Dunes Village Resort

Tags

Road Trip Beaches Family Travel
See Amenities

Beautiful until the Intrusion

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 28, 2012

We arrived at the Dunes on Friday at 5:00 p.m. checked in at the front desk was asked to pay the remainder of the cost at that time. We were staying until that Sunday with the indoor water park I thought to myself the cost ($640) was going to be worth it if the kids had a good time. Well we went to the water park that Friday night came back to the room to dress to go out, one of our family members was not feeling well so she stayed behind, and we were gratefull that she did, because while we were out our room we had vistors, other quest came into the room while she was sleeping, she wrote up to people standing in the living room, she asked them to leave the room and she called down to the front desk to let them know that they had given out keys to our room. Well I didn't find this out until the next morning I was so upset that they let this happen I got on the phone to speak to management , they appolized and explained it was a computer error it seems that we hadn't checked in, I explained to them they didn't have luggage then it went to they were on a tour, now this happened at 10:30 to 11:30 at night (little late for tours), I expained how upset and asked how could they make this situation a little better, they offered to get me new keys, move me to another room or a free breakfast, none which made me feel better, I felt like I had been violated and they didn't care or didn't take it seriously, we were spoken down to when we addressed the matter with management. Its is a nice place, if you don't mind having quest pop in on you and I feel it all about money, which they never offered to discount my stay for the inconvience of showing the room with us in it. My first and my last time there.

Beware

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 15, 2009

Just returned from a week long Myrtle Beach vacation. My extended family and I, including children, stayed at the Dunes Village Resort. On the third night of our stay, I was bitten extensively at night by bed bugs. Hotel Management called in an exterminator, who identified bed bugs in both of the beds in the room where we were staying. Management seemed unprepared to deal with the infestation. They moved us to another room, but refused to acknowledge the possibility that the bugs could travel with us to the new room. Moreover, the room which we vacated appeared to be cleaned and ready for occupants the following day-contrary to steps recommended be taken by the exterminator. The management did not take this matter seriously.

Unique Quality: My children loved the indoor waterpark. The view in our first room (bed bug infested) was great.

Directions: Beach front.

Great accomodations!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 13, 2009

This is a great place to stay, especially for the kids! There are activities everyday for the kids. Great rooms & a wonderful hotel! We just finished our 2nd year staying there & love it more each year!

Nearby Dunes Village Resort

Dunes Village Resort

• Dunes Village Resort Myrtle Beach
  • Myrtle Beach Dunes Village Resort
  • Dunes Village Resort Motel
  • Dunes Village Myrtle Beach
  • Dunes Village Hotel Myrtle Beach

Address: 5200 N. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29577, United States

Amenities at Dunes Village Resort

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Free High Speed Internet

Myrtle Beach Travel Forum

Need advice about Myrtle Beach, South Carolina? Visit the Travel Forum for Myrtle Beach and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Myrtle Beach hotel reviews