for a day to just walk around and visit the shops. Is parking a problem? What about public transportation? Affordable or out of the question?
Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Staying in N. Myrtle Beach but wanting to visit S Myrtle Beach--Convenient Drive? Other Question

by piytravelmike

I wouldn't stress too much about driving down - especially during the day in the middle of the week. Yes, there are lots of traffic lights, but it shouldn't be bumper to bumper gridlock. Myrtle Beach is fairly expansive and not especially compact, so I don't foresee parking being much of an issue.

There is a bus system (http://www.golymo.com/), but I don't know if it will buy you anything. Basically, car is king there.

by SeaRay4U

Not sure what remote part of Ocean Blvd South you are talking about-Springmaid Pier maybe. OBS is as crowded as OBN most places. You are not that far staying at Patrica Grand from anywhere on OBS. As for public transportation-its not something alot of visitors use, very limited schedule. You are better off driving-as Grand Strand is 60 miles long and so much to see, by car. And not sure what you mean by SHOPS on OBS, aren't really aren't any. Maybe a beachshop and convenience store by Family Kingdom-not much else. There are a few shops right around the old Pavillion area around 10th Ave North to 6th Ave North, but mainly beach shops and what I call "head shops" some restaurants, Ripley's museum, Haunted House.
Go further north up to say 54th Ave around the Dunes Village Resort, more homes and not as many large resorts you will find less people on the beaches.

Comments